Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus USA website issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-09, 10:35 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Lexus USA is dull, unimaginative and looks poorly done.

I do not want to read about a car's features. Show them to me. Give me some multimedia and videos to get me excited about the cars. I hate how they have page after page of charts with mind-numbing numbers.

For a properly done website, see Ford's website. I'll probably never buy their cars but the entertainment value of the Ford site certainly helps their brand image.

Lastly, what is with that "L-studio" portion of the site? Who wants to watch a bunch of middle aged people having dinner and making small talk? It is boring and cheap! I see plenty of that at home, thank you very much!
Old 10-08-09, 04:57 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
I know I'm not the only one here, but how many people have noticed that for some of the refreshed Lexus models, instead of properly updating the pictures in the gallery, the old pictures are simply photoshopped, often poorly, to add anything new.

Also with some refreshed models, the photoshopped pics are missing certain key details. For example, the wood piece below the glovebox on the 2010 ES.

IMHO, this detracts from the website and makes some of the Lexus models look downscale with some of these poorly done pics. I'm also not a fan of how certain pictures are overly stylized; it makes the cars look unrealistic. Personally I miss having to see super-sharp, high resolution real-life pics of the cars.

If you're listening Toyota/Lexus, it would be nice if more effort was put into the Lexus USA (and Lexus Canada) websites. With the Lexus Canada website, the problem there is that website is barely updated. The concepts are outdated, and some of the pictures for refreshed models are outdated. Good websites leave a good impression, particularly for younger people.
I bought my IS in '07, and have noticed it ever since. There are still some IS photos in the Gallery that have been there AT LEAST since the 07 MY.
Old 10-08-09, 08:35 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Haitwun
The Lexus USA is dull, unimaginative and looks poorly done.

I do not want to read about a car's features. Show them to me. Give me some multimedia and videos to get me excited about the cars. I hate how they have page after page of charts with mind-numbing numbers.

For a properly done website, see Ford's website. I'll probably never buy their cars but the entertainment value of the Ford site certainly helps their brand image.

Lastly, what is with that "L-studio" portion of the site? Who wants to watch a bunch of middle aged people having dinner and making small talk? It is boring and cheap! I see plenty of that at home, thank you very much!
The Lexus site I believe has recieved some accolades, praise, and possibly even awards for how informative it is. They can make it more entertaining and exciting while still keeping it informative.
Old 10-08-09, 04:07 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

They can make it more entertaining and exciting while still keeping it informative.
Exactly!
Lexus has the capacity to do better and I hope they do.

Last edited by Haitwun; 10-08-09 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-14-09, 11:35 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

So the 2010 GS is up, and once again some really bad photoshopped pics as well as mistakes .

As with other Lexus models, the press pictures of the exterior look SO much better than the pictures up on the Lexus website.

*Lexus, if you are listening, this is NOT good for image or reputation*.
Old 10-15-09, 02:35 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Just to be fair to Lexus...and this has been discussed MANY times over and over again...

http://www.lexus.com/site/

Originally Posted by Lexus USA

Site Information

Lexus reserves the right to modify the information contained in this site at any time without notice. While Lexus makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that all material on this site is correct, accuracy cannot be guaranteed and Lexus does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or authenticity of any information contained in this site. This site and all information and materials contained herein are provided to you as is without warranty of any kind.
Old 10-15-09, 03:22 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

So the 2010 GS is up, and once again some really bad photoshopped pics as well as mistakes .

As with other Lexus models, the press pictures of the exterior look SO much better than the pictures up on the Lexus website.

For some reason I keep thinking Nissan everytime I see these GS pics. I dunno why. I do like the GS fog light.

I am not against photoshopping the pics at all. I have no problem with that. What I am against is using 2009 pics for the 2010 model website when the model changed.

This has to be one of the worst looking fog light setups I have ever seen.

Probably the best front end Lexus has ever had.
Old 10-15-09, 03:27 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

*Lexus, if you are listening, this is NOT good for image or reputation*.
Even worse. Lexus Canada still has not upgraded the pics to the current 2010 pics. http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experience...1EGT&year=2010
Old 10-15-09, 12:07 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Man, the Cirlcle L on the 2010 GS 450h is super friggin humungous...
Old 07-22-10, 07:45 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Taken from the GS 450h page....

Anyone want to play "what doesn't belong?"
Old 07-22-10, 07:49 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Furthermore, this picture is from 2006 when the car first came out, all they did is edit the shark fin and badging. They decided to leave the same 06-07 wheels on the car, and didn't even update the 450h tail lights

Old 07-22-10, 10:03 AM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

hah, this is so funny. I never really noticed the PS'd photos.
Old 07-22-10, 10:20 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

The Lexus web site is boring because there customer base are so damn old. They want all of the stats and number. The entertainment aspect is left missing.
Old 07-22-10, 10:42 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,414 Likes on 1,583 Posts

i suspect traffic to lexus.com isn't very strong - most typical buyers probably just go to the dealers.
Old 07-22-10, 10:42 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,414 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
Taken from the GS 450h page....

Anyone want to play "what doesn't belong?"
maybe the tach in the second one?

Quick Reply: Lexus USA website issues