Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First Look: Hyundai Equus Walkaround and Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-09, 05:47 AM
Lexwang07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile First Look: Hyundai Equus Walkaround and Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch2KSHIu-Co
Old 09-02-09, 05:55 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a pimp ride. I'd definitely consider it were I in the market for a 7-series. It really goes to show how much of a premium you're paying for the, well, premium brands. You're essentially getting the same product - and more - with this car.

Hyundai really is getting their **** together... now put that god-damn V8 in the Coupe!

Last edited by FisforFast; 09-02-09 at 06:02 AM.
Old 09-02-09, 06:54 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FisforFast
That's a pimp ride. I'd definitely consider it were I in the market for a 7-series. It really goes to show how much of a premium you're paying for the, well, premium brands. You're essentially getting the same product - and more - with this car.

Hyundai really is getting their **** together... now put that god-damn V8 in the Coupe!
Genesis Coupe with a V8 it would go well with the car name thats for sure.
Old 09-02-09, 07:05 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a great car.

It seems to lack personality. The paperwork is there, but no signature...
Old 09-02-09, 07:16 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

With the Genesis now and Equus and new Sonata coming next year, looks like I may be sticking with Hyundai for some time to come

Last edited by rdgdawg; 09-02-09 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-02-09, 08:57 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,369 Likes on 1,554 Posts

it's a lexus knock-off, but very impressive regardless.

love the seatbelt tugging feature to wake up the driver if the lane departure is triggered.
Old 09-02-09, 09:18 AM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

hyundai has all the momentum right now. if they can price this thing at 45k to 55k, it will be a hit. it won't be a volume seller, but probably will exceed expectations. hyundai really might pass nissan within couple of years.
Old 09-02-09, 09:20 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

The new Equus,Genesis sedan/coupe,new Tuscon,Santa Fe,Elantra,Accent & new Sonata. Hyundai is really trying to build better cars now. Just got to sure up their dealership network & service. I think Hyundai's target was Honda/Acura & now it has broaden it to Toyota.
Old 09-02-09, 10:01 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Please excuse me if this post doesnt make sense however I have a question..

Is it possible that Hyundai's product line exceeds dealership/service experience and could this be a detriment to sales?? My thought is the products seem to be growing and developing faster than the sales and service staff...lol

I went to 2 dealerships in Ct. and the largest volume dealer (Urban location) had inadequate sales staff and just seemed, well (Ghetto).. (disclaimer - Im a straight up project kid who worked hard to get out so no racial undertones here)
Now the other was more rural and was a little better however the staff knew less about their products than my 15 y/o son
Old 09-02-09, 10:06 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Excellent looking car which should be a huge hit!

I like how he took a cheap shop at Lexus at the end....
Old 09-02-09, 10:10 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

This really makes the game a little more interesting if you're considering a Lexus. If this car is better than the Genesis, which I sat in a while ago, this definitely help the company go upmarket. Like SILVERSPRUCESC3 stated, the dealership experience needs to go hand in hand if you're going to showing a $50K car next to a $10K car.

The only way to probably do it correctly is to have a different car company, something the PR guy alluded to.
Old 09-02-09, 10:57 AM
rdgdawg
Pole Position

Originally Posted by silversprucesc3
Please excuse me if this post doesnt make sense however I have a question..

Is it possible that Hyundai's product line exceeds dealership/service experience and could this be a detriment to sales?? My thought is the products seem to be growing and developing faster than the sales and service staff...lol

I went to 2 dealerships in Ct. and the largest volume dealer (Urban location) had inadequate sales staff and just seemed, well (Ghetto).. (disclaimer - Im a straight up project kid who worked hard to get out so no racial undertones here)
Now the other was more rural and was a little better however the staff knew less about their products than my 15 y/o son
Originally Posted by bruce van
This really makes the game a little more interesting if you're considering a Lexus. If this car is better than the Genesis, which I sat in a while ago, this definitely help the company go upmarket. Like SILVERSPRUCESC3 stated, the dealership experience needs to go hand in hand if you're going to showing a $50K car next to a $10K car.

The only way to probably do it correctly is to have a different car company, something the PR guy alluded to.
Agree 100%, that's why I deal direct with Sales Manager or GM, then go with salesperson for test drive only, then back to SM or GM.

The sales folks are, well... "Walmart"... best analogy I can think of...
Old 09-02-09, 11:01 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

he said hun DIE
Old 09-02-09, 11:41 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,369 Likes on 1,554 Posts

Originally Posted by silversprucesc3
the staff knew less about their products than my 15 y/o son
if like you, your son's into cars, this shouldn't come as much of a surprise. i've had pretty bad overall sales experience at lexus dealers too.

just lower your expectations. buying the car is really a tiny part of the overall experience.
Old 09-02-09, 11:49 AM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
if like you, your son's into cars, this shouldn't come as much of a surprise. i've had pretty bad overall sales experience at lexus dealers too.

just lower your expectations. buying the car is really a tiny part of the overall experience.
I agree bruh from a personal perspective however many buyers are influenced by the sales/management team. Simply put Hyundai could be outsold..lol

Another component is service. I wonder if the service departments are ready and capable of supporting such high end products. Along with the high end customer service expected

Quick Reply: First Look: Hyundai Equus Walkaround and Drive