Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I Can't Be Alone Here: Do you get road rage and how do I stop

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-09, 03:37 PM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gunlaws.com
One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.
Yep, exactly as I said in my last post.
Old 08-24-09, 04:31 PM
JVT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honking at a dumba$$'s will not make a difference - SERIOUSLY!! Let it go...just be happy you are safe.

And with the tough economic times we are facing in America and around the world now, more people have less patience, and more people care less about their lives.

This is what I say to myself every time I get in the car, "I love my family a lot and my family loves me even more! There will be a$$holes/troubled drivers on the road, so if I encounter one, just chill. The driver may be going through some tough times, such as nasty divorce, laid off from work, wife took custody of kids, death in family, stressed out from work, etc...his/her mind is not all there."
Old 08-25-09, 06:45 AM
Pitman
Rookie

Personally I think NYC drivers develop road rage just by all the Ahole drivers we have, especially driving in Manhattan, and dealing with those MF cab drivers. . Speaking of, I gotta drive out there in another hour or two, I'm sure I'll be cursing up a storm at a few people.
Old 08-25-09, 11:56 AM
sphy1005
Instructor

Originally Posted by Shinobi-X
The reason the other driver gets pissed off, is because most drivers think they drive fine, while everyone else is the problem…even in cases where they blatantly cut someone off, the excuse is the person behind them was going too fast, etc. Unfortunate for everyone else, though, listening to people honk, constantly, gets annoying. I don't bother with honking, unless its a situation where a collision would result if I didn't.

Honking after the fact won't earn me an apology, it won't get me the spot back, and it usually won't make the opposing driver see the error in their ways—it does, however, have good potential to escalate a petty situation into something extremely ignorant and unsafe. As a driver, you will be cut off in traffic, and its your temperament which will determine what happens next. Most times it just better to let it go, as their actions will eventually catch up with them.

I wish horns would also sound inside of the car, though; people would actually use them when necessary, instead of a means to show discontent.
+1
I do agree that everyone thinks they're right.

Not to try to make myself sound like i'm perfect but I am very aware of the way I drive and would say I am right most of the time. But when I am at fault I do wave and feel bad, that's the difference.

I think I've only honked my horn twice the past 5 years and that's only to avoid an accident.

And yes, using the horn too much is annoying..
Old 08-25-09, 12:33 PM
Jewcano
No Sir, I Don't Like It

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Reasons for honking horn for me:
1. Morons who don't pay attention to lights and stay at a green light when it's been green more than 5+ seconds.
2. People who slowly ease into my lane while i'm in it. I've had an old lady once just ease right into my lane, and I was laying down on the horn hoping she would respond.....whats she do? She keeps easing into my lane, I had to jerk into the other lane to avoid being hit by her.

Everything else, just yell or w/e, but inside my car.
Old 08-25-09, 12:57 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The worst drivers on the road (from what I've seen personally) are drivers who are 16 to 25 years old (ESPECIALLY the teenagers, 16-19)

You get a little bit better at 21-25 depending on your background.

My worst nightmare = women in mustangs (especially the teenagers). I stay far far away from them.
Old 08-25-09, 12:57 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

When I use to live in NYC, I can just phase out other people's honk. The key is to drive a clunker and care less about your car than the other driver.
Old 08-25-09, 03:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The G Man
When I use to live in NYC, I can just phase out other people's honk. The key is to drive a clunker and care less about your car than the other driver.
An urban assault vehicle has it's advantages in city traffic.
Old 08-25-09, 03:14 PM
LexFather