Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ga. Man Charged With Driving Naked On Interstate

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-09, 12:46 PM
LexFather

Talking Ga. Man Charged With Driving Naked On Interstate

GEORGIA FTW!!

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/21021013/detail.html

Ga. Man Charged With Driving Naked On Interstate

Posted: 11:29 am EDT September 20, 2009Updated: 11:45 am EDT September 20, 2009
BUNNELL, Fla. -- Authorities say a Georgia man was driving naked on the highway in Flagler County, where he repeatedly flashed a woman and her 11-year-old son.

A woman driving a tractor-trailer on Interstate 95 with her son in the cab Thursday reported that a naked man in a sport utility vehicle had been keeping pace with her and performing lewd acts.

She told authorities that the man followed her for about 8 miles, but she was eventually able to get away by pulling into a weigh station.

The woman reported the man and vehicle to the Florida Highway Patrol, and troopers say the caught up with 45-year-old Mark Duffus about 20 miles to the north on the highway.

Duffus was charged with lewd and lascivious exhibition and indecent exposure. He was released Friday on $2,000 bail.

Old 09-20-09, 03:33 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

She told authorities that the man followed her for about 8 miles, but she was eventually able to get away by pulling into a weigh station.
She probably did the right thing by driving to a weigh station (where there are often State Troopers) or to any police facility.

Duffus was charged with lewd and lascivious exhibition and indecent exposure.
After following her for 8 miles, I wouldn't be surprised to also see charges of stalking and (possibly) sexual harassment added.

The woman reported the man and vehicle to the Florida Highway Patrol, and troopers say the caught up with 45-year-old Mark Duffus about 20 miles to the north on the highway.
If she can identify him, or pick him out of a police lineup, this guy will probably do some time.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-20-09 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-20-09, 05:17 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People are so strange.
Old 09-20-09, 05:31 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Little known fact....my name is Mark Duffus.

Old 09-20-09, 05:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Little known fact....my name is Mark Duffus.
So you're in the Flagler County Jail? Must be a nice place......I didn't know they provided Internet in the cells. And, at least, they gave you some clothes to put on.
Old 09-20-09, 11:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

this dude is a weirdo
Old 09-21-09, 07:09 AM
PAULGS430
Lexus Test Driver

Don't we all drive naked sometimes in our Lex. or have thought about it.
jus kidding. I kidd.
Old 09-21-09, 07:34 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Get a room or at least tinted glass.
Old 09-21-09, 06:40 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sad to say, that as a trucker I see MANY strange and unusual things EVERYDAY. Naked driving, surprisingly, doesn't even phase me anymore. I just dial the local state troopers and give them car description and tag numbers now. Surprisingly, now that I think about it, I have made the most calls concerning this IN Georgia.
Old 09-22-09, 07:14 PM
hughh
Pole Position

Going around necked must be something that's catching...

71-year-old Fort Worth man cited for doing yardwork in the buff
Posted Tuesday, Sep. 22, 2009

By DEANNA BOYD
dboyd@star-telegram.com
FORT WORTH — Add this to the list of things that should never be done in the nude.
A 71-year-old man was cited for disorderly conduct Sunday after he was spotted trimming his back yard in the buff.
A Fort Worth deputy city marshal discovered the man’s unconventional approach to yardwork Sunday afternoon while on bike patrol near Lake Worth. According to a Fort Worth police report, the man was naked except for shoes.
Upon seeing the deputy approaching, the man dropped the weed trimmer and ran inside his home. After repeated requests by the deputy, he emerged again, wearing shorts.
The man told the deputy that he’d worked in the nude in his back yard before and believed that it was private enough to shield him from others’ view. Police said parts of the chain-link fence do not have privacy slats.
The deputy also pointed out to the man that he lives across the street from a park and along a heavily traveled road. After checking his record to ensure that he is not a sex offender, the deputy issued the man the Class C misdemeanor citation.
http://www.star-telegram.com/189/sto...k=omni_popular
Old 09-22-09, 08:29 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by hughh

By DEANNA BOYD
dboyd@star-telegram.com
FORT WORTH — Add this to the list of things that should never be done in the nude.
A 71-year-old man was cited for disorderly conduct Sunday after he was spotted trimming his back yard in the buff.
A Fort Worth deputy city marshal discovered the man’s unconventional approach to yardwork Sunday afternoon while on bike patrol near Lake Worth. According to a Fort Worth police report, the man was naked except for shoes.
Upon seeing the deputy approaching, the man dropped the weed trimmer and ran inside his home. After repeated requests by the deputy, he emerged again, wearing shorts.
The man told the deputy that he’d worked in the nude in his back yard before and believed that it was private enough to shield him from others’ view. Police said parts of the chain-link fence do not have privacy slats.
The deputy also pointed out to the man that he lives across the street from a park and along a heavily traveled road. After checking his record to ensure that he is not a sex offender, the deputy issued the man the Class C misdemeanor citation.
lol..............

Old 09-23-09, 07:51 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

And that's why they call them "privacy slats", somehow that's car-related maybe....
Old 09-23-09, 09:23 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

People who have bi-polar mental disorders sometimes do this.....especially those what schizophrenia. They are not always aware of what they are doing....or why.

Bi-polar disorders are far more widespread in our society than a lot of people think. Many people need drugs for them (such as lithium), that, for many reasons, they either don't have access to them or are not taking them.
Old 09-23-09, 09:43 AM
lamar411
Pole Position

Thats just stupid.
Old 09-23-09, 06:53 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

By DEANNA BOYD
dboyd@star-telegram.com

I better stop doing yard work in the nude.

Quick Reply: Ga. Man Charged With Driving Naked On Interstate