Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Does your modded Lexus have what it takes to be in Lexus' 2009 SEMA display?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-09, 09:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by edgy
Ryan,...

Do you know why some people on .IS recieved invitations from Lexus to go out to sema? As part of some ownership /enthusiast program...?

I am pretty sure all they got was an invitation to come and check out something lexus is doing... but no one seems to know what exactly that is ?

do you know what is going on with that & how come there was nothing mentioned here about anything other than the car contest...???
Really? I've never heard of that. There was something similar a few years back, but not this year or last.

This is the first time Lexus has ever done a contest for the enthusiasts to submit their rides and get a chance to come out to SEMA and possibly display their own ride.

SEMA.org did offer a preview program to applicants earlier this year where a handful are selected to come out to the SEMA SHOW and share their opinions of the show.
Old 10-30-09, 02:15 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Really? I've never heard of that. There was something similar a few years back, but not this year or last.

This is the first time Lexus has ever done a contest for the enthusiasts to submit their rides and get a chance to come out to SEMA and possibly display their own ride.

SEMA.org did offer a preview program to applicants earlier this year where a handful are selected to come out to the SEMA SHOW and share their opinions of the show.

yeah, i dunno,...check the general forums there, a friend told me some one posted that they had been " Chosen for SEMA" & I noticed a bunch of guys had posted that they were also chosen/invited to come out to SEMA for....something?

Not sure if these guys all submitted their cars for this contest...? which i understood to be the 1st..... or there was somethign else.....?
Old 11-02-09, 01:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by edgy
yeah, i dunno,...check the general forums there, a friend told me some one posted that they had been " Chosen for SEMA" & I noticed a bunch of guys had posted that they were also chosen/invited to come out to SEMA for....something?

Not sure if these guys all submitted their cars for this contest...? which i understood to be the 1st..... or there was somethign else.....?
Really? I'll have to look at it over there. The winner is announced here. You and I know this person well.

Voting was done by a 3rd party so unfortunately I had no input in it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...sema-show.html
Old 11-02-09, 01:23 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Ed,

I just found out what the invite was for, it was the SEMA research program they were doing:

http://www.sema.org/news/2009/09/16/...search-program

That was posted a few months back and is not related to what Lexus was offering.
Old 11-04-09, 08:57 PM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Lexus & Club Lexus / my.IS ! credits are included on the spec-stand.