Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jeremy Clarkson speaks out against female hosts for Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-09, 03:24 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
OK.....maybe you have a point. I don't watch the show much, but I do read Clarkson's Top Gear reviews.
You should. The show is hilarious and very un-PC. Clarkson goes to great lengths to make fun of idiot politicians, enviroinmentalists, feminists, ugly people, Morris Marina owners, and he even called the British PM a c word and an one-eyed scottish idiot. He later appologized for the one-eyes and scottish references, as he said they might be offensive to disabled peope and scottish people, but still insisted that the PM is an idiot.

It takes ***** to do that
Old 08-31-09, 03:29 PM
DustinV
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look! He said something that caught the attention of the media - again.

Honestly, Clarkson bores me. Now more than ever he is striking me as an "attention *****".
Old 08-31-09, 03:35 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Theres a huge thread going on the Top Gear forums with TG demotivators. I thought I'd post a few.

Old 09-05-09, 08:26 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i once saw a broadway play called "defending the caveman", a one man show about how in a modern world of feminists, and guys having to show their 'softer side', that guys are often abandoning their true male nature and that no matter what anyone says, there are fundamental differences in behavior between men and women. overall, i think that's true (not saying one is better than the other!).

anyway, in this funny play he talks about how men and women greet one another. a man will greet a male friend with a smile saying "hey a$$hole how are ya!" a woman will greet a female friend with a smile saying "ooh i love that outfit and your hair!" INSULTS vs. COMPLIMENTS. lol sure we all know exceptions to this, and Emerald, don't flame me, it's just an observation by someone that is sometimes but not always true.

anyway, i mention this because on top gear, they flame each other constantly, with jeremy commenting on hammond's height, james may being captain slow, etc.

as has been said you'd have to have a very thick-skinned female host who, to quote what someone said about margaret thatcher, has (metaphorically!) ***** of steel.

LoL!! uh....you're correct, it IS true I think people mistake me for the Feminist type because I love to work on cars n stuff. The problem with most of those types is that they want to be like men or sumthin.

Cars are a guy thing....but some girls like to play with them as well...cool.

however, dont expect all guys to want (or like) you doing "their thing". Thats just the way things are and always have been. no biggie to me.

kinda reminds me of female boxers who want to fight male boxers for sum crazy reason....retarded.

also, Ive been advised to "keep my mouth shut" about TopGear and its affiliates.
Old 09-05-09, 12:30 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

thanks for response Emerald!

Originally Posted by Emerald
also, Ive been advised to "keep my mouth shut" about TopGear and its affiliates.
is that because you might get a chance to be on a U.S. version? that would be great!
Old 09-05-09, 01:33 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

i think that the automotive world will always belong to the male species, but that's just my opinion. females are just not that into cars
Old 09-05-09, 06:50 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For regular car review shows, females would be fine. But with the macho, tire smoking, crudeness of top gear, I don't think a woman would fit in well. Jezza, hamster and capt. slow have that chemistry that makes the show great. They insult and harass each other but they all seem like the best of friends...stunted as man-childs.
Old 09-05-09, 06:59 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by metalgear
i think that the automotive world will always belong to the male species, but that's just my opinion. females are just not that into cars

Tell that to Danica Patrick and Denise McCluggage. And to Jean Jennings of AUTOMOBILE magazine. And to the girls on Motorweek who do the weekly auto-industry news.
Old 09-05-09, 07:04 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jetfire
For regular car review shows, females would be fine. But with the macho, tire smoking, crudeness of top gear, I don't think a woman would fit in well.
Danica Patrick, an young Indy racing driver in her early 20's, could probably drive circles around Clarkson in any machine he would want to name. She would make him look like Granny.

(She recently finished second at Indianapolis....IMO, quite an accomplishment).

Denise McCluggage, another noted female racing driver, could also probably outdrive Clarkson, even up in years as she is now. She still does a regular automotive column called "Drive, She Said".

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-05-09 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-05-09, 10:12 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

LoL Danica Patrick could not last a day on the Top Gear set. Her skin is as thick as paper.

I am not trying to be sexist or anything, but it makes no sense to throw a woman in the middle of a show just because......
Old 09-06-09, 02:17 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AD_SC3
LoL Danica Patrick could not last a day on the Top Gear set. Her skin is as thick as paper.
I disagree. She doesn't put up wth any crap. She would have a field day with some of Clarkson's comments....he would learn a healthy respect for female drivers like her.

I am not trying to be sexist or anything, but it makes no sense to throw a woman in the middle of a show just because......
And, on the other hand, I'm not trying to force women onto the show either, but if Clarkson is going to say some of the things he says about women, they should be given the chance to prove him wrong.

But, in the end, it really doesn't matter that much to me either way....as I said in an earlier post, I don't watch the show that much anyway. I do my own writing.
Old 09-06-09, 02:45 PM
Danimal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think it would be so lame to toss some random tarted up chick into the mix. They have done stupid **** like this on the speed channel in the states and it always seems so lame and contrived
I think I agree with this. Women are usually put in these shows as eye candy; which I find annoying. If I want to watch a show about cars, I want to watch cars. That's enough to make my pants fit funny. If the woman fit in well with the guys, well then why not?

I don't remember if it's 5th Gear, but one of those English car shows has a woman host along with the rest, and she fits in fine from what I remember!s

Last edited by Danimal; 09-06-09 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Spelling > Me.
Old 09-06-09, 03:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Denise McCluggage, another noted female racing driver, could also probably outdrive Clarkson, even up in years as she is now. She still does a regular automotive column called "Drive, She Said".
rofl, i don't think so, she's 82.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0565947/
Old 09-06-09, 04:43 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

I wonder how long Clarkson would last if he joined this forum before he got baned
Old 09-06-09, 05:23 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
rofl, i don't think so, she's 82.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0565947/
So old people can't drive? Tell that to Carrol Shelby....he's older than that.
And Denise was a racing driver, just like him.

http://www.saac-mcr.com/cs/legend.htm

Quick Reply: Jeremy Clarkson speaks out against female hosts for Top Gear