Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I love the Venza!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 01:25 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I only wish that the quality of the leather was better. Its amazing when you get into a new RX. The interior sets it apart from normal Toyota products instantly when you see it
Lexus interiors are far more superior in quality than toyota and other Jap automakers. The only runner up would maybe be a infiniti M series interior if we were comparing.. I think lexus hands down wins the prize for best interior.. Great post..
Old 10-03-09, 07:14 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Nothing more than a Camry wagon with tons more style. IMO the grill matches perfectly because the entire design is very aggressive down to the 20in wheels. I love it.

Those Venzas with the 28's IMO look ridiculous.
Old 10-03-09, 03:32 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Venza owners out here on the forum?
Old 10-03-09, 04:31 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by lamar411
Any Venza owners out here on the forum?
I don't own one, but have reviewed it:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ota-venza.html
Old 10-06-09, 07:15 PM
Fasted1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venza Owner and Club Lexus noob

I am a multiple Lexus (GX470, RX350) and Mercedes-Benz (too many to list over more than 20 years) owner and recently bought a "Blizzard Pearl" V6 AWD Venza with almost all options. I must admit that this is a LOT of car/CUV/crossover/wagon for the money. My wife recently got the SUV of her dreams (MB GL550) and the one condition of ownership was that I got to choose whatever I wanted for my transportation. The Venza combined all of the attributes I was looking for in one vehicle. I, like an earlier poster, am a car guy and always have been. I've owned everything from '70 1/2 Camaro Z28, '67 427 Corvette, 2005 MB S500 sedan, etc., etc.,. I have always loved the Lexus interiors and the impeccable fit and finish on their cars. They have a silky smoothness to their operation that is just not quite reached by Mercedes. Not that the MB vehicles are seriously lacking, they just have a different "feel". The Venza interior, while certainly not up to Lexus standards, is still VERY nice and belies the relatively few $ it takes to own one. The Venza is, after all, a utilitarian Toyota in a pretty sexy California designed exterior. Having owned several Lexus over the years, I can see some of the exact same parts bin items in the Venza. This is to be expected when the cars are in the same Toyota family. I opted for the V6 rather than the I4 engine and I'm glad I did. The Toyota V6 with the 6 speed auto tranny is a fully sorted drivetrain that is, IMHO, one of the best V6's on the planet. So far I'm averaging about 22.5 mpg in mixed, suburban-type driving on an engine that only has 500 miles under it's belt. Not bad considering it will turn a 6.7 sec. 0-60. Everything from the latest generation nav to the power rear liftgate works to make life easier and, so far, the Venza seems like one of the few cars that we won't get tired of as the years go by.
Old 10-06-09, 08:15 PM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL.

Nice review from an actual owner. Great first post.
Old 10-06-09, 09:03 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Fasted1
I am a multiple Lexus (GX470, RX350) and Mercedes-Benz (too many to list over more than 20 years) owner and recently bought a "Blizzard Pearl" V6 AWD Venza with almost all options. I must admit that this is a LOT of car/CUV/crossover/wagon for the money. My wife recently got the SUV of her dreams (MB GL550) and the one condition of ownership was that I got to choose whatever I wanted for my transportation. The Venza combined all of the attributes I was looking for in one vehicle. I, like an earlier poster, am a car guy and always have been. I've owned everything from '70 1/2 Camaro Z28, '67 427 Corvette, 2005 MB S500 sedan, etc., etc.,. I have always loved the Lexus interiors and the impeccable fit and finish on their cars. They have a silky smoothness to their operation that is just not quite reached by Mercedes. Not that the MB vehicles are seriously lacking, they just have a different "feel". The Venza interior, while certainly not up to Lexus standards, is still VERY nice and belies the relatively few $ it takes to own one. The Venza is, after all, a utilitarian Toyota in a pretty sexy California designed exterior. Having owned several Lexus over the years, I can see some of the exact same parts bin items in the Venza. This is to be expected when the cars are in the same Toyota family. I opted for the V6 rather than the I4 engine and I'm glad I did. The Toyota V6 with the 6 speed auto tranny is a fully sorted drivetrain that is, IMHO, one of the best V6's on the planet. So far I'm averaging about 22.5 mpg in mixed, suburban-type driving on an engine that only has 500 miles under it's belt. Not bad considering it will turn a 6.7 sec. 0-60. Everything from the latest generation nav to the power rear liftgate works to make life easier and, so far, the Venza seems like one of the few cars that we won't get tired of as the years go by.
Welcome and great post!

Old 10-06-09, 09:54 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Fasted1 - Welcome and congrats on the new Venza Good to hear from a real car guy and actual owner. Give us a little more feedback in a few weeks with some more miles. Thanks.
Old 10-06-09, 10:26 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

I like the looks of the Venza and think Toyota did a great job on this vehicle. The name, however, "VENZA" I don't like. It sounds so gimmicky, if there is such a word.

Having sat in one at the LA Auto Show last year, I was pretty impressed. It's priced well and if I were in the market for a CUV, this would be on my short list.
Old 10-06-09, 10:31 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fasted1
I am a multiple Lexus owner ...
Great post!

And welcome to the Club, buddy!
Old 10-06-09, 10:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I wish Lexus would make their own version of the Venza. Like the ES and camry, the Venza and the new platform would share sub frame and engine, but the body and interior will be unique to the Lexus. The ES sells well and I have a hard time believing that a Lexified Venza wouldnt appeal to American consumers. Mercedes and BMW are now offering more variety in their SUV/ Crossover categories
Old 10-07-09, 08:00 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I wish Lexus would make their own version of the Venza. Like the ES and camry, the Venza and the new platform would share sub frame and engine, but the body and interior will be unique to the Lexus. The ES sells well and I have a hard time believing that a Lexified Venza wouldnt appeal to American consumers. Mercedes and BMW are now offering more variety in their SUV/ Crossover categories
I would like a Lexus version of the Venza, not sure if the sales numbers are big enough to justify it. It could easily outsell the GLK or Q5.