Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I Can't Be Alone Here: Do you get road rage and how do I stop

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-09, 02:13 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts
Default I Can't Be Alone Here: Do you get road rage and how do I stop

Title says it all. Some jackarse in a black TSX cut me off today so freaken close that I had to honk at him...for a long time He gives me the finger and proceeds to brake suddenly for the next minute of so so try to get me to hit him. At this point, Im hella pissed off and I might have cut him off. Im over it at this point, but the guy continues to follow me home. Obviously, I didnt stop, but eventually he gave up.

It just really ticks me off when people do something and try to start something with me. Im not an angry person and I rarely get angry or show emotion face to face. Its when Im in the car that I really blow up. Must be something about being in the security of a car. Just hope I dont run into someone with a gun in the future.

How do you guys tame your own road rage. I have heard over and over again to just let it go, but when it happens, something just takes over and you cant control it.
Old 08-21-09, 02:19 PM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Do what Kevin does...with an iPhone of course.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...ols-kevin.html
Old 08-21-09, 02:19 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 350 Likes on 226 Posts

Two words: Pit Maneuver
Old 08-21-09, 02:50 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used to get really bad road rage until my fiancee nagged it out of me.

Of course when i'm alone it sometimes comes back, but for the most part, you're going to realize there are a LOT of idiots on the road and you should only get mad at the ones that almost wreck you.

selective road rage ftw.
Old 08-21-09, 04:13 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just yell a lot. I try not to let myself do dumb stuff like tailgate someone, but it's tough to let go when people endanger you and your car and act like they have a right to get pissed off at you. Verbal release is my method
Old 08-21-09, 05:21 PM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lots of little wannabe gangsters in SF...let it go, doo
Old 08-21-09, 06:18 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RXSF
Title says it all. Some jackarse in a black TSX cut me off today so freaken close that I had to honk at him...for a long time He gives me the finger and proceeds to brake suddenly for the next minute of so so try to get me to hit him. At this point, Im hella pissed off and I might have cut him off. Im over it at this point, but the guy continues to follow me home. Obviously, I didnt stop, but eventually he gave up.

It just really ticks me off when people do something and try to start something with me. Im not an angry person and I rarely get angry or show emotion face to face. Its when Im in the car that I really blow up. Must be something about being in the security of a car. Just hope I dont run into someone with a gun in the future.

How do you guys tame your own road rage. I have heard over and over again to just let it go, but when it happens, something just takes over and you cant control it.
Sadly my experience is most Acura/Honda drivers are jerks so I'm not surprised of the car cited in this example.

If you don't want to handle the consequences of using Road Rage, well think of those consequences. Relax and just laugh it off if you can. If its that serious, hell take their tag # down. There is nothing wrong with screaming at the top of your lungs every creative curseword you can think of. Maybe time to get tinted windows.

Or you can do what Kevin does.

Old 08-21-09, 06:39 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also guilty of getting horrible road rage!
Old 08-21-09, 06:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
The best way to control it is just to think, for a second, what is more important..........you losing your temper, returning evil for evil, and possibly becoming a statistic on the nightly news, or simple restraint, driving away, and probably getting home safely. Me........I'll take the latter.

Don't forget, chances are that if that other aggressive driver doesn't change HIS (or her) ways, HE could wind up a casualty on the nightly news.......while you are watching, still in one piece, and with a clean driving record.

Last edited by mmarshall; 08-21-09 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-21-09, 06:55 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Sadly my experience is most Acura/Honda drivers are jerks so I'm not surprised of the car cited in this example.
Well, Mike, I know you have a low opinion of Acura, but let's be realistic. Outside of (maybe) some older slammed/customized Integras, are Acura drivers REALLY that aggressive? Yeah, some of the slammed Honda Civic ricers are (the ones with the bright pastel paint jobs, ridiculous bolt-on wings, and near-opaque windows), but most Acura drivers I've seen are pretty sensible.

The same, unfortunately, cannot be said for many Mustang V8 and (some) BMW jocks. Over the years, I've seen more kids and young adults killed in Mustangs than any other single vehicle.
Old 08-21-09, 07:08 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I change my ipod to bob marley turn up the a/c, and just "chill". Makes any bad situation a good one
Old 08-21-09, 07:14 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As a trucker, road rage is not only present,,it's a job requirement!! LOL!!(j/k). I get instances or aggressive drivers everyday, all day, all across the country. I just have to keep myself in check, and remember that my potential actions could kill someone. I just normally get myself away from the situation, and then laugh it off. Stupid does not beget stupid.
Old 08-21-09, 07:16 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

yeah, most souped up tsx drivers are annoying little kids.

best to let em go.

but sometimes i just wanna chase them down.

screw what kevin does. I'd get a fake gun, and drive along side them, and scare them for a bit.

actually a train horn would be nice in this case.
Old 08-21-09, 08:16 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Teal Sc400
Do what Kevin does...with an iPhone of course.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/the...ols-kevin.html
Great Video...
Old 08-21-09, 08:27 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i just can't people who cant drive and talk (cell) at the same time.... straddle lanes, and making wide turns (coming into my lane)... honk at them and they get pissed at you... mostly women... damn them (people who drive this way)..

Quick Reply: I Can't Be Alone Here: Do you get road rage and how do I stop