Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Honda Announces Pricing for All-new 2010 Accord Crosstour

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-09, 12:53 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 742 Likes on 512 Posts

Have to check that out when I get back home
Old 09-02-09, 12:56 PM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol. ZDX & Crosstourer - Cars for the blind!
Old 09-02-09, 01:42 PM
LexFather

Peter Trevino I guess there was space next to the Aztec atop the ugly tree afterall.
32 seconds ago · Report
Greg Puhler
Greg Puhler Honda, why didn't you just bring us the JDM Odyssey or Stream? Those two i'd consider, not this silly thing!
about a minute ago · Report
Skyler Williams
Skyler Williams Looks like the Panamera and the Venza tag-teamed a Japanese hooker, and this thing popped out.
Paul McGinley
Paul McGinley
One last thing before I quit as I don't want to keep piling on: for your own sake shut down this facebook page social networking is NOT your friend with this kind of tide moving against it. This car has gone viral in the opposite direction you ...want it to go.

Bring us the euro wagon WITH A DIESEL!Read More
3 minutes ago · Report
Erik Ruggels
Erik Ruggels
Dear God, not even GM could have designed an uglier bastard child of the Venza and A5 Sportback. Seriously, Honda, look at your sales, look at your declining market share, look at the laughing stock Acura has been the last half decade running (no on...e, but no one in the luxury field managed those consistent double digit declines month after month, year after year, pre carpocolypse). Nickel and Diming Americans while giving us designs even uglier than the Aztec isn’t going to help anyone out.

Oh a high note, you’re certainly helping increase those VW, Hyundai and Kia sales that keep wowing all of us with their unwavering growth. Keep building ugly cars, it helps customers previously resolute in their allegiance to Honda explore green pastures.

Ooooo... if you do decide to be proactive, just look at the S2000, it's the last attractive, appealing, unquestionably segment leading car you designed, and we'll all miss it when you pull the plug.Read More
4 minutes ago · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · Report
Joshua Brewer
Joshua Brewer
You mean "pulled" the plug. Production ended August 7th: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/01/r...mp-to-the-end/
Danger Ranger
Danger Ranger
I don't get this whole "crossover" fad. An actual wagon would be more practical and much better looking IMO. Can someone from Honda explain how this is better than a wagon body style? And remember that you can put awd and extra grou...nd clearance on a wagon if needed (Just ask Subaru).

And this is coming from a pleased former Honda driver (CB7 Accord)Read More
4 minutes ago · Report
Ahmer Khan
Ahmer Khan Gee thanks Honda. Glad to know that you're trying to make the world more ugly one car at a time. I'm definitely not a fan.
4 minutes ago · Report
Hector David Castro
Hector David Castro Seriously Honda just drop it. Don't waste the time with it rather keep working on hydrogen vehicles.
5 minutes ago · Report
Brian Reid
Brian Reid I'm not a fan of this car...but I can't wait to keep reading this Facebook hack-job/PR disaster. I[ve purchased 5 new Hondas over the past decade, and if this is a sign of things to come, I'll be looking elsewhere for my next new set of wheels.
5 minutes ago · Report
Christopher Tuff
Christopher Tuff That's a station wagon?... WOW you guys are getting burned!
5 minutes ago · Report
Robert Van Gool
Robert Van Gool Out of all the posts I read, only 5 are positive. What does that tell you Honda?
5 minutes ago · Report
Patrick Voet
Patrick Voet It does look petty from far (but it's far from pretty)
6 minutes ago · Report
Jonathan Montemayor
Jonathan Montemayor Sorry, Honda. I'd much rather have a proper station wagon.

