Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Crappy GTR R35 vs bunch of Hayabusas

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 05:57 AM
patrickgs3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the nut swinging smiley!
Old 10-03-09, 06:15 AM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
What exactly was the point of the thread? To show that the GT-R is some sort of unbeatable machine?

I would much rather see the Sportec SPR1M go up against the P800 GT-R. Both have roughly 800HP, and both have AWD.
meh, it was a cool video. why the hate?
Old 10-03-09, 09:47 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by shyguy16
meh, it was a cool video. why the hate?
It's obvious TRD Fantasy doesn't like Nissan or the GT-R for that matter and will always find a way to bring it down no matter what but that's ok it's a free country and he's entitled to his own opinion. I love the Supra and the 2jzgte but I give the GT-R it's respect. The dig launches in those videos are incredible and while I believe a 800hp supra will beat that 800hp GT-R up top the Supra will get left from a dig initially.
Old 10-03-09, 03:35 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

I guess when people have no real arguments or content to discuss they just resort to name calling .

For the record, I DO NOT hate the GT-R. I think it's a wonderful achievement, and I have given and will continue to give credit to it where credit is due.

What I hate are certain enthusiasts who act as if the GT-R is some sort of godly, unstoppable machine that has no equal, that can beat any superbike or supercar thrown in it's way.
Old 10-03-09, 03:58 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

No one even said anything about how godly the GT-R is. Most everyone said that particular GT-R was fast which is true.

The response is no different than those when Supra/Viper videos are posted.

It's amazing to most people because this car weighs a porky 4000lb (stock). Even if the bike pulls on it slowly, we'll still all be damn impressed considering it's racing against a Busa.
Old 10-03-09, 04:27 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

A stock GT-R weighs anywhere from 3814-3829 lbs depending on package and trim (from Nissanusa.com).

A stock MK4 Supra turbo weighs about 3450 lbs.

So that is roughly a 400lbs difference between both cars stock, but the GT-R has much more power than a Supra as well as AWD so less traction issues.

Particularly when you get into the realm of modded Supras and modded GT-Rs, AWD will help with traction, as high-HP Supras tend to have traction and launch issues.

That was definitely an impressive video to see, but my point is that a modded GT-R is far from the first modded car to take out a Busa. Modded MK4 Supras were doing this years ago, so why shouldn't a modded GT-R be able to do the same?

That is why, to me, this is not overly impressive.
Old 10-03-09, 04:38 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

You gain traction but lose out on drivetrain drag so it's not necessarily a win-win for the GT-R. But despite it, it's still hanging in there.

No one even said the GT-R was the first modded cars to take on Busas. We all know Supras and Vipers have been there and done that before. Hell muscle cars were here long before Supras were yet it's okay to drool over a bike-pulling Supra?

All I know is that anything that keeps up with a Busa, let alone a bike, is impressive whether it be a GT-R, Supra, or even a baby stroller. Let the Switzer P800 have it's moment because it deserves it.
Old 10-03-09, 04:55 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSteg
No one even said anything about how godly the GT-R is. Most everyone said that particular GT-R was fast which is true.

The response is no different than those when Supra/Viper videos are posted.

It's amazing to most people because this car weighs a porky 4000lb (stock). Even if the bike pulls on it slowly, we'll still all be damn impressed considering it's racing against a Busa.
preach on brutha.
no one said it was unbeatable, and there was no name calling at all.

if anything, there's more posts on the internets poking fun at the gt-r's tranny than singing its praises.

haters, they gonna hate.
Old 10-03-09, 07:07 PM
Jujharoo
Lead Lap

That was definitely an impressive video to see, but my point is that a modded GT-R is far from the first modded car to take out a Busa. Modded MK4 Supras were doing this years ago, so why shouldn't a modded GT-R be able to do the same?

Once again, Bud, this particular car (Switzer P800 package) not only keeps up with super-bikes, but it can also be taken to a road course, as is and then be daily driven, because it drives just like stock.

Very very very few cars are capable of that.

0-60 on this particular car is 2.8 secs. I am saying this in case you are thinking 'well supras can do the same' no, any supra that can keep up with a superbike is most likely to be very laggy and is likely to be a top end car.
2JZ GTEs are amazing engines, but VR35s are on a different level, of course that's because its a brand new technology, when 2JZs are decades old.
Old 10-03-09, 08:42 PM
shinmei
Driver School Candidate

much win in this thread
Old 10-03-09, 08:51 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jujharoo
Once again, Bud, this particular car (Switzer P800 package) not only keeps up with super-bikes, but it can also be taken to a road course, as is and then be daily driven, because it drives just like stock.

Very very very few cars are capable of that.

0-60 on this particular car is 2.8 secs. I am saying this in case you are thinking 'well supras can do the same' no, any supra that can keep up with a superbike is most likely to be very laggy and is likely to be a top end car.
2JZ GTEs are amazing engines, but VR35s are on a different level, of course that's because its a brand new technology, when 2JZs are decades old.
Finally someone has pointed out the painful obvious truth. Welcome to the new millenium! I have never ever seen a heavily moded Supra on a road course and I doubt I will. What u have here gents, is a corner carving, **** hauling, daily driving Super Car. Game Over.
Old 10-03-09, 10:59 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

That Switzer GT-R is fast!
Old 10-03-09, 11:36 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Godzilla is a monster. Haters will only be embarrassed.
Old 10-04-09, 11:36 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

A stock GT-R ........

Of course the GT-R is not the first modded car to take out a Busa, this particular GT-R is the first GT-R to take out a Busa. I'm sure when the first Supra or Viper took out a Busa they got a lot of attention. The R35 GT-R is still a relatively new platform with a lot of attention so any achievements it makes will get noticed. With all the bad press about transmission issues etc people pay even closer attention to what the GT-R can and can't do.