Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Chrysler removes its lifetime powertrain warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-09, 08:19 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I cant believe they even initiated anything like that considering they build garbage. I remeber when Road & Track magazine tested their 300C SRT8 they had to leave the car at a dealership for 6 weeks because the engine blew while sitting at a stop light . pathetic .

Did that moron really say thet consumers want fixed time warranties???? They assult the public with their low rent cars and then they insult your intelligence as well. I wouldnt drive a Chrysler if it was for free.
Old 08-20-09, 11:36 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I cant believe they even initiated anything like that considering they build garbage. I remeber when Road & Track magazine tested their 300C SRT8 they had to leave the car at a dealership for 6 weeks because the engine blew while sitting at a stop light.
No disagreeing that Chrysler has built some garbage, I know many people that are more then happy Mopar fans, it's odd cause I would describe Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep as building cars in 2 different factories, the V8 vehicles seem to have a much higher build quality then any of the same vehicles with V6's or smaller engines, just with the 300's, 5.7 & 6.1 Hemi models are pretty reliable and problem free, where the 300's equipped with the 3.5 or 2.7 liter V6 engines just seem like they are completely different cars, way more problems with them.
Old 08-21-09, 06:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR

Did that moron really say the consumers want fixed time warranties???? They assult the public with their low rent cars and then they insult your intelligence as well. I wouldnt drive a Chrysler if it was for free.
I probably wouldn't drive a Chrysler product either (though I like the Dodge Challenger's looks), but as far as the warranty is concerned, he's not necessarily a moron. What would YOU prefer......a 5 year, no-nonsense warranty that you could rely on (assuming proper care of the vehicle, of course) or an unlimited one full of loopholes?

I'll take the 5-year one myself. In fact, I usually get a new car every 5 years or so.