Old 09-02-09, 01:45 PM
LexFather

I am actually shocked so the reaction is completely one way here. This is FB not a car forum....wow..
And now its spreading
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/02/o...ith-early-neg/

nastinupe 3:39PM (9/02/2009)

I never new that a car company could change my stance on abortion.

http://digg.com/business_finance/New...ilarity_ensues

Fred Dollen I'm driving my 8th Honda - thus a big fan. The Crosstour is nothing that I'd consider. It's too big and ugly. Give us the Euro Accord wagon please!
40 seconds ago · Report
David Knepprath
David Knepprath I actually feel bad for the tech-sauvy forward thinking guy who fought for the idea to post this on Facebook with the bigwigs at some stuffy board meeting. He must be getting THRASHED right about now.
46 seconds ago · Report
Thomas DeFresart
Thomas DeFresart Honda Reveals its 2010 Accord Crosstour’s Controversial Styling
http://acceltimes.com/news/9/honda-r...-crosstour.php
52 seconds ago · Report
Cameron Huntsucker
Cameron Huntsucker
Why oh WHY not simply give us the Accord Tourer? It was ready to go, just like our 1st-gen TSX was ready to go. Instead, spend quite a bit of money developing a North-america-specific COPYCAT "crossover" that will only snag a couple buyers ...away from Venza and cannibalize its own CRV/Pilot sales? Has Honda never heard of "Economy of Scale"?
I used to be a #1 fan of Honda. I've had 2 CRX's, 2 90's Accords, and Integra. Once Honda decided to develop "americanized" models they went right down the tubes.
I'll stick with my Mazda3, Volvo V70 and S-10.Read More
Jimmy Wijaya
Jimmy Wijaya
I used to be a Honda fanatic. I loved pretty much the entire 84-05 Honda-Acura lineup. I used to dislike Toyotas. Now if I were to choose between the Crosstour and the Venza, I would pick the Venza with its proper proportions, good looking, elegan...t styling. The Crosstour is almost as ugly as the Pontiac Aztek. Enough said. Goodbye Honda.Read More
Omar Ibrahim
Omar Ibrahim Real talk, this **** is just plain ugly, Honda/Acura have been putting out some rather questionable looking vehicles lately but this concoction takes the cake. I wonder how many units will be moved....maybe enough to can this thing. The Venza looks 100x better than this "competitor".
David Burban
David Burban Way to go Honda for making the 21st century equivalent to the Aztec.
John Wilk
John Wilk
I only became a fan so I could say that heads should fly for wasting soo much money in a bad economy developing such eye poison. This IS AWFUL !!! Honda should SHOULD be ASHAMED to actually put this into production. It looks worse than a Sebring h...atchback, and that would be FUGLY! Go back, and bring us a new CRX, that what the people want!

NOW go back to work!!!Read More
Johnny Edwards
Johnny Edwards Honda sucks. I'm officially a Nissan Fanboy starting today.
2 minutes ago · Report
Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Looks like a 4 door Chrysler Crossfire... a combination that's about as nice to look at as a Pontiac Aztek. Think I'll be sticking with my '07 Element SC and my '94 Miata
2 minutes ago · Report
Oz Vargas
Oz Vargas ugly....thats the only word that fits this big pile of junk......GO HYUNDAI
3 minutes ago · Report
Ben Miller
Ben Miller I actually don't think it's all that bad. It's a hatchback version of the sedan, essentially -- and while the front graphics are odd I would want to make sure these aren't unflattering photos.
3 minutes ago · Report
Tim Rodgers
Tim Rodgers Wondering how many people have lost their jobs today over this...
3 minutes ago · Report
Travis Yo
Travis Yo It's up on Digg...
http://digg.com/d312uxQ
3 minutes ago · Report
Joseph Chuan
Joseph Chuan
Honda, you just "Crosstoured" into the ugly zone...come on guys, this car is just plain awful to look at and its front vs. rear proportions just look way out of whack. This is a tremendous letdown! A conventional wagon with great handling ...and AWD would be the ticket.

