Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I Can't Be Alone Here: Do you get road rage and how do I stop

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-09, 08:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERGS4
i just can't people who cant drive and talk (cell) at the same time.... straddle lanes, and making wide turns (coming into my lane)... honk at them and they get pissed at you... mostly women... damn them (people who drive this way)..
You're never going to get away from cell-phone and text-message drivers, KILLER. They are everywhere.
Old 08-21-09, 09:34 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I seem to run into bad drivers who **** me off very often. but getting road rage seems to be my biggest fault. probably should get some therapy. lol.

I will try the iphone app, and maybe some soothing music.
Old 08-21-09, 09:50 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, Mike, I know you have a low opinion of Acura, but let's be realistic. Outside of (maybe) some older slammed/customized Integras, are Acura drivers REALLY that aggressive? Yeah, some of the slammed Honda Civic ricers are (the ones with the bright pastel paint jobs, ridiculous bolt-on wings, and near-opaque windows), but most Acura drivers I've seen are pretty sensible.

The same, unfortunately, cannot be said for many Mustang V8 and (some) BMW jocks. Over the years, I've seen more kids and young adults killed in Mustangs than any other single vehicle.
I'm not talking about ricers, thats a given. I am talking about the ******** in the stock Accord, Pilot, TL, Fit etc. They are by far in my experience the worst and most aggressive drivers on the road and THINK they drive BMWs or Bentley s. Get your slow *** out the fast lane. They clog the fast lanes. They don't use signals. I have given up on cursing them out. That is MY experience. I have no issues with BMW, Mustangs, Camaro, drivers. Hell no it doesn't help my image of the brand.

However my experience with NSX and S2000 drivers is the exact opposite. They are friendly and drive like everyone else.

Old 08-21-09, 10:20 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'm not talking about ricers, thats a given. I am talking about the ******** in the stock Accord, Pilot, TL, Fit etc. They are by far in my experience the worst and most aggressive drivers on the road and THINK they drive BMWs or Bentley s. Get your slow *** out the fast lane. They clog the fast lanes. They don't use signals. I have given up on cursing them out. That is MY experience. I have no issues with BMW, Mustangs, Camaro, drivers. Hell no it doesn't help my image of the brand.

However my experience with NSX and S2000 drivers is the exact opposite. They are friendly and drive like everyone else.
I have had similar experiences. People in TLs, accords, civics just driving 80+ in a 55 or 65 zone weaving and not using signals either.
Old 08-21-09, 10:26 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I had a friend of mine get into a race with a dodge charger ad he got in front of the guy and threw a handful of change out the sunroof and showered that dudes car with nicks ,dents ,and chips. He did this because the guy wouldnt back off and kept following him
Old 08-21-09, 10:29 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

I had a friend of mine get into a race with a dodge charger ad he got in front of the guy and threw a handful of change out the sunroof and showered that dudes car with nicks ,dents ,and chips. He did this because the guy wouldnt back off and kept following him
okay, your just giving me ideas now not helping
Old 08-21-09, 10:31 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Damn the Honda hate is strong. I still dont agree that people who drive Hondas are more aggressive drivers . You can make that statement about any make or model. come on mike be reasonable
Old 08-22-09, 12:31 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i find that scion drivers are the worst. Especially the douchebags in little tCs..
Old 08-22-09, 01:09 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
i find that scion drivers are the worst. Especially the douchebags in little tCs..
I80 in NJ...I thought I was in the middle of a tC cruise...Turns out that's the new Guido car of choice out there.

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Damn the Honda hate is strong. I still don't agree that people who drive Hondas are more aggressive drivers . You can make that statement about any make or model. come on mike be reasonable
About 7 years ago I pulled a Honda kid out through his window by his hair. Screaming that "I would effin kill him". Apparently he felt a need to ride my *** in my NSX with his turbo Honda. At one point I had the car up to 140mph to get away from him. But alas, when I slowed, he was there, popping the rev limiter. Raising his hands up like "Is that all you got?" So I got out.

