Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Crappy GTR R35 vs bunch of Hayabusas

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-09, 08:40 PM
LexFather

GT-R is just fantastic!!!

Old 10-02-09, 07:46 AM
patrickgs3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shinmei
dude gimme a break...a 1300cc bike is nothing to scoff at...

and Switzer is mostly a Porsche tuner so for them to do a Nissan says something about it.
no kidding!! ive owned a zx-10r, had the pleasure of riding a zx-14 for a period of time and currently have an 06 636 that will be my fun daily/track bike and the busa is not a joke. especially with someone that can ride it! im just hating on the GT-R

R32/R33/R34 > GTR any day!!!

lungamente vive l'originale
Old 10-02-09, 10:28 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

yea, the dash HUD software was actually designed by Playstation's Gran Turismo team Polyphany Digital.
THanks.. very cool
Old 10-02-09, 03:04 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

What really amazes me guys is just how QUICKLY the GT-R accelerates!!!!! I mean it gets out of the hole like.... nobody's business!!!
Old 10-02-09, 03:22 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

That is FAR from a stock GT-R. So a heavily modded GT-R beat a 'Busa and this is supposed to be some amazing news ? Modded MK4 Supras have been known to easily beat 'Busas too.

Don't get me wrong, those were some amazing videos, and that modded GT-R accelerates like a rocket, but it should since it has 800HP!

Also I don't know what the details are on the GT-R mods, including whether or not they strengthened the transmission or other internals.
Old 10-02-09, 03:26 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
That is FAR from a stock GT-R.

Don't get me wrong, those were some amazing videos, and that modded GT-R accelerates like a rocket, but it should since it has 800HP!

Also I don't know what the details are on the GT-R mods, including whether or not they strengthened the transmission or other internals.
Yeah well........ WHATEVA they did..... It simply ROCKS! Period.
Old 10-02-09, 06:23 PM
shinmei
Driver School Candidate

That is FAR from a stock GT-R. So a heavily modded GT-R beat a 'Busa and this is supposed to be some amazing news ? Modded MK4 Supras have been known to easily beat 'Busas too.

i wanna see an 800hp mk4 vs a P800 gtr
Old 10-02-09, 06:30 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

a stock got no chance vs. busa.
Old 10-02-09, 06:31 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

i wanna see an 800hp mk4 vs a P800 gtr
What exactly was the point of the thread? To show that the GT-R is some sort of unbeatable machine?

I would much rather see the Sportec SPR1M go up against the P800 GT-R. Both have roughly 800HP, and both have AWD.
Old 10-02-09, 08:42 PM
shinmei
Driver School Candidate

no it was to show that the "unmodifiable" GTR is in fact...very modifiable. It is not some unbeatable machine and i in fact absolutely hate straight line crap for the most part. i think if you want to go fast in a straight line then why even bother buying a $90,000 car to modify...save yourself $75,000 and build a domestic, such as turbo'd Foxbody that can run 8s and still be streetable.

i mean really, i just posted a vid of a dumb GTR owner plowing his car into a wall trying to follow an EVO.
Old 10-02-09, 08:54 PM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

Details of this particular car.

All bolt on parts.
Switzer P800 kit
- . SWITZER FUEL INJECTOR KIT
- . ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER
- . SWITZER MONSTER INTERCOOLER KIT
- . SWITZER UPGRADED TURBOCHARGERS
- . HIGH-PRESSURE WASTEGATE ACTUATORS
- . SWITZER P700 CALIBRATION FOR COBB AP
- . SWITZER MAF/INTAKE AND FILTER ASSEMBLY
- . SWITZER HIGH-FLOW TURBO INTAKES FOR SPI MAF
- . INCLUDES P700 PKG
- . SWITZER OFF-ROAD TEST PIPES
- . SWITZER P800 MULTI-FUEL CALIBRATION FOR COBB AP

Transmission.
SSP clutches
PPG first gear.

The most amazing thing about this car and the package is, that you car road race it as well, by simply turning the boost controller off, which bring the HP level down to 550 range. I mean you can do it with the boost controller on, but that just too much HP for the track.
Daily driver, Busa killer, Road racing machine all in one.
Old 10-02-09, 09:54 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

no it was to show that the "unmodifiable" GTR is in fact...very modifiable. It is not some unbeatable machine and i in fact absolutely hate straight line crap for the most part. i think if you want to go fast in a straight line then why even bother buying a $90,000 car to modify...save yourself $75,000 and build a domestic, such as turbo'd Foxbody that can run 8s and still be streetable.

i mean really, i just posted a vid of a dumb GTR owner plowing his car into a wall trying to follow an EVO.
I'm not sure who would actually argue the GT-R is "unmodifiable". Does it have rock solid durability? Not exactly. Is it moddable? Of course, very much so in-fact.

Originally Posted by Jujharoo
Details of this particular car.

All bolt on parts.
Switzer P800 kit
- . SWITZER FUEL INJECTOR KIT
- . ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROLLER
- . SWITZER MONSTER INTERCOOLER KIT
- . SWITZER UPGRADED TURBOCHARGERS
- . HIGH-PRESSURE WASTEGATE ACTUATORS
- . SWITZER P700 CALIBRATION FOR COBB AP
- . SWITZER MAF/INTAKE AND FILTER ASSEMBLY
- . SWITZER HIGH-FLOW TURBO INTAKES FOR SPI MAF
- . INCLUDES P700 PKG
- . SWITZER OFF-ROAD TEST PIPES
- . SWITZER P800 MULTI-FUEL CALIBRATION FOR COBB AP

Transmission.
SSP clutches
PPG first gear.

The most amazing thing about this car and the package is, that you car road race it as well, by simply turning the boost controller off, which bring the HP level down to 550 range. I mean you can do it with the boost controller on, but that just too much HP for the track.
Daily driver, Busa killer, Road racing machine all in one.
I'm no expert, but I believe there are some MK4 modded Supras that are daily driven, Busa killers, and also road racers. I think that there are even some modded R34 GT-Rs that fit this description as well.
Old 10-02-09, 11:17 PM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

I'm no expert, but I believe there are some MK4 modded Supras that are daily driven, Busa killers, and also road racers. I think that there are even some modded R34 GT-Rs that fit this description as well.
All in one?

I highly doubt that.

I've been road racing for a while, I have yet to see a any MK4 supra at the track, let alone a killer one. Most are either drag queens, or dyno queens.
Old 10-03-09, 12:29 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

wow GTR are so gay/overhyped/slow and their transmissions are soooo crappy and made of glass....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTm8a...ayer_embedded#

this is the same guy in the Lingenfelter ZR1 videos (which apparently the GTR was having vacuum line issues at the time)

Nissan Jidousha Ichiban!

I think its funny that you talk **** about the GTR then post a video of it that is nothing but impressive.
Old 10-03-09, 12:52 AM
shinmei
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I think its funny that you talk **** about the GTR then post a video of it that is nothing but impressive.
sarcasm is really hard to convey over the internet lol. the usual forums i frequent are abound with GTR haters so i was just messing with them...

im actually a big nissan fan

Quick Reply: Crappy GTR R35 vs bunch of Hayabusas