Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura Dealer in Montgomeryville PA

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-09, 03:33 PM
KangstaxD
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura Dealer in Montgomeryville PA

Its been a long time since I posted so =D.
Went to coupe of the dealers today to cheak out cars with my cousin. He is deciding if he should get a r32, mazdaspeed3, or a txs. The mazda dealer and the vw dealers salesman were all nice and showed us around their show room. The last dealer we went to was the acura dealer to look at tsx. The tsx on picture looks horrible but in real life, I give it a thumbs up. The front does not stick out that much like it does on paper. Anyways we go into the dealer and the salesman are all just sitting down not even welcoming us! Maybe we looked young so so they didn't even bother with us but still there was no warm welcome when we entered the building. I quickly went out of the dealer and went to my car (is350 2009 black) and grabbed a catalog. When I went inside the dealer, all the salesman came and were like "can I assist you with anything." I was like assist my a$$, golddiggers =P.' So acura is out of the picture. What would you guys purchase the r32 or the mazda3speed hatch?
Old 09-12-09, 03:36 PM
Nellyhx
Pole Position

OMG!!! HAHA the Acura Dealership in Torrance is exactly the same! When I was buying a car, I went with my friends in my G35 Coupe and they didn't come and welcome us at ALL! Then the next day i show up in my mom's Benz and everyone's asking if we needed help, also one of the reasons why I didn't buy an Acura
Old 09-12-09, 04:26 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

Well I'll just throw in my .02 before this thread gets closed for not being Lexus related. I'd take the Mazdaspeed over the R32
Old 09-12-09, 04:52 PM
Audiofan2
Pole Position

New Mazdaspeed 3 has a stupid looking "grin" grill. Just wouldn't work for me, get the r32.
Old 09-12-09, 05:43 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofan2
New Mazdaspeed 3 has a stupid looking "grin" grill. Just wouldn't work for me, get the r32.
Agreed. Mazda 3 = silly cartoon car.
Old 09-12-09, 06:27 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

I like the Mazdaspeed3 it sticks out just like the TL. i like that
Old 09-12-09, 08:35 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Go for the R32 and when you save some money, put a HPA turbo kit on it!
Old 09-12-09, 09:17 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have low expectations for car salespeople, especially when entering the showroom via the front door without an appointment.
Old 09-13-09, 01:36 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

These sales people should be on it. Not a very recession proof position and they need to act like it. I hate car sales people generally. They lie and they will screw you with a big smile on their faces.. and thats when they actually help you
Old 09-13-09, 10:01 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't understand how car sales people so quickly dismiss any potential buyer. But I guess if they can't get out of their own way then they have nobody to blame but themselves during these tough economic times.

Back on topic, one of my younger employees worked his butt off to get an R32 and it has been very good for him so far. It's a fun, quick car that is nicely finished inside and out.
Old 09-13-09, 11:25 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
I don't understand how car sales people so quickly dismiss any potential buyer. But I guess if they can't get out of their own way then they have nobody to blame but themselves during these tough economic times.

Back on topic, one of my younger employees worked his butt off to get an R32 and it has been very good for him so far. It's a fun, quick car that is nicely finished inside and out.
Bingo....and since kids like Acura's, it they have the affordable TSX, you would think they would jump on it.

This isn't an "Acura" only problem though, its a salesman problem.

I would go with the Mazda the OLD MS3. I do NOt like the smiley face

Old 09-13-09, 12:00 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

This isn't an "Acura" only problem though, its a salesman problem.
I cant agree more. I had this problem when I was younger myself. So many places lost out on business because of this. I wouldn't expect this today with business not as it was and profit down for everyone.
Old 09-13-09, 12:13 PM
madoka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
I cant agree more. I had this problem when I was younger myself. So many places lost out on business because of this. I wouldn't expect this today with business not as it was and profit down for everyone.
You'd think this would be true, but not always. I drove to my local MB dealer (Penske MB) in an IS-F about 3 times and a LX570 once. Each time, I wandered about the showroom, saw that there weren't any other customers there, and left after 20-30 minutes with no one approaching me. I guess the salespeople were too busy chatting with each other, drinking the free coffee, or texting their friends because that's all I saw them doing while I was there.
Old 09-13-09, 12:34 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by madoka
You'd think this would be true, but not always. I drove to my local MB dealer (Penske MB) in an IS-F about 3 times and a LX570 once. Each time, I wandered about the showroom, saw that there weren't any other customers there, and left after 20-30 minutes with no one approaching me. I guess the salespeople were too busy chatting with each other, drinking the free coffee, or texting their friends because that's all I saw them doing while I was there.
I would figure the salesman have "ups" and take turns on NEW customers and you can't touch a customer the salesman has a relationship with. I suppose since the salesman sees a "kid" he'd rather not waste his "up" (his turn) and wait for an adult.....

I also know there are some places that are not pushy with customers but I believe the rule of thumb is someone introduce themselves/let them know you are there to help and let the person browse.

Old 09-13-09, 01:17 PM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

U guys shouldn't take that stuff personal, I deal with it as well.

Sometimes customers don't like to be disturbed or there just looking, like me, I hate salespeople rushing me. When I want to talk to them I will call on them.

Cars should be about the vehicle not the dealership

Quick Reply: Acura Dealer in Montgomeryville PA