Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura Dealer in Montgomeryville PA

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-09, 05:48 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KangstaxD
Its been a long time since I posted so =D.
Went to coupe of the dealers today to cheak out cars with my cousin. He is deciding if he should get a r32, mazdaspeed3, or a txs. The mazda dealer and the vw dealers salesman were all nice and showed us around their show room. The last dealer we went to was the acura dealer to look at tsx. The tsx on picture looks horrible but in real life, I give it a thumbs up. The front does not stick out that much like it does on paper. Anyways we go into the dealer and the salesman are all just sitting down not even welcoming us! Maybe we looked young so so they didn't even bother with us but still there was no warm welcome when we entered the building. I quickly went out of the dealer and went to my car (is350 2009 black) and grabbed a catalog. When I went inside the dealer, all the salesman came and were like "can I assist you with anything." I was like assist my a$$, golddiggers =P.' So acura is out of the picture. What would you guys purchase the r32 or the mazda3speed hatch?
I bought my TL there in 2000. There weren't incredibly impressive then either. But, if you like the TSX, there's plenty of other Acura dealers in that area--Davis in Warminster, Sussman in Jenkintown, Metro in the Phila Airport Automall, and there's one on the Main Line too. Contact them all via email/internet quote, and you won't have to go thru all that BS, and you'll have your deal negotiated before they even lay eyes on you. Don't settle for car that's not your 1st choice because of some a$$hat at one dealer ship.

And I'd go with the R32....
Old 09-14-09, 05:51 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Yay-Z
U guys shouldn't take that stuff personal, I deal with it as well.

Sometimes customers don't like to be disturbed or there just looking, like me, I hate salespeople rushing me. When I want to talk to them I will call on them.

Cars should be about the vehicle not the dealership
Not everyone has the same view, though. I'd say better to just approach and ask if a customer needs assistance, then to wait for them and have them walk out the door. In a market like metro Philly, there's tons of other choices out there not to have to put up with sales people that don't care.
Old 09-14-09, 06:14 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Its been a long time since I posted so =D.
Went to coupe of the dealers today to cheak out cars with my cousin. He is deciding if he should get a r32, mazdaspeed3, or a txs. The mazda dealer and the vw dealers salesman were all nice and showed us around their show room. The last dealer we went to was the acura dealer to look at tsx. The tsx on picture looks horrible but in real life, I give it a thumbs up. The front does not stick out that much like it does on paper. Anyways we go into the dealer and the salesman are all just sitting down not even welcoming us! Maybe we looked young so so they didn't even bother with us but still there was no warm welcome when we entered the building. I quickly went out of the dealer and went to my car (is350 2009 black) and grabbed a catalog. When I went inside the dealer, all the salesman came and were like "can I assist you with anything." I was like assist my a$$, golddiggers =P.' So acura is out of the picture. What would you guys purchase the r32 or the mazda3speed hatch?
So you decide on which car you buy based on the dealer welcome you get?
Old 09-14-09, 06:40 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Been to that dealership

That montgomery acura dealership sucks monkey *****, they are a disgrace! I actually called corporate & recorded the over the phone message of a-hole salesman on the phone & got that sob fired! That place looks real nice but, they are in business to loose sales to other acura dealers.
tex- Do what he said & check out the other places. They lost my sale of 08 MDX to Metro. If your interested in a car, you have to approach the sales guys & explain to them you bought a car before & would like some info & would like to buy the car now. Since your not with your parents, that is the normal treatment younger buyers get.They will give you the normal sales run around for about 1-2 hr. of bull. Leave your info & phone # & tell them to call you when there ready to sell a car. In the meantime go to the other dealers & shop for Acura. The first place should call you about 5-10x trying to get you to come in. Take your internet quote w/ you ( important).
Old 09-14-09, 06:51 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 734 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofan2
New Mazdaspeed 3 has a stupid looking "grin" grill. Just wouldn't work for me, get the r32.
+1 Not feeling the new Mazda 3s

