Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

IS F "Evolution"- is there truth to the rumors after all?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-09, 12:30 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whether you "get it" or not is quite irrelevant. The LF A will be a halo car for Lexus, and for Toyota in general.

The LF A should do for Lexus, what the R8 has done for Audi, if not more. It should do more than what the NSX did for Honda way back, or what the GT-R has done for Nissan. If you think that's irrelevant, well I'm not sure what to say.

The fact that you may never see an LF A *is the point*. It is a dream car, an aspirational car. Most people have never seen a Ferrari Enzo in real life, but many people dream of seeing or owning an Enzo.

This recent talk I've been hearing on CL of "Toyota cutting budgets" is getting tiresome. Does anyone have hard proof that Toyota is cutting research and development budgets? As far as I know, Toyota is cutting budgets of some of it's motorsport programs, it is drastically cutting capital spending in the context of new factories and new assembly lines, but so far research and development budgets have not been affected that much.

Toyota spent a record amount on R&D over the last few years. Anyone can find this in Toyota's financial statements. What that means is that new Toyota and Lexus models over the next few years will be the ones that will bear the fruit of this significant R&D spending.

Akio Toyoda is a big enthusiast and racer at heart. If you honestly think Toyota won't have any sporty or sports models in the next few years, I'd really love to hear the logic explaining such reasoning.
Old 09-11-09, 09:14 AM
LexFather

Well I'm hearing Toyota might enter LeMans, no small feat....they seem dedicated to F1 still and they are building a new track/development center closer to Toyota city to make quicker and sportier decisions.

Old 09-17-09, 12:06 AM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool, I would love to see this in production!