Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2010 Camry Project: D2FORGED Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-09, 10:23 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good looking Camry. The finish is awesome on the white.

Even with a body kit and being lowered, the Camry's design looks like it is riding so high and top heavy.
Old 10-11-09, 11:19 PM
SurfsUP
Pole Position

Very nice wheels!

The front of the new Camry looks strange to me, looks like someone melted the center grill and bumper.
Old 10-11-09, 11:51 PM
Hoovey689

Received 125 Likes on 83 Posts

Wow those wheels really make the Camry standout. Nice work!
Old 10-12-09, 01:09 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Its like being the king of nothing. Worked camrys belong in high school parking lots . I wouldnt look twice. Its a nice camary. That would catch my eye, but I wouldnt look twice other than to say who worked a camary???
Old 10-12-09, 01:12 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 169 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Its like being the king of nothing. Worked camrys belong in high school parking lots . I wouldnt look twice. Its a nice camary. That would catch my eye, but I wouldnt look twice other than to say who worked a camary???
I once had a friend who owned a black Camry. He named her "Rosie." And he spelled it, "Camery." I'll never forget that.
Old 10-12-09, 01:18 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Again with the snobbish comments. It doesn't matter if it's a Camry, it's a great looking car. At a quick glance it could be identified as a 3GS.

It could use at least another inch of drop. It looks so high off the ground even with the OEM lip kit. I really like how the new Camry SE's look with the new front end and LED tails.
Old 10-12-09, 06:36 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Oh man, thanks for the kind responses guys. I just can't wait to see this car complete, with some mods that will tie in and give is a semi black and white theme.

Some of you want to see the car lower? lol, you guys are crazy, you want to see this thing tucking. Maybe we will slam it for the first show of the season, there is a TON of height adjustment with the D2RACING coillovers.
Old 10-12-09, 06:37 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I once had a friend who owned a black Camry. He named her "Rosie." And he spelled it, "Camery." I'll never forget that.
LMAO I have an aunt that use to do that same thing, CAMERY
Old 10-12-09, 06:47 AM
Milla...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a big fan of these cars although I think its are the best looking generation. Love the wheels and stance. Pictures are a little dark though.
Old 10-12-09, 06:58 AM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

I didn't plan on responding to this post but I think I have found a diplomatic way to counter your position.

There are car enthusiast that no matter what type of car they own they can still appreciate when someone else has built a car worth some recognition. Most of the guys on this forum are exactly as explained above; therefore they are expressing positive feedback about a nice looking car.

To put things in prospective for you, this is still a brand new fully loaded car with a sticker price of $35,000. Last time I looked a 2007 3gen GS can be had for approx the same money, so there really isn’t a reason you should be looking down on this camry.

I hope this helps you to understand why we picked a camry to be "worked".
Old 10-12-09, 07:02 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
I didn't plan on responding to this post but I think I have found a diplomatic way to counter your position.

There are car enthusiast that no matter what type of car they own they can still appreciate when someone else has built a car worth some recognition. Most of the guys on this forum are exactly as explained above; therefore they are expressing positive feedback about a nice looking car.

To put things in prospective for you, this is still a brand new fully loaded car with a sticker price of $35,000. Last time I looked a 2007 3gen GS can be had for approx the same money, so there really isn’t a reason you should be looking down on this camry.

Amen... IMO a nice looking Camry
Old 10-12-09, 07:39 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Stefwilli

Amen x2

Old 10-12-09, 02:58 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Camry, I'll keep my eye in this thread on how to mod my own. That kit isn't half bad actually
Old 10-12-09, 06:11 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for all the kind words, we really appreciate it!

This car is owned by the same person that had the grey one that we posted a month or so ago. He got into a 2010 because the car works well for him.

When we put these wheels on the car, I started thinking about a damn Camry! lol

Car guys can appreciate ALL cars, and we are car guys!
Old 10-12-09, 08:24 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

WOW... wheels can even make a camry look good... nice looking car man!!

Quick Reply: 2010 Camry Project: D2FORGED Wheels