Honda you are now officially the GM of Japan...out of touch with what your customers want - epic, epic, epic fail!Read More
5 minutes ago · Report
Charles Webb
Charles Webb
FAIL. why try and be everything (hatchback, crossover, wagon, sedan) and epically fail at all of them. If you had just made it a family wagon like we have been lusting over forevers(like the JDM version), you would have had a lot of happy customers a...nd a few people who go 'meh.' instead, you give us this b4star3d child. Bad, honda, BAD! I would rub your nose in your mess, but i'm afraid of getting this stink all over the rest of the models.Read More
5 minutes ago · Report
Brad Johnson
Brad Johnson
I think the design team ...went on a bender one night, had waaay too much sake then snuck back into the studio at 3 AM and drunkenly pawed at the CAD drawings until this thing was born. They should have woken up the next morning with hazy memories of... their past glory (CRX, Civic Si 3 door, S2000), killed this beast then realized that they SHOULDN'T be making appliances like Toyota. Going out for a hair-of-the-dog breakfast with Mazda and Nissan designers/engineers would have put them back on track... Good thing those two companies are still spicing their lines up with some solid design and a heavy splash of enthusiasm.Read More
7 minutes ago · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · Report
Robert Van Gool likes this.
Adam Bush
Adam Bush I really wish Facebook had a "thumbs down" feature for this...
8 minutes ago · Report
Ryan Lee
Ryan Lee
Another blunder by Honda. What has got into your design philosophy these days? Geez. Just look at that thing. What made you think that THAT hideous vehicle will sell? Wasn't Aztec supposed to be a lesson to the whole automotive industry? This wh...ole crossover madness has just got so insane. That rear end will always make me sick if i actually ever see one on the road. It is so amazing that you guys actually paid the designers who are responsible for this vehicle. This is definitely not the vehicle what public has hoped for. PLEASE bring back S2000 and NSX.Read More
8 minutes ago · Report
Jacob Stair
Jacob Stair Honda, you would do best to have a harsh discussion with both the person who designed that front end and the person who gave it a passing grade. It's as if you're trying to out-do the ugliness of the new Ford Fusion, which is a contest you shouldn't want to win.
9 minutes ago · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · Report
Patrick Voet likes this.
Brad Johnson
Brad Johnson
This car wouldn't be too bad if the lines were a bit more coherent, they picked a new ***/nose/side profile for it, and asked someone with talent to design it for them. On one hand I want to give an A for effort but... F.

I think the design team ...went on a bender one night, had waaay too much sake then snuck back into the studio at 3 AM and drunkenly pawed at the CAD drawings until this thing was born. They should have woken up the next morning with hazy memories of their past glory (CRX, Civic Si 3 door, S2000), killed this beast then realized that they SHOULDN'T be making appliances like Toyota. Going out for a hair-of-the-dog breakfast with Mazda and Nissan designers/engineers would have put them back on track... Good thing those two companies are still spicing their lines up with some solid design and a heavy splash of enthusiasm.Read More
10 minutes ago · Report
David Silva
David Silva CROSSFAIL.
10 minutes ago · View Feedback (4)Hide Feedback (4) · Report
3 people like this.
Patrick Voet
Patrick Voet
LOL
4 minutes ago · Report
Ryan Hunter
Ryan Hunter
Rule #1 of Web 2.0: Know SOMETHING about Web 2.0
Rule #2 of Web 2.0: You must stay on top of new projects like facebook fans on a bad product page. Web 2.0 can be like a wildfire, turn your back for a second and all hell breaks loose.

I'll work... for a fraction of what the person who set up this page gets paid! Guess a communications degree is worth something after all.Read More
11 minutes ago · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · Report
Susan Cooper likes this.
Nick Bean
Nick Bean It'll be interesting to see if the launch proceeds accord(ing) to plan. I believe "ungainly" is the best that can be said of its looks and proportions, so I'm with the others that call for a straightforward Accord wagon instead.
12 minutes ago · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · Report
Nick Bean
Nick Bean
oh, and don't forget to visit your own Facebook page to remove the "Fan of" notice if "Fan" doesn't exactly describe your take on the Crosstour.
4 minutes ago · Report
Josh Bers
Josh Bers
I drive a 2001 S2000...before that i've had a 98 and a 99 Integra. Honda's recent product line up has become an absolute joke. What happened to the Honda that made cars for people who love to drive??? All I see now is dumbed down soccer mom...-mobiles used only to run kids to school or pick up groceries.
It looks like when I look for my next car i'm going to have to look elsewhere because i don't wanna be seen driving any of the new Honda offerings.Read More
12 minutes ago · Report
Michael Ugarte
Michael Ugarte
13 minutes ago · View Feedback (1)Hide Feedback (1) · Report
Chris Bladek likes this.
Rohan K
Rohan K LOL. Way to fail Honda.
Susan Cooper likes this.
Rick Boyett
Rick Boyett A long lost cousin?
Susan Cooper likes this.
Derrick Ward
Derrick Ward
これは日本の文化に恥ずかしされます。
Really, you have to admit you have created one of the all time worst looking cars! I've always wondered why car makers are flocking to these crossovers. The only people that buy them are the 50 and up crowd. Maybe that'...s why it's so ugly, honda figures that most of these people will have vision problems by now so design no longer matters.

