Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car & Driver: Faked - Chevy II vs BMW X6M photo

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-09, 04:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
LOL.. Hell, they could place the X6M next to the space shuttle . There is no denying the performance of this machine.. It already rivals the IS-F & M3 in performance! The vehicle they tested did not even have the launch control.. With launch control, the 0-60 times will drop to 4.1 along with quarter mile times... Insane...
Just b/c you can go from A to double D cups doesn't mean you should Every Euro mag has ragged on it, of course C&D is getting teabagged by BMW.

I do agree, it defies physics and some people will love the vehicle.

Old 10-04-09, 06:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

WOW!!!! I hated them before for the lame BMW bias, but this is a new low. I will never ever buy this magazine again. I did not renew my subscription becuaes they stated that they saw a M3 "dispatch" a GTR. Now even if I was stuck in an airport I still would not even buy this magazine again. I hope they go under. I am surprised that we had to lose magazines like Modified Luxury & Exotic, SCC, etc, but we still have to deal with these morons .
Old 10-04-09, 07:18 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 92 SC400
Did the X6M "Win" in the C&D article?
The X6M won, it was a little over the top, I remember reading how they said they where sitting with the truck idling all day, AC on full blast, and some other BS.

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
LOL.. Hell, they could place the X6M next to the space shuttle . There is no denying the performance of this machine.. It already rivals the IS-F & M3 in performance! The vehicle they tested did not even have the launch control.. With launch control, the 0-60 times will drop to 4.1 along with quarter mile times... Insane...
The GTR had launch control and the trans destroyed itself when used, is this a 1st for BMW with launch control, I wonder what the outcome will be.
Old 10-06-09, 11:07 AM
legit
Pole Position

Heys guys, here's an update look at C&D's serious response. If only I could convert my online 90 issue subscription to cash.

In any case, C/D has issued a reply that includes a heaping helping of the sort of snark made famous by the mysterious "Ed." in the magazine's monthly reader mail section. To wit:

"John Phillips became so attached to the BMW X6M that it - appropriately enough - triggered many irrational responses. One of these was his insistence that we photoshop the BMW beating the clearly superior Chevy Nova. Any attempt to dissuade him - by telling him, for instance, that only an idiot would believe a BMW SUV could beat a purpose-built drag car - just resulted in heated calls to the suicide hotline and even more foaming at the mouth than usual."
http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/05/i...ed-bmw-x6-m-d/

The article was clearly a satire...

Last edited by legit; 10-06-09 at 11:10 AM.
Old 10-06-09, 11:16 AM
LexFather

Thanks for the update...

Old 10-06-09, 11:48 AM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Same photo, different chop.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...agway_photo_21

Last edited by Mister Two; 10-06-09 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-06-09, 01:21 PM
lamar411
Pole Position

Now that I really look at it the chevy's red color looks really brighter then normal... im not gonna buy Car and driver again. I wish edmunds made a magazine.