Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Begins Interim Notification to Owners Regarding Future Voluntary Safety Recall

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-09, 07:04 PM
iRock
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea pretty stupid that people cant figure out that the mat is over the pedel that is why it wont slow down they dont even want the oem mats in the car... they put my driver side mat in the truck said they had to... when i went in friday they put a zip tie through the mat both corners by the seat and went under the seat so that it has no possibility to move... guess its a temporary fix till they realize thats its just the stacked mats causing the problem
Old 10-16-09, 02:30 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by The G Man
So what is the recall? Does Lexus just inspect it to make sure it hook on or do they replace your mats?
Good basic questions, because 16 pages later here, no definite answers.
Old 10-16-09, 06:18 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by PEARLIS250
when i went in friday they put a zip tie through the mat both corners by the seat and went under the seat so that it has no possibility to move... guess its a temporary fix till they realize thats its just the stacked mats causing the problem
Thats like that lamp shade they put on dogs so they dont lick themself
Old 10-19-09, 06:48 AM
weaksauce
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default have you guys read this?

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...642,full.story
Old 10-19-09, 09:34 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by The G Man
Thats like that lamp shade they put on dogs so they dont lick themself
Exactly, lot of creative ***-covering at dealer-level based on who knows what. I want to see Toyota/Lexus come up with a universal concise approach to dealing with this and would like to know exactly which mats are known to be "defective".
Old 10-19-09, 09:36 AM
NYlexus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK...you know usually i like to consider myself a smart driver that understands the mechanics of a car and i had heard of these issues with Toyota's and Lexus's (which i have drivin all my life) but always throught to be Driver error, Mat problem or even malicious litigation and lawsuit BUT i am really concerned about this

I commute 60 miles each day on my 2007 Camry and regularly reach 80mph. If all this fiasco seems to be a genuine issue than this is a concern for Toyota and Lexus owners.
Old 10-19-09, 12:17 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

There is a lot of speculation on this issue and we'll just have to wait and see if there is an issue other than the floor mat(s).

In the meantime, I'll continue to make sure that the driver's floor mats (carpeted and all weather) are properly anchored to the floor using the provided clips.
Old 10-20-09, 06:18 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

What Toyota need to do is to make sure the gas pedal doesnt get stuck even if the floor mat have shifted.
Old 10-20-09, 08:21 AM
RXSF
Forum Moderator

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

im sorry but the article above is just really stupid and seems like the author is out to get toyota.

The other common defense tactic advised by experts is to simply shift a runaway vehicle into neutral. But the ES 350 is equipped with an automatic transmission that can mimic manual shifting, and its shift lever on the console has a series of gates and detents that allow a driver to select any of at least four forward gears.
not knowing how to shift to neutral because of the manual shifting? LOL N is for NEUTRAL and it is ALWAYS between R and D. geezus
Old 10-20-09, 09:38 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

So let's hear some feedback from those that have actually taken their car to a Lexus dealership since this recall was implemented.................................
Old 10-20-09, 09:52 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by RXSF
im sorry but the article above is just really stupid and seems like the author is out to get toyota.

not knowing how to shift to neutral because of the manual shifting? LOL N is for NEUTRAL and it is ALWAYS between R and D. geezus

The Author is another moron.
They are trying to attack the gated shifter of the ES. FUnny but Lexus did copy the gated shifter from Mercedes. So I guess all Mercedes and EVERY car with a gated shifter is a death trap? The author has NEVER driven a car with a gated shifter before?

There is a bunch of moronity (I made that word up lol) and douchebaggery (another one) and lack of commense sensibilityisms (3 for 3) here.

Old 10-20-09, 12:12 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
So let's hear some feedback from those that have actually taken their car to a Lexus dealership since this recall was implemented.................................
I'd like to hear that too.

Along the same lines, has anyone actually received the recall notice yet?
Old 10-20-09, 01:12 PM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 806 Likes on 563 Posts

I received the recall notice. My all weather mats are properly in the hooks so I ignored it.
Old 10-20-09, 01:30 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Allen K
I received the recall notice. My all weather mats are properly in the hooks so I ignored it.
Did they calll out the all weather mats as the problem in the recall notice?
Old 10-20-09, 01:39 PM
Allen K
-0----0-
Forum Moderator

Received 806 Likes on 563 Posts

I honestly don't remember because I just skimmed it but I'll look it over if I can find it

Quick Reply: Toyota Begins Interim Notification to Owners Regarding Future Voluntary Safety Recall