Originally Posted by The G Man
So you decide on which car you buy based on the dealer welcome you get?
Dealership experience is more important when dealing with luxury brands than other mainstream ones. That's why some people are still reluctant to seriously consider the Genesis Sedan. The car might be nice, but the waiting room/service bay isn't up to snuff for a car in that price range.
Old 09-14-09, 09:04 AM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by PAULGS430
That montgomery acura dealership sucks monkey *****, they are a disgrace! I actually called corporate & recorded the over the phone message of a-hole salesman on the phone & got that sob fired! That place looks real nice but, they are in business to loose sales to other acura dealers.
tex- Do what he said & check out the other places. They lost my sale of 08 MDX to Metro. If your interested in a car, you have to approach the sales guys & explain to them you bought a car before & would like some info & would like to buy the car now. Since your not with your parents, that is the normal treatment younger buyers get.They will give you the normal sales run around for about 1-2 hr. of bull. Leave your info & phone # & tell them to call you when there ready to sell a car. In the meantime go to the other dealers & shop for Acura. The first place should call you about 5-10x trying to get you to come in. Take your internet quote w/ you ( important).
Hahaha yea man glad that you experience the same experience I had went through. I was asking the salesman about the tsx and tl and he was like just read the catalog. I asked him for a catalog and he just sitting down, talking with another salesman and hands me a catalog without even looking at me. Well the whole salesman issue in the acura montgomeryvilla dealer was shat, but the tsx looked nice . The seats are comfortable and the interior is upscale. Anyways, yea what tex and you said, I should look around other acura dealers. But its not up to me, its up to my cousin who came from Korea to decide on which car hes going to purchase. He liked the tsx, but the experience he went through in that dealer made him lean towards the r32 or a alternative version of the tsx, which is the honda accord. I think they relatively look alike. Thanks for the insight and screw the acura dealer in montgomeryville pa 309 =(!
Old 09-14-09, 09:18 AM
LexFather

No thanks

Old 09-14-09, 10:04 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Hahaha yea man glad that you experience the same experience I had went through. I was asking the salesman about the tsx and tl and he was like just read the catalog. I asked him for a catalog and he just sitting down, talking with another salesman and hands me a catalog without even looking at me. Well the whole salesman issue in the acura montgomeryvilla dealer was shat, but the tsx looked nice . The seats are comfortable and the interior is upscale. Anyways, yea what tex and you said, I should look around other acura dealers. But its not up to me, its up to my cousin who came from Korea to decide on which car hes going to purchase. He liked the tsx, but the experience he went through in that dealer made him lean towards the r32 or a alternative version of the tsx, which is the honda accord. I think they relatively look alike. Thanks for the insight and screw the acura dealer in montgomeryville pa 309 =(!
The TSX and the US Accord are not the same at all. The TSX is the same as the Euro Accord.
Old 09-14-09, 11:07 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Allen K
Dealership experience is more important when dealing with luxury brands than other mainstream ones. That's why some people are still reluctant to seriously consider the Genesis Sedan. The car might be nice, but the waiting room/service bay isn't up to snuff for a car in that price range.
The Genesis is a different situation, Hyundia itself is not a luxury brand, so all Hyundai dealer will be about the same. As far as Acura is concerned, there are many good Acura dealers, just because one of them treats you bad, that doesnt mean they are all the same.
Old 09-14-09, 12:15 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
No thanks

Haha awesome, that perfectly illustrates Mazda's new front ends.
Old 09-14-09, 12:17 PM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by meowCat
And please work on your spelling. A lot of your posts look funny because the spelling is all off. If you use some browsers like Mozilla Firefox it comes with the spell checker and warns you as you type..
Wow--I guess it really is back to skool season.
Old 09-14-09, 12:20 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by meowCat
That doesn't mean it's okay for a few dealers to treat customers badly.
If one Acura dealer treats me bad, I would just go to the next Acura dealer. I would not exclude the brand from my list just because of one jerk. As far as I concerned, I am there to buy a car, not to make friends with the salesman or the managers.
Old 09-14-09, 12:52 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If one Acura dealer treats me bad, I would just go to the next Acura dealer. I would not exclude the brand from my list just because of one jerk. As far as I concerned, I am there to buy a car, not to make friends with the salesman or the managers.
That's how I see it. All the major urban regions of the country have multiple dealerships selling these cars that are just expensive commodities.
Old 09-14-09, 01:55 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 734 Likes on 506 Posts

That makes sense to folks like us on the forums because we know that not all dealers are created equal. But if someone hasn't experienced a certain brand before and this is their first impression of it, they might be turned off to that brand as a whole.
Old 09-14-09, 03:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

As far as I concerned, I am there to buy a car, not to make friends with the salesman or the managers.

Making friends with people in the sales and service buisness does have its advantages. It certainy can't hurt. The higher the dealership thinks of YOU as a person, the more likely they are to give you a price break or other perks (such as a VIP program or a free repair if something is not warranty-covered, for instance), especially if you are a repeat customer. Many dealerships reward customer loyalty.

Quick Reply: Acura Dealer in Montgomeryville PA