Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Check out this ebay listing...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-09, 10:03 PM
malujerry
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check out this ebay listing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Owner...=p4506.c0.m245
Old 08-19-09, 11:14 PM
drink300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus was the Son of God. He would have never driven a Benz. It would have been Lexus all the way.

So, I don't believe it.
Old 08-20-09, 01:03 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Since we're all supposed to be the children of God I've never understood what's so special about Jesus anyway. Favouritism if you ask me.
Old 08-20-09, 07:04 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A few instructive points to be found at ebay site (although the auction is closed):
  1. Car is not a collectible, no information on condition. At best, online pricing guides show the car to be worth no more than $3600 on its best day.

2. Car is located on GUAM, shipping is extra.

3. No bids received, and the "auction" was taken down by ebay.

4. Looking at the seller's history, he's never sold ANYTHING previously and he's only purchased seven items - including two pair of shoes, a pinky ring, and a karate book. What is this guy, like twelve? Those last four transactions occurred in the past 60 days and from "storefront" sites. It looks like he's been trying to set up a "sellers record" to give him legitimacy for this big kill.

5. Like I'm sending 100 large to a guy on a Pacific island for a car he may or may not own in undetermined condition and I can't reasonably check out personally without laying out several thousand in airfare.

6. ANYONE who invokes the Lord's name as proof of their legitimacy is immediately suspect. Most "Nigerian scams" also begin with "In the name of Jesus . . . ", obviously seeking to demonstrate their honesty by association. It's not working out well for them either.

7. "I was born at night, but not LAST night."
Incidentally, I'm not Jesus' grandson, ninety generations removed. I am His son and heir, but I can't claim any sort of exclusivity - so are about two billion of my brothers and sisters.
Old 08-20-09, 07:35 AM
LexFather

*Owner's Belief: he's a descendant of Roman Emperors, and just as well Jesus Christ (what's that worth?!)
He's written over 180 reasons why he thinks this is true (he'll provide a copy - over nine pages hand written - to you with your nonrefundable
deposit of at least 25% towards the purchase of the vehicle, and thus subsequent agreement hereto of 2% royalties of Gross Sales Revenue,
assumable-indefinitely-transferal, to the Owner herein in the event of authorized or unauthorized publication). Come on... Muhammad has
descendants... it's not that big of a deal.
And yes, the owner thanks the Roman Catholic Church for keeping Christ's descendants protected
through the obliteration veil (how would you treat Jesus Christ's children? In effect through Jesus Christ's teaching, we're all God's children).

Old 08-20-09, 07:38 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jesus is a lowrider...
Old 08-20-09, 07:42 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Jesus built my hotrod!
Old 08-20-09, 08:30 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

i thought jesus was jewish
Old 08-20-09, 09:53 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Not buying any of this.
Old 08-20-09, 10:11 AM
ultasax
Driver School Candidate

I am related to my cousin Sheldon, but I don't go around bragging!
Old 08-20-09, 01:13 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just laughed when I saw the Ad.
Old 08-20-09, 03:28 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

The license plate says "BRAIN". Yeah right.

Besides, Jesus drives a Land Cruiser.
Old 08-20-09, 03:49 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What would Jesus drive? There seems to be some disagreement . . .
  • One theory is that Jesus would tool around in an old Plymouth because “the Bible says God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury.”

• But in Psalm 83, the Almighty clearly owns a Pontiac and a Geo. The passage urges the Lord to “pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm.”

• Perhaps God favors Dodge pickup trucks, because Moses' followers are warned not to go up a mountain “until the Ram's horn sounds a long blast.”

• Some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. As proof, they cite a verse in St. John's gospel where Christ tells the crowd, “For I did not speak of my own Accord.”

• Meanwhile, Moses rode an old British motorcycle, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring, “the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills.”

• Joshua drove a Triumph sports car with a hole in its muffler: “Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land.”

• And, following the Master's lead, the Apostles car-pooled in a Honda: “The Apostles were in one Accord.”
Old 08-20-09, 04:05 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4X
What would Jesus drive? There seems to be some disagreement . . .
  • One theory is that Jesus would tool around in an old Plymouth because “the Bible says God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury.”

• But in Psalm 83, the Almighty clearly owns a Pontiac and a Geo. The passage urges the Lord to “pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm.”

• Perhaps God favors Dodge pickup trucks, because Moses' followers are warned not to go up a mountain “until the Ram's horn sounds a long blast.”

• Some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. As proof, they cite a verse in St. John's gospel where Christ tells the crowd, “For I did not speak of my own Accord.”

• Meanwhile, Moses rode an old British motorcycle, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring, “the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills.”

• Joshua drove a Triumph sports car with a hole in its muffler: “Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land.”

• And, following the Master's lead, the Apostles car-pooled in a Honda: “The Apostles were in one Accord.”
ROTFLMFAO!!!! This is sooooo wrong on soooooo many levels, but I just CAN'T stop laughing.
Old 08-20-09, 07:13 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

I have to strongly object to how people are using the Deities name/names or referencing Bible persons. Study the scripture it is written in Exodus 20:7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold guiltless anyone who takes his name in vain.
Written from some one who just started Seminary.

Quick Reply: Check out this ebay listing...