Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Next generation GTR ( R36 ) already being developed for 2013

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-09, 10:14 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Both Walter Röhrl and Evo mag achieved a 7:28 time with the Carrera GT on the 'Ring. I love how people are comparing the slowest Carrera GT 'Ring time to the fastest GT-R 'Ring time .
Hehe alright then

But even so, as mentioned by GSteg and a few others here, the Carrera GT has 100+ extra ponies and is 360 kilograms lighter than the GTR yet only managed to be one second faster than the R35 (which only had <500 horses and is heavier) with their latest run.......

Hehe hard to believe that Porsche needs more hp and lesser weight just to beat the GT-R.

This is still fail for Porsche.

And they probably deserve it. No offense to Porsche (as I've said in my earlier post) however, their arrogance during the time when their precious 911 Turbo got beaten by a Japanese vehicle was proven when they even refused to acknowledge their defeat.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/30/p...ting-the-ring/

Wow, Porsche was basically crying and *****ing a lot that time. If you want to reclaim glory, then improve performance, not resort to these spoiled-brat tactics.

So yeah, even with this latest time, it still doesn't hold much merit over the R35. 1 second advantage doesn't mean **** if you had to achieve by massively adding horsepower and reducing weight to a hollow shell (whilst your competition does it better despite having lower hp and more weight).

So yeah, nice try Porsche but it ain't good enough yet

P.S.
@Porsche
Come back instead when you've released performance upgrades/improvements to the CGT and/or 911 GT2 (997) and then we'll talk..........

Last edited by Blackraven; 10-12-09 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-12-09, 11:18 AM
F1Driver
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Actually the GT-R is as fast or faster than the CGT:

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?fID...3&viewThread=y
Old 10-12-09, 11:49 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That 7:26/7:27 time has been not confirmed that it was a stock car with stock tires. The fastest confirmed stock time on stock tires is 7:29 for the GT-R.

Anyways, it is a great achievement, but there is something else people are forgetting. Nissan is continually updating the GT-R every year. That 7:29 time was set thanks to continual updates and tweaking to the GT-R.

The Carrera GT was released 5 years ago *AS IS*. If Porsche was still producing the CGT, and had updated it, then the GT would have been achieved a better time than it has.

Then you have cars like the Ferrari Enzo. It is 7 years old, it was released *as is* and had no updates just like the Carrera GT. The GT-R's performance still pales in comparison to the Enzo.

I also agree with other posters that it is silly to argue about performance on just ONE track. Since it was not me though who originally brought up this silly argument, and since it is usually GT-R supporters who incessantly bring up 'Ring numbers, I will continue these arguments.

On a different track, or in a straight line a Carrera GT will still easily take out a GT-R. In top speed alone, it is no contest.

I guess GT-R fans cling to only 'Ring times, because that is one of the only things the GT-R can match the Carrera GT in.

Also I love how people purposely compare cars that are NOT the GT-R's direct competition.

The GT-R's direct competition is the ZR-1. The GT-R is not THAT amazing, considering the ZR-1 offers more performance than the GT-R.

Yes, the GT-R is a stunning achievement, we ALL get it. It is NOT however some omnipotent supercar that is superior to all. How many more "the GT-R is so amazing" threads will continue to be posted on CL, a Lexus community ?

Last edited by TRDFantasy; 10-12-09 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-12-09, 12:41 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blackraven
Hehe alright then

But even so, as mentioned by GSteg and a few others here, the Carrera GT has 100+ extra ponies and is 360 kilograms lighter than the GTR yet only managed to be one second faster than the R35 (which only had <500 horses and is heavier) with their latest run.......

Hehe hard to believe that Porsche needs more hp and lesser weight just to beat the GT-R.

This is still fail for Porsche.

*snip*
******blah blah blah blah*****
I think that you fail to realize it is easier to drive a 4wheel drive ps3 around a grueling track than a mid engined rwd exotic supercar
Old 10-12-09, 12:45 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Yes, the GT-R is a stunning achievement, we ALL get it. It is NOT however some omnipotent supercar that is superior to all. How many more "the GT-R is so amazing" threads will continue to be posted on CL, a Lexus community ?
Many many more, as even when the LF-A puts it to shame and hangs it out to dry, they will still continue with cries of "It's 1/5th the price".

The GT-R is a fairly amazing car, but seriously;
1- I wish Nissan would be more honest about it's specs and circumstances regarding it's lap times
2- I wish it was lighter
3- I wish people would just shut up about it.
Old 10-12-09, 02:19 PM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Yes it is.

Performance-wise, the GT-R does the job.

Exotic exclusivity? The Carrera GT puts it to shame.
You get the of the day.
Old 10-12-09, 03:47 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR_F1
Many many more, as even when the LF-A puts it to shame and hangs it out to dry, they will still continue with cries of "It's 1/5th the price".

The GT-R is a fairly amazing car, but seriously;
1- I wish Nissan would be more honest about it's specs and circumstances regarding it's lap times
2- I wish it was lighter
3- I wish people would just shut up about it.
Agreed on all accounts.

I think from now on, for every new "GT-R is amazing" thread on CL, I might possibly start posting a "ZR-1 is amazing" thread as a counter .

Seriously though, it makes you wonder, why is the GT-R getting SO much praise in comparison to the ZR-1? The ZR-1 I feel should be getting *just as much* praise as the GT-R, if not more.
Old 10-12-09, 04:20 PM
Oleg400
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Agreed on all accounts.

I think from now on, for every new "GT-R is amazing" thread on CL, I might possibly start posting a "ZR-1 is amazing" thread as a counter .

Seriously though, it makes you wonder, why is the GT-R getting SO much praise in comparison to the ZR-1? The ZR-1 I feel should be getting *just as much* praise as the GT-R, if not more.
Because I8ABMR just likes the gt-r.