Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura says it's putting fuel economy ahead of performance

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-09, 08:46 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Acura slogan

"We're heading in the right direction!!!"

Acura says it's putting fuel economy ahead of performance-ass.jpg
Old 08-21-09, 08:47 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Got to love when Acura said they will weight reductions and technologies like direct injection. I think they are 5 years too late with the DI technology.
Old 08-21-09, 09:36 AM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Acura is looking more and more like Infiniti... 15 years ago.
Old 08-21-09, 10:18 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 06TLDude
I have no problem with what Acura is doing. They will continue to sell cars and at the end of the day that’s all that matters, especially in this economy.

Anyway, here comes another 10 page thread with the same old comments. For an irrelevant brand, Acura sure does get a lot of attention here on CL, I mean A LOT! Prediction, this will turn into another rehash of every other Acura thread.

Admins, CL may need an Acura sticky, just a thought.
You might want to read this.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-car-chat.html
I'm glad you have no problem with what Acura is doing, a lot of people like average things.

What I do have a problem with is your comments about this forum. This is Car CHat and if you actually READ the forum outside of only posting in Acura threads, you will soon realize news and threads are posted on EVERY brand possible and any kind of news.

I also recommended you looking at other websites as they are laughing at Acura like we are. including Honda/Acura forums. Are you scolding them too?

The bottom line is THERE WOULD BE NO ACURA NEWS IN CAR CHAT IF THEY DIDN'T CONTINUE TO OPEN THEIR MOUTHS AND TALK TALK TALK instead of PRODUCING VEHICLES.

So if anything, write Acura a letter and tell them to be quiet b/c their useless press releases are embarrassing, especially to loyal fans.

Old 08-21-09, 11:22 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 06TLDude
I have no problem with what Acura is doing. They will continue to sell cars and at the end of the day that’s all that matters, especially in this economy.

Anyway, here comes another 10 page thread with the same old comments. For an irrelevant brand, Acura sure does get a lot of attention here on CL, I mean A LOT! Prediction, this will turn into another rehash of every other Acura thread.

Admins, CL may need an Acura sticky, just a thought.
Many of us here are actually former Honda/Acura owners, who used to love thier vehicles in the past. But whatever Honda/Acura has been doing for the last 10 or so years has made many of us quite disappointed and upset, and now its to the point that many of us no longer care about them just find them laughable.
Old 08-21-09, 12:04 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Even my brother in law who currently owns the last gen TL and have been a Honda Acura man for over 20 years is laughing at the current Acura lineup. What is surprsing is that Acura's sales number have drop much, I just want to know who is buying these ugly cars with old technology.
Old 08-21-09, 12:14 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
what car do they build NEEDS a V8 ????

RL?? it only weighs 4083 lbs...doesn't need a V8 (Note BMW 5 series 4542 lbs, 7 series 4700 lbs)
Yes........my thoughts exactly.
Old 08-21-09, 12:20 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by The G Man
Even my brother in law who currently owns the last gen TL and have been a Honda Acura man for over 20 years is laughing at the current Acura lineup.
Well, to be honest, it's hard NOT to laugh at the new TL's looks, although underneath that butt-ugly skin lies an extremely well-built car.

I just want to know who is buying these ugly cars with old technology.
Except for transmission issues with some older TLs, Acuras have been extremely reliable. A number of people are repeat buyers simply from having good luck with their previous ones.
Old 08-21-09, 03:29 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

all they need to do is use direct injected turbo diesel engines and their problems with power and economy balancing would be solved.
Old 08-21-09, 04:41 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Let's see how many "things" Acura is missing:

Super car/sports car: none
V8 engine: none and never exist
RWD vehicle: none
Hybrid vehicle: none
Turbocharged vehicle: RDX
Supercharged vehicle: none
Electric vehicle: none
Diesel vehicle: none
Ultra-lightweight vehicle: none, not possible due to its SH-AWD.
6 speed or 7 speed automatic transmission: none
Dual-clutch transmission: none
DOHC engine: TSX's 4 cylinder, RDX
Roadster/convertible: none
Anything that has more than 400hp: none

What makes Acura leaders think that they even have a slight chance of standing out in the crowds? From what I can see, all Acura has left is reliability, which they are not even in the highest level. I rather drive a Honda than Acura, because at least I can save some money from Honda vehicles. What can I get from Acura that I can't from any other luxury car brands? I can't think of any.

Some automakers at least tried to do something like Infiniti and Jaguar or even Hyundai, but Acura keeps finding excuses and searching for easy routes and what is even more funnier is that they want to convince customers to believe or respect those craps.

Last edited by TwiBlueG35; 08-21-09 at 04:55 PM.
Old 08-21-09, 06:11 PM
marshmallo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Acura is putting ugly ahead of everything else.
Old 08-21-09, 06:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
Some automakers at least tried to do something like Infiniti and Jaguar or even Hyundai, but Acura keeps finding excuses and searching for easy routes and what is even more funnier is that they want to convince customers to believe or respect those craps.
Well, you also have to take into account that Acura may not be getting all the funds from the parent Honda organization that it wants, or needs. It takes money to develop new technology.....and a lot of the Honda development dollars, recently, has been going into hydrogen/fuel-cell technology, where the company, today, is ahead of every other manufacturer. The FCX is already on a lease program here in the U.S., and soon will go public for regular sale......at least in areas that can support its fuel needs.
Old 08-21-09, 06:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
What can I get from Acura that I can't from any other luxury car brands? I can't think of any.
While it's true that the RL has a goofy grille, looks like an Accord and doesn't have a V8, go check out its build quality, solid construction, interior, fit/finish, paint job, SH-AWD handling, and you will probably be more surprised than you think.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-21-09 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-21-09, 09:46 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds good. The TL isn't exactly a fuel sipper and neither is the RDX (great little SUV and I like the design but it's embarrassing when a larger Murano matches its FE w/ a V6).

I wonder what happens if Acura USA introduces the CSX to you guys lol. Would you guys freak out or actually praise it? (before I get flamed... and it has happened before... the CSX is a car sold in Canada and is based on the Civic. I did not make this up. You think this disclaimer is funny but i got flamed on an ACURA forum for talking about a car that doesn't exist with HIDs in a multi-reflector setup, which also doesn't exist in that member's mind either...)
Old 08-21-09, 09:55 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Nextourer
Sounds good. The TL isn't exactly a fuel sipper and neither is the RDX (great little SUV and I like the design but it's embarrassing when a larger Murano matches its FE w/ a V6).

I wonder what happens if Acura USA introduces the CSX to you guys lol. Would you guys freak out or actually praise it? (before I get flamed... and it has happened before... the CSX is a car sold in Canada and is based on the Civic. I did not make this up. You think this disclaimer is funny but i got flamed on an ACURA forum for talking about a car that doesn't exist with HIDs in a multi-reflector setup, which also doesn't exist in that member's mind either...)
Its not based on the Civic. It is a Civic. With a beak. We already get Euro Accords, you want to give us Canadian Civics too? No flames, we love you.

Quick Reply: Acura says it's putting fuel economy ahead of performance