Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Politician who cracked down on speeding arrested for killing biker in road rage incid

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-09, 01:19 AM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Self defence is self defence. If the idiot on the bike initiated the assault, he got what he deserved.
How does a guy on a bike assault the guy in the car? Say mean things? Balance on the bike while throwing punches?
Old 09-02-09, 04:43 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by werewolf
How does a guy on a bike assault the guy in the car? Say mean things? Balance on the bike while throwing punches?
It was a convertible car, he could've grabbed onto the car, the driver, the steering wheel and yes, start throwing punches.
Old 09-02-09, 04:53 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Unfortunately, because of our weak *** sentencing guidelines, his punishment will be nowhere even remotely close to fitting the crime.
Our countries' judicial systems are unfortunately starting to parallel when it comes to punishment
Old 09-02-09, 05:10 AM
El Toro
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find it interesting that the biker grabbed the door and did not let go. At what point do you decide that you do not want someone to drag you to your death?
Old 09-02-09, 05:36 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

I did not see any assault committed by the biker, SD is not applicable in this case. He was holding on the door yes but sounds like to be a nuisance more than anything. Sounds like manslaughter to me
Old 09-02-09, 07:42 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Regardless a full investigation will result. And after that is completed a few things are pretty sure to happen, including one person being dead, and another person spending some amount of time in jail. Tragic outcome for both parties.
Old 09-02-09, 09:15 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by El Toro
I find it interesting that the biker grabbed the door and did not let go. At what point do you decide that you do not want someone to drag you to your death?
Its unlikely either person was doing much thinking in the moment. However, the biker was certainly caught between a rock and a hard place; holding on was probably his natural reaction, since letting go was likely to leave him tumbling about and just as injured, especially since he couldn't anticipate what would happen next.

Regardless, the irony of this situation speaks for itself.
Old 09-02-09, 02:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Regardless a full investigation will result.
Exactly. As it should be.

And after that is completed a few things are pretty sure to happen, including one person being dead, and another person spending some amount of time in jail. Tragic outcome for both parties.
Let's not put the cart before the horse, though, and start tossing stones too early........that is the same mistake that some of the early posters made. The investigation itself, which will probably include things we don't know simply from the article, will help determine who is at fault and if the driver will serve any time of not. As a former Attorney General, though, and someone for whom law enforcement was a daily job, I'm sure the driver was not ignorant of the laws on this matter himself, either.
Old 09-02-09, 03:02 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Exactly. As it should be.

Let's not put the cart before the horse, though, and start tossing stones too early........that is the same mistake that some of the early posters made. The investigation itself, which will probably include things we don't know simply from the article, will help determine who is at fault and if the driver will serve any time of not. As a former Attorney General, though, and someone for whom law enforcement was a daily job, I'm sure the driver was not ignorant of the laws on this matter himself, either.
Agreed, putting cart before horse should not be how justice is served. This is a tragedy that will harm both parties terribly, there's no going back. There will be no winners in this case. To avoid jail time will require a conviction of no greater than involuntary manslaughter, good luck with that but it's certainly worth a try. Frankly this is just CHIT CHAT forum stuff so I really don't mind if people give their 2 cents, it's virtually meaningless.
Old 09-02-09, 04:52 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

The politician had the right. I mean if your driving around and you hit someone and then they jump and hang onto your car your going to try to knock them off because you have no idea what the hell they are going to do.
Old 09-02-09, 07:26 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lamar411
The politician had the right. I mean if your driving around and you hit someone and then they jump and hang onto your car your going to try to knock them off because you have no idea what the hell they are going to do.
This is the most retarded comment I have heard in a long time on here.
Old 09-02-09, 11:24 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

They should that POS hypocrite under the jail. I cant believe he did that. Why not just stop the car??
Old 09-03-09, 07:25 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Not really, retarded comments are common enough here.
Old 09-03-09, 06:23 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

ouch... but come on if you hit someone and they jumped on your car and started hanging on would you really just stop the car?? who knows what he gonna do.... i would get him off my car and then see what happened to him.. he could have been going to jump in the car and could cause a major accident..
Old 09-03-09, 06:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by lamar411
a good lawyer will egt this case reduced or thrown out all together. The driver ( killer) can just claim that the bike rider was going to hurt hi, him and claim anything happened that will help his case. This will probably be one of those unfortunate events where the driver will get a light sentence or massively reduced sentence because he was claiming self defense.

Quick Reply: Politician who cracked down on speeding arrested for killing biker in road rage incid