Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hyundai Ad - Cash for Clunkers

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-09, 10:11 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Hyundai Ad - Cash for Clunkers

I'm not personally a fan of Hyundai, but they are impressing me with their marketing. They come up with things like, 'lose your job and return your car without any hassle", and "we'll make your payments", and others that seems to be a refressingly innovate way to get people into their cars.

I expect to see an ad in the coming days/weeks that is something to the effect the Hyundai will "personally extend the Cash for Clunkers" campaign by giving rebates of $4500 on any trade that met the CARS program.

Anyone agree?
Old 08-26-09, 11:31 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a possible idea.

I don't know if dealer's have that type of money to lose; I mean, if you get an Elantra or Sonata, that's like taking off 20-25% off the sticker price.

If they can afford pulling off a feat like that, then that's good for them...
Old 08-26-09, 11:52 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Sure, it can be done. A lot of car companies have end of the year rebates thats around $4000 to $5000. Why not a cash for clunker program.
Old 08-26-09, 11:54 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DDLexus
I'm not personally a fan of Hyundai, but they are impressing me with their marketing. They come up with things like, 'lose your job and return your car without any hassle", and "we'll make your payments", and others that seems to be a refressingly innovate way to get people into their cars.

I expect to see an ad in the coming days/weeks that is something to the effect the Hyundai will "personally extend the Cash for Clunkers" campaign by giving rebates of $4500 on any trade that met the CARS program.

Anyone agree?
Thats a pretty clever idea...Hyundai does think outside the box with marketing and incentives as of late.

I'm waiting for the "bring 4 cute girls to a Hyundai dealer and get a Genesis 20 grand" incentive.

Old 08-26-09, 01:11 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Thats a pretty clever idea...Hyundai does think outside the box with marketing and incentives as of late.

I'm waiting for the "bring 4 cute girls to a Hyundai dealer and get a Genesis 20 grand" incentive.
dang mike, then theyd be paying you to take a genesis at the rate of 4 cuties per $20k.