His eyes kinda bugged when a 6'4 angry guy got out of a lowered NSX. So I pulled him out while he screamed like the "Nancy" he was, his foot came off the clutch and the car died with a lunge forward. After he apologized while crying i let go of his multi-colored hair. He fell completely out of the car. About 20 other cars at the intersection watched this. I left and went home, drank and vowed never to get out of the car again.

I really did want to shoot that kid...I think at the time I was so angry I could have.

I'm pretty sure to this day, that kid changed his driving ways.
Old 08-22-09, 01:18 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I usually stay pretty calm. Once in a while when someone does something stupid I just call them an idiot, shake my head and then carry on. If the person is doing something dangerous and illegal, then i'll do something about it
Old 08-22-09, 01:21 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by neurocity
I80 in NJ...I thought I was in the middle of a tC cruise...Turns out that's the new Guido car of choice out there.

can you imagine all these people on the freeway?....

Old 08-22-09, 01:26 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

dam more reason for me to get a train horn hooked up to my tank...
Old 08-22-09, 01:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Damn the Honda hate is strong. I still dont agree that people who drive Hondas are more aggressive drivers . You can make that statement about any make or model. come on mike be reasonable
I'm sorry are you me? Do you ride with me everyday? Are you hiding in my trunk? Its not honda hate and stop trying to label everything. Thats my experience and clearly many others share it. Would you rather me say "Hyundai drivers" are the worst? Well they are not.

I could write a 50 volume book on how they drive and park like complete asshats. You don't like it, sue me.

If you said "BMW drivers are the worst" I am not going to call it "hate". Thats your experience and opinion.

Old 08-22-09, 01:39 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
dam more reason for me to get a train horn hooked up to my tank...
i was looking at buying a train horn.

but i don't know how to run the wires. and I don't think there's enough space in the front
Old 08-22-09, 01:56 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by neurocity

About 7 years ago I pulled a Honda kid out through his window by his hair. Screaming that "I would effin kill him". Apparently he felt a need to ride my *** in my NSX with his turbo Honda. At one point I had the car up to 140mph to get away from him. But alas, when I slowed, he was there, popping the rev limiter. Raising his hands up like "Is that all you got?" So I got out.

His eyes kinda bugged when a 6'4 angry guy got out of a lowered NSX. So I pulled him out while he screamed like the "Nancy" he was, his foot came off the clutch and the car died with a lunge forward. After he apologized while crying i let go of his multi-colored hair. He fell completely out of the car. About 20 other cars at the intersection watched this. I left and went home, drank and vowed never to get out of the car again.

I really did want to shoot that kid...I think at the time I was so angry I could have.

I'm pretty sure to this day, that kid changed his driving ways.
Great story dude. Like you I have given up hope and I just laugh it off now.

Reminds me of the time our GA Lexus group was leaving the "Tail of the Dragon" and some asshat in a 1992 or so Accord is trying to keep up, cutting us off, doing everything in his power to try to "race" us b/c he thinks 6 or 7 GSs and other LExus are racing.

It was unsafe and annoying as hell and finally CL member Mumbles got tired of it and curses him out in about 7 languages at the top of his lungs to stop his nonsense.

Reminds me of the asshat in another Accord that was riding me like an *******, I move over (I'm not even in the fast lane) and they go around me and cut me off. Then they exit. So I exit too.

Its some woman and if she's bad enough to drive like a tard, she's bad enough to get a verbal lashing. So I ask her "WTF are you doing" and thats when I look in the rear and there is a BABY in the back. At that point I forget about me and tell her "Dumbass you got a baby why are you driving like that" and she says something in ebonics that only Young Jeezy would understand and I just drive off.

I got stories for days...and pics of the asshats in the fastlane doing 50 MPH. Just like the pics I've posted of the parking habits.

Quick Reply: I Can't Be Alone Here: Do you get road rage and how do I stop