Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Jeremy Clarkson speaks out against female hosts for Top Gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-09, 07:06 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Danica Patrick, an young Indy racing driver in her early 20's, could probably drive circles around Clarkson in any machine he would want to name. She would make him look like Granny.

(She recently finished second at Indianapolis....IMO, quite an accomplishment).

Denise McCluggage, another noted female racing driver, could also probably outdrive Clarkson, even up in years as she is now. She still does a regular automotive column called "Drive, She Said".

If you watched Top gear more, it's like watching the Man Show but with cars. The show isn't about hitting the apex perfectly or the perfect downshift. it's about destroying caravans and dropping pianos on morris marinas.

Kinda like watching WWF/WWE. You don't watch it for sport of wrestling, you watch it as entertainment. You don't watch top gear for car reviews, you watch it for the stupid humour.

I would take what clarkson says with a grain of salt, the guy just talks smack about everything.
Old 09-06-09, 09:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

he is very biased, but it doesnt stop the show from being one of the most entertaining I have ever seen
Old 09-06-09, 10:58 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,405 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetfire
If you watched Top gear more, it's like watching the Man Show but with cars. The show isn't about hitting the apex perfectly or the perfect downshift. it's about destroying caravans and dropping pianos on morris marinas.

Kinda like watching WWF/WWE. You don't watch it for sport of wrestling, you watch it as entertainment. You don't watch top gear for car reviews, you watch it for the stupid humour.

I would take what clarkson says with a grain of salt, the guy just talks smack about everything.
great post. top gear is the monty python of car shows.
Old 09-07-09, 03:23 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
great post. top gear is the monty python of car shows.
It is entertainment, it works, they have novel competitions and the 3 different personalities work.

Old 09-08-09, 06:46 PM
mkesc400
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

top gears great the way it is. Jeremy's right, a woman thrown into it would completely change it.