Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First Look: Hyundai Equus Walkaround and Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-09, 11:52 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hyundai has become the "Great Value" brand. Lexus watch out..
Old 09-02-09, 09:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Hyundai has become the "Great Value" brand. Lexus watch out..
Lexus isn't a value brand.

Old 09-02-09, 10:33 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

what was with that "other car makers better watch out... ESPECIALLY Lexus" comment at the end? Why only lexus and not BMW/etc?
Old 09-02-09, 10:49 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have to say I am very impressed with the new car. I think it definetly borrows some styling cues from many other luxury cars. It has a lincoln grille, benz brake lights , and LS exhaust tips . Lexus was guilty of the same thing. I am sure we all remember how much Lexus would borrow from the S class when redesigning their LS sedans. People shouldnt talk crap. The car speaks for itself. I kind of look at it like when a fresh grad comes out of a medical program. He is trained in all of the advanced procedure, has lots of gusto and energy, but is right out of school. In then end the new grads are always more up to date but will need to prove themselves over time.
Old 09-02-09, 11:18 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My thoughts on the Hyundai Equus.

Old 09-03-09, 01:35 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks like a well-built car for the money. I think Hyundai may end up developing a new Luxury brand in the near future.
Old 09-03-09, 05:53 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lexus isn't a value brand.
Of course Lexus is a 'value' brand. Lexus vehicles comes pretty much equipped from the factory. I mentioned 'Great Value' as an analogy. Think Walmart brand "Great Value." Basically, one gets all the goodies minus the brand name recognition.

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
what was with that "other car makers better watch out... ESPECIALLY Lexus" comment at the end? Why only lexus and not BMW/etc?
From the looks of this car and the vid, it is clear that the Lexus LS460L is the target. Hell, the car looks like the LS460L. Hyundai like Lexus is loading this car up with a plethora of standard features that are optional on say a "BMW/etc". So yes, Lexus should watch out because Hyundai is taking a page right out of 20 year old Lexus playbook.
Old 09-03-09, 06:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,369 Likes on 1,554 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
My thoughts on the Hyundai Equus.

uh, does that mean you hate it?
Old 09-03-09, 06:08 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Of course Lexus is a 'value' brand. Lexus vehicles comes pretty much equipped from the factory. I mentioned 'Great Value' as an analogy. Think Walmart brand "Great Value." Basically, one gets all the goodies minus the brand name recognition.

From the looks of this car and the vid, it is clear that the Lexus LS460L is the target. Hell, the car looks like the LS460L. Hyundai like Lexus is loading this car up with a plethora of standard features that are optional on say a "BMW/etc". So yes, Lexus should watch out because Hyundai is taking a page right out of 20 year old Lexus playbook.
WOW, lol

Sorry, but if you feel Lexus is a value brand, then BMW is far more of a value brand with their subsidized leases. You could lease a loaded 335xi for less than a base ES350.
Old 09-03-09, 06:36 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

So guy, how do you think Hundai is able to build these cars and sell them for tens of thousands cheaper than the competition?
Old 09-03-09, 06:36 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
WOW, lol

Sorry, but if you feel Lexus is a value brand,
Do you disagree that Lexus is a 'value brand'?
Maybe you can ask him below since I may not know the answer...

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Lexus isn't a value brand?
then BMW is far more of a value brand with their subsidized leases. You could lease a loaded 335xi for less than a base ES350.
For real? Damn... I bought my car though... Maybe you should get one Och.. Since you brought it up, configure both cars, calculate the lease with $0 down and post it up with links..
Old 09-03-09, 06:46 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Do you disagree that Lexus is a 'value brand'?
Maybe you can ask him below since I may not know the answer...

For real? Damn... I bought my car though... Maybe you should get one Och.. Since you brought it up, configure both cars, calculate the lease with $0 down and post it up with links..
Yes, I disagree that Lexus is a value brand. I also do not think that BMW is a value brand. To think either way is simply ridiculous.

I posted what I posted because you took a jab at Lexus and Lexus owners, so I took a jab back at you.

Seriously, why do you come to this site constantly baiting and jabbing at Lexus? For as long as I can remember your posts, I haven't seen you say a single positive thing about Lexus and not a single negative thing about BMW. Do you not like anything about Lexus? Do you not think there are areas where BMW could use improvements?

It just seems like your purpose here is to harass Lexus, praise BMW, and you clearly have beef with 1SICKLEX. Carefully baiting and jabbing to turn another thread into BMW vs Lexus war.
Old 09-03-09, 07:02 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Och
Yes, I disagree that Lexus is a value brand. I also do not think that BMW is a value brand. To think either way is simply ridiculous.
You are entitled to your opinion. Others can chime with regards to this notion.

I posted what I posted because you took a jab at Lexus and Lexus owners, so I took a jab back at you.
What???? I did not take a jab at Lexus & Lexus owners with my comment. What a ridiculous accusation & poor attempt to set me up.. I've been a Lexus owner twice over ( 97 ES300 & 98 GS400) before you even got your drivers license.

Seriously, why do you come to this site constantly baiting and jabbing at Lexus? For as long as I can remember your posts, I haven't seen you say a single positive thing about Lexus and not a single negative thing about BMW. Do you not like anything about Lexus? Do you not think there are areas where BMW could use improvements?

It just seems like your purpose here is to harass Lexus, praise BMW, and you clearly have beef with 1SICKLEX. Carefully baiting and jabbing to turn another thread into BMW vs Lexus war.
Another attempt to set me up. I've been a member here since 2004, & contributed more to this community local & otherwise than you! How many meets have you attended or hosted Och?? Zero! I really do not need to explain myself to you anyways so I will not waste my time with the back and forth internet banter with you. This is about the Hyundai Equus. If you have an issue with me use the pm.
Old 09-03-09, 07:03 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Toyota should not be concerned with this car (Equus). They should be concerned about their problems with QC measures(In house)as of late. Toyota knows Korean corporations(ex. Hyundai/Daewoo), even in the car arena is a threat to them. They should worry more about producing a better car & not just profits. If you look at Sony & Matshuita corp. performance over the past decade, you can see why japanese corp. pay attention to the korean corp. taking market share. It's called "doing it better."
Hyundai, (Equus) IMO is not ready to compete with Lexus or the German's. But, they will, REAL SOON!!
Old 09-03-09, 07:20 AM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
he said hun DIE
guess he didn't watch the commercials.

it's hyun-day, like sunday.

Last edited by shyguy16; 09-03-09 at 07:33 AM.

Quick Reply: First Look: Hyundai Equus Walkaround and Drive