In america we always here about all the great design work done for Japanese domestic products, why don't you bring some of that over here?! This thing looks like it was designed by a committee of market analysts, the only thing worse is GM cars designed by accountants!Read More
14 minutes ago · Report
Michael Ugarte
Michael Ugarte This is a real car
14 minutes ago · View Feedback (4)Hide Feedback (4) · Report
4 people like this.
Sunny Hunt
Sunny Hunt Um, why not drop a V6 into the seriously underpowered CR-V? Would have saved you the boatload of cash and resources needed to develop this FUGLY monstrosity.

Old 09-02-09, 02:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,396 Likes on 1,570 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
This is going to be my next vehicle. I don't care how much it costs.

All I need to do is put on some smaller wheels and raise it up about an inch, and it'll be perfect!
Originally Posted by pvmike1
lol!

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Originally Posted by PAULGS430
lol. ZDX & Crosstourer - Cars for the blind!
hilarious thread. thanks for the laughs guys.

honda - we make cars Stevie Wonder likes.
Old 09-02-09, 03:41 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And 50 knows best.
Old 09-02-09, 09:28 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know what is worse- Honda designers as of late, the Ugg boot-inspired Prius or the Asstek...
Old 09-02-09, 11:15 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

damn I think Honad is high with this car and the Acura ZDX. WO these guys really need to shoot the people in their styling departments.

By the way who the hell said we need more crossovers. The Venza would kick this things ***.
Old 09-02-09, 11:37 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like I *have* to post this, a quote from another forum. I think it fits the pictures quite well:

Holy crap, the Accord ate the Pilot! Om nom nom.

Old 09-03-09, 12:56 PM
LexFather

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/03/h...facebook-page/

Old 09-03-09, 02:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Hey to their credit they have blind people buying these things. Why would they change?
If Ford or GM tried to sell things like this, they would be laughed on the planet and been bought by Bolivia.

Well, Ford did sell the Freestyle/Taurus X for several years, though it was a somewhat more squarish, two-box design. It has been dropped, of course, with the new 2010 Taurus.

As far as "blind" people buying the CrossTour, let's wait, as with the ZDX, and see how it actually does in the U.S. (and if Stevie Wonder buys one ) The similiar BMW X6, of course, did not sell, but I think that was more because of its high price than its looks. But almost all of the smaller Hondas, and virtually anything that is Civic or Accord-based (with the exception of the ill-fated, 2-seater, Del Sol and, so far, the new Insight) seems to do well in the U.S. If and when Honda releases the Crosstour here in the American market, I plan to review one, as I did the Toyota Venza, simply because it will be a Subaru Competitor.
Old 09-03-09, 02:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy

Pretty good-sized USB port in that grille, wouldn't you say?
Old 09-03-09, 02:27 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
damn I think Honad is high with this car and the Acura ZDX. WO these guys really need to shoot the people in their styling departments.

By the way who the hell said we need more crossovers. The Venza would kick this things ***.
After driving the Venza, I think it's 98% of the car from Lexus, the RX. It would eat the Honda products for lunch !
Old 09-03-09, 02:31 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 742 Likes on 512 Posts

Originally Posted by tromly
After driving the Venza, I think it's 98% of the car from Lexus, the RX. It would eat the Honda products for lunch !
Agreed. My boss has one and it's just a fantastic car. I'm still lukewarm about the exterior but I've warmed up to it after seeing the Crosstour
Old 09-03-09, 02:46 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This looks like a bad Crossfire... and the Crossfire was bad enough... darn you Honda... what happened?????

Quick Reply: Honda Announces Pricing for All-new 2010 Accord Crosstour