Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

List your Top 10: Best Cars of the 2000s!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-09, 11:18 AM
ekc
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My List, in no particular order:

Honda S2000 (AP1)
Nissan GTR
Toyota Prius (2nd Gen)
BMW X6
Mercedes Benz C-Class (Current Gen)
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO (VIII & IX)
Porsche Cayman S
Mazda MX-5 / Miata (2nd & 3rd Gen)
Hyundai Genesis
Lexus GS (Current Gen): Hey, of course it's on the list. That's what I drive...haha...
Old 10-08-09, 01:48 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

In no particular order

GT-R because it set the standard of performance, comfort and all at a reasonable price. The Playstation generation will feel at home in this car.

Veyron - Well it set the standard for cars in general and shows that even with ever tightening restrictions, it is still possible to build a hypercar

Prius - Thrice in this decade it's managed to take a leap forward and push the leading edge of hybrid technology. It has also gone from niche to mainstream in that short time span.

LS - Sets the standard for the luxury class combining fuel economy, opulence and value all wrapped in Lexus reliability and quality

Genesis - Hyundai's first foray into the luxury market with V6 and V8 versions powering the rear wheels. While it may not have the fine details of its competitors, it certainly has the looks, the feel and the goodies to compete well. Top it off with an outstanding price and you can see why it's landed a spot here

Nano - Ratan Tata shows the world that you can build affordable transportation. It may not meet the standards of the first world but it certainly beats carrying a family of 4 or 5 on a scooter with the added benefit of a roof for those rainy days

MINI - Revived as a brand on its own, BMW has successfully captured the essence of the original Mini. It certainly is a giant compared to the original but it keeps the fun factor, nippyness, fuel efficiency while carrying 4 in reasonable comfort. The retro-styled interior certainly adds to its appeal.

2010 Ford Taurus - While still new, this car certainly has much more appeal than the ill-fated 500. Ford is aggressively pushing the new Taurus with new engines (incl. a SHO version) and equipment. It doesn't hurt that it has moved upmarket a bit as the Fusion has filled in the void left by the old Taurus. It's only real competitor may be the next one listed...

Buick LaCrosse - Buick is usually known for its ride and classic style and thankfully GM has realised that and the latest iteration might be the best Buick design yet. The interior is classic American with large comfy seats and an expansive dashboard. The exterior looks more solid than the last Lucerne and harkens back to the Park Avenue.

350Z/370Z - Nissan was right when it said "The Z is back". It certainly has held its ground well against the S2000 and RX-8. It combines style and substance that appeals to the enthusiast as well as the casual observer. No doubt that the latest one will carry Nissan's sports car torch well into the next decade.

Last edited by Nextourer; 10-10-09 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-08-09, 09:33 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Honda S2000
Awesome driving experience. Relatively light weight, high revving 2.0 4 banger, wind in you hair experience. Win.

Lexus LS 430
Luxury done right. Reliable as an anvil, smooth as silk, understated class.

Bugatti Veyron
Excess personified. Not really my cup of tea, but you just have gotta love 4 turbos, 16 cylinders, 400km/h. Pure opulence. THE definition of rocket sled.

Aston Martin DB9
One of the most beautiful cars EVER. Need I say more?

Get back to you later with the other 6...........
Old 10-09-09, 05:26 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

NO particular order.

Acura NSX
Honda S2000
BMW 335
Lexus LS430
Lexus GS430
Mercedes CLK
Infiniti G35/37
BMW M3
Audi R8
Porsche Cayman
Old 10-09-09, 05:45 AM
sphy1005
Instructor

G35
03'-04' m45
Gtr
Caymen
S2000
Odyssey (i know its a van but still nice)
Cls
Is-F
LS430/460
Corvette
Old 10-09-09, 06:25 AM
Pitman
Rookie

Audi B5 A4 - Should've been my first car, one day will probably fork over $2K just to say I owned it, so that part of me will be fulfilled. I simply just love this car. I can't explain something about it, I just love it.

Acura TL - 3rd Gen (04 - 08) - Great Design. I never noticed Acura until they debuted this TL, before I bought my G, I went to various Acura dealerships with the mindset of purchasing, unfortunately the TL just isn't the best bang for your buck.

Infiniti V36 G35-37 Sedan - Best car in this category for the price. Has everything needed plus the performance on this puppy is top notch. (Unbiased)

BMW Current 3-Series - Truthfully, I thought this car was overrated until I sat behind the steering wheel. Speechless... especially the 335i

BMW Current M3 - If I didn't have a "saving mentality" I would've made this purchase plus the Euro Delivery. Its beyond worth the $$$, but I like my healthy looking bank account.

Aston Martin DB9 - "Mama I made it"

Porsche 911 Turbo - My holy grail of cars.

Range Rover - As much as I HATE trucks, this beast is the perfect winter vehicle imo. Whenever the day comes when I'm forced to buy one for the horrific winters, my one, and only stop will be @ the Land Rover dealership.

Bentley GT - Unfortunately this car has been used and abused by the Hip Hop industry, but beyond that I'm inspired whenever I see one being driven.

9 out of 10 aint bad.
Old 10-09-09, 07:29 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

In no particular order

Toyota Prius
Lexus RX
Infiniti G35
Lexus LS
BMW 3-Series
Mazda 3
Lexus IS
Toyota Highlander
BMW 7-Series
Nissan GT-R
Old 10-09-09, 08:21 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

In no particular order

Porsche Carrera GT - my fav. exotic
Porsche Cayman S - mid-engine & handles better than 911
Aston Martin DBS - most beautiful car in the world.
Audi R8 - amazing car in both performance & design
Nissan GT-R - amazing performance for the money
Lexus LS460L - best overall package of luxury, technology, quality and reliability.
C6 Z06/ZR-1 - looks way better than the GT-R, with comparable performance
BMW M3 coupe
Honda S2000
Mercedes SL-class(the most recent couple of model years only, with improved reliability)