Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Refresh

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-09, 07:59 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
I disagree. In this class, only the A8 has AWD available in the entire line (easy 'cause they've got only one model), and then Mercedes offers it as an option in only one of the 4 S-class models (the S550)--the S600, S63 and S65 are RWD only. All versions of the 7 series are RWD only, as are both the standard and extended length LS460.
wrong. the LS has awd versions

and bmw 7 awd coming in a year or 2

soon i'm gonna get hyundai confused with lexus on the road.

that's bad....

take the badges off the GS, and it can be a hyundai

Last edited by dunnojack; 08-24-09 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-24-09, 08:08 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by dunnojack
wrong. the LS has awd versions

and bmw 7 awd coming in a year or 2

soon i'm gonna get hyundai confused with lexus on the road.

that's bad....

Stop while you are ahead....

Old 08-24-09, 08:10 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

take the badges off the GS, and it can be the next Genesis...
Old 08-24-09, 08:24 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

haha

they took the LS exhaust tips. shameless flagrant copycat.
if you can't beat em, copy em.

exhaust looks cheesy now that hyundai is using it.

now it's up there with other cheesy stuff like LED light strips and side vents.

Lexus should've put that exhaust tip across the whole lexus line in 2007 to stop people from biting.
Yeah the Genesis and Equus has the LS tips, making it more common on the Hyundai than Lexus will hurt Lexus (some people might think Lexus copy Hyundai if more Hyundai's have this feature)... I think the new grill will look a lot closer to the Equus with the bolder center vertical line.. I also think they need to put Genesis Badge on front and back (no Hyundai Badge). I think this will help with it's image, no "H" anywhere on the car, get people confused. "This is not Hyundai, it's a Genesis/Equus"...
Old 08-24-09, 08:36 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The Genesis’ current V6 and V8 offerings will remain in the lineup, but a supercharged version of Hyundai’s 4.6L Tau V8 will likely be added. Expect the supercharged model to produce in excess of 400 horsepower. [/B]
my guess is actually...
"Planted into the engine bay is the new 5.0-litre Tau V8 engine worth over 400hp"
already coming for Equus..
http://www.worldcarfans.com/10908112...h-50l-v8-spied
but if this car was meant to compete with future GS-F, M5, and E63, it really needs over 500hp... (besides it already has 375hp) this over 400hp is BS or loosely put...
Old 08-25-09, 08:29 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Hmm, MB front end, BMW rear, GS side view and LS exhaust. What a bargain, at thousands less, you can get the best of all those cars and not have to decide between them
Old 08-25-09, 08:35 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

If I bought a Genesis in the 1st model year, I'd be upset that they already have a refresh that makes my new car look a little dated already.
Old 08-25-09, 12:08 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

a little off topic - the lexus dealership that i bought my GS and RX from will be renovating. they will be combining lexus AND hyundai under one roof (i believe that's what they told me). don't want a lexus? here's a hyundai just around the corner (literally).
Old 08-25-09, 12:13 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
a little off topic - the lexus dealership that i bought my GS and RX from will be renovating. they will be combining lexus AND hyundai under one roof (i believe that's what they told me). don't want a lexus? here's a hyundai just around the corner (literally).
Lol, thats a good one, Lexus and Hyundai under one roof. I can see it now, the top floor is the Lexus showroom with air condiioning, flat screen TV and a health spa. The basement is the Hyundai showroom with water fountains, vending machines and a couple of celing fans
Old 08-25-09, 12:30 PM
syzygy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It boggles my mind that at the pace/rate Hyundai and Acura are going Hyundai will be "tier 1" way before Acura reaches that level.

Hyundai is delivering quality products.

The genesis coupe looks pretty nice also and is relatively rare on the road.
Old 08-25-09, 12:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by The G Man
Hmm, MB front end, BMW rear, GS side view and LS exhaust. What a bargain, at thousands less, you can get the best of all those cars and not have to decide between them
lol....made me chuckle

Originally Posted by Stormforge
lol wut?????

Originally Posted by carLx
It boggles my mind that at the pace/rate Hyundai and Acura are going Hyundai will be "tier 1" way before Acura reaches that level.

Hyundai is delivering quality products.

The genesis coupe looks pretty nice also and is relatively rare on the road.
While Hyundai lacks the image, as far as I am concerned the Genesis > any sedan Acura has made. Acura is nothing more than Hondaplus for Civic owners to move up to.

Hyundai is actully competing head on with luxury brands here!

Old 08-25-09, 12:50 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

In my opinion, the Genesis's design needs to be refresh. Other car manfacutuers have already made changes to their designs and Hyundai is falling behind in copying them
Old 08-25-09, 12:54 PM
LexFather

Everyone copies....no one is immune to it.

Old 08-25-09, 01:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by geko29
I disagree. In this class, only the A8 has AWD available in the entire line (easy 'cause they've got only one model), and then Mercedes offers it as an option in only one of the 4 S-class models (the S550)--the S600, S63 and S65 are RWD only. All versions of the 7 series are
RWD only, as are both the standard and extended length LS460.
Well, in my part of the country (even though we generally don't get really severe winters here, compared to places farther north and west), AWD luxury cars, even non-Audi ones, sell pretty well. You see a lot of Mercedes 4-Matics, BMW AWD xi 3 and 5-series models, and, though I don't have specific sales numbers, the Lexus IS and GS AWD models, locally, seem to be outselling their RWD brothers. The IS250AWD, in particular, seems to be a strong seller. I have no doubt that an AWD Genesis would sell if it were offered (Heck, I'd consider one myself if I could get it under 40K.....my personal $$$$ limit for a new car).
Old 08-25-09, 01:19 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

There is more advantage to an AWD saden than just driving in the snow. Isnt there a lot od ice and sleet stroms in VA?

Quick Reply: 2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Refresh