Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jim Press to leave Chrysler

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-09, 07:32 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jim Press to leave Chrysler

According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, Jim Press will leave Chrysler by the end of the year. Press who is the current Deputy CEO stayed on after the Fiat merger as a special advisor to CEO Sergio Marchionne.

Before the merger, Press has the title of co-President alongside manufacturing veteran Tom Lasorda. Both reported to CEO Bob Nardelli. Lasorda and Nardelli left shortly after the merger was completed.

With Press gone, the fate of Chrysler rests firmly in the hands of Sergio Marchionne who has been relatively quiet so far while attempting to blend the two companies.
http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightlin...-the-year.html
Old 08-23-09, 07:40 PM
LexFather

Wow, he left Toyota being the only American on the board, to make more money/fame with Chrysler. I believe here we wished him luck but felt it was a bad/risky move.

I hope he rebounds somewhere.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ighlight=press
There he said Chrysler could be an American Benz.....

07 Exec of the year

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ighlight=press

Last edited by LexFather; 08-23-09 at 08:37 PM.

Old 08-23-09, 08:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Wow, he left Toyota being the only American on the board, to make more money/fame with Chrysler. I believe here we wished him luck but felt it was a bad/risky move.
Sounds like he wants to make money more than he does cars, and was just following a cash trail.

I hope he rebounds somewhere.
Money-chasers in the auto buisness usually do.

There he said Chrysler could be an American Benz.....
Chrysler WAS an American Benz. Together, the two companies made cars that spent more time in the shop than they did out.
Old 08-23-09, 08:47 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Deborah Wahl Meyer, Jim Press, and Jim Farley left Lexus/Toyota to the domestic brands...Both Meyer and now Press have jumped ship from Chrysler, while Farley is still at Ford. IMO Chrysler is very hard to save, and Cerberus' hiring of the ex-Home Depot CEO (now ex-Chrysler too) was less than inspired. For a while there it seemed they might be jumping ship ahead of some problems at their longtime employer, or they were chasing higher pay. Despite the industry wide decline, it seems now they were going for more money.
Old 08-23-09, 10:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

all of the chrysler co heads should be shot in a public square. I cant even believe this guy even still had a job. The other 2 morons left now its his turn. I really dont see chrysler coming back any time soon. even 10 years ago they still sucked. This is no new development