Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2011 Hyundai Genesis Sedan Refresh

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-09, 08:13 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by joe80

anyway, hyundai bashing in the states will die within the next 3-4 years.
If people had any sense, it would have stopped several years ago.
Old 08-30-09, 02:49 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I know many of these haters of the Genesis will be eating their words in a few years like the people who labled the first LS as a Mercedes copy and a joke. Now they dominate the luxury market and have been in existence only a small fraction of the time Mercedes or BMW have been around
Old 08-30-09, 08:27 PM
KILLERGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ecr527
A supercharged V8 in a Hyundai?? It seems that they're targeting more than just Lexus, MB, etc. It looks like they're taking aim at the likes of AMG, M's and Audi's S's.
the supercharged V8 better bring 500+ HP to play with these boys (AMG, M, S/RS, and F) and aggressive bodykit ... if they are projecting (little over) 400 HP, that won't cut it...

Last edited by KILLERGS4; 08-30-09 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-30-09, 09:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I hope Lexus takes note of ll of this
Old 09-17-09, 07:42 PM
PINGGOLF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everybody...PINGGOLF a moderator from genesisowners.com.

Yes, I did just by a RX400h, so thats the reason I'm hanging out over here too!

Anywho...The Gen. WOW what a machine!

You can check out my story at genesisowners.com but Ill do a quick summary for you.

After a months worth of test driving I narrowed it down to the ES350. LOVED the LS460 but way over priced for us...you'll find out why.

I was sitting at a desk at Lexus of Huntsville patiently waiting for the salesman to come back with with my final figure on a brand new ES350...when I got a call from the manager at Hyundai of Decatur.

He begged me to come check out his Genesis that was coming up from Birmingham in about an hour. I told him what I was in the process of doing and he went ballistic. So, feeling sorry for him, I agreed to come check it out.

I arrived as soon as the 18-wheeler did. The car came off the truck, we hopped in, went for a ride (protective plastic still all over the car), came back to the dealership and I purchased the car. Silver/Black 4.6L with Tech package. Fully loaded...even the trunk tray.

FYI, I am a TOYOTA guy to the core.

87 Toyota P/U 22R
89 Camry (256K miles and my dad drives it daily)
91 Camry (dead)
00 Tundra supercharged
02 4Runner supercharged
05 Camry 5-speed
Then the GEN and the RX.

I love Toyota/LEXUS but the Genesis beat the competition hands down for me. PRICE, PERFORMANCE, LUXURY, SAFETY, PRICE, WARRANTY, PRICE.

I think Hyundai nailed it with this car. YES, they have a ways to go with the customer service side, but I did not want to spend another $10K -$20 for some free cokes, Little Debbie snacks, and a smokin hot chick at the service counter.

Resale value was not even in my thought process...why would it be if we can afford to spend this kind of money on a car??

I TOO was one of those who laughed and mocked Hyundai...at first. But now, I giggle evertime I see the BIG 3 LUXO's in my rear view checking out my 2009 North American Car of the Year tag cover.

Anywho, I have some videos on youtube. Search for ROCKETBUILDER and most of my videos will pull up.

No...I am not a troll trying to stir the pot. They give us enough headaches over at our site.

For what its worth, just know that if the Genesis didnt arrive, I would be happily driving my ES350!

Matt