Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Cadillac Sales Tactics?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-09, 06:49 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
Ahem, you're in the RX forum. Wonder why. Tell me, how many guys with an RX in there? Huh? Huh? I think you're just jealous because we discovered the RX before you did
Actually, wife wife use to drive a RX. Its a great car, but its just not for me. There are many guys in the RX forum because generally there are more guys in car forum to start with. Also most guys who are there are like me, their wife drives the RX and they are in car forum gathering information.

At least you drive a RX hybrid, thats a little better I guess
Old 10-14-09, 09:11 AM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just saw tv ad that cts offer 0% finance for 72months...wow
Old 10-14-09, 10:06 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Actually, wife wife use to drive a RX. Its a great car, but its just not for me. There are many guys in the RX forum because generally there are more guys in car forum to start with. Also most guys who are there are like me, their wife drives the RX and they are in car forum gathering information.

My wife drives the RX and it's a bit of less of a 'chick car' than the RAV4 she had before.
I read somewhere that around 90% of RX's are mainly driven by women.
So...........
The RX is the Miata of crossovers.

Last edited by Joeb427; 10-14-09 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-14-09, 10:51 AM
LexFather

You are trying to prove Clarkson right with every post?
Originally Posted by Joeb427
My wife drives the RX and it's a bit of less of a 'chick car' than the RAV4 she had before.
I read somewhere that around 90% of RX's are mainly driven by women.
So...........
The RX is the Miata of crossovers.
Its 60/40 last I read. I would drive an RX with no issue again in regards to its image.

Old 10-14-09, 11:04 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Its 60/40 last I read. I would drive an RX with no issue again in regards to its image.
No doubt 90% is high but it's definitely more than 60%.Do your own count on the road.
My 335 is a garage queen used on nice weather weekends so I drive the RX a lot.No biggie.
Old 10-14-09, 11:09 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Joeb427
No doubt 90% is high but it's definitely more than 60%.Do your own count on the road.
My 335 is a garage queen used on nice weather weekends so I drive the RX a lot.No biggie.
There is no denying that no matter what Lexus has done, it still appeals to women. Which is fine, clearly professional women love it. As a man its attention to detail, technology and the new dash really appeal to me. I also love the fact its full of UTILITY.

Not sure why people want to stereotype the RX (and over and over and over) when stereotypes can be made for all vehicles.

Old 10-14-09, 12:39 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Its not stereotyping when almost every RX on the road is driven by a woman. Pay attention on the raod to the RX you see and do a head count over time.
The ratio from the motor registry may indicate a 60/40 ratio, but we all know that a lot of these RX are bought by the husband for their wives. I think that Lexus commerical with the big bow on top of the RX by itself sold thousands of RX which was bought by the husband as a gift to the wife.
Old 10-14-09, 12:47 PM
LexFather

Its not stereotyping when almost every RX on the road is driven by a woman. Pay attention on the raod to the RX you see and do a head count over time.
The ratio from the motor registry may indicate a 60/40 ratio, but we all know that a lot of these RX are bought by the husband for their wives. I think that Lexus commerical with the big bow on top of the RX by itself sold thousands of RX which was bought by the husband as a gift to the wife.
You are not announcing some new find. You also are repeating in in CarChat and the RX forum over and over. We get the memo.

Would you like me to post Audi stereotypes over and over on an Audi forum?

The OP asked about a Caddy sales experience, you came in to comment how its a chick's car which has NOTHING to do with the topic.

Old 10-14-09, 01:12 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

You are not announcing some new find. You also are repeating in in CarChat and the RX forum over and over. We get the memo.

Would you like me to post Audi stereotypes over and over on an Audi forum?

The OP asked about a Caddy sales experience, you came in to comment how its a chick's car which has NOTHING to do with the topic.
I apologize for side tracking the topic, but I was simply follow the flow. The OP said the Caddy salesman give his mother false info regarding the RX. He also state that his father did not want to buy the RX, and I stated that most male do not like to drive the RX, notice I said most, not all.
Let’s get back on topic about Caddy’s sales tactics. Desperate times calls for desperate action, The OP said that the Caddy dealer had over 70 SRX on the lot. That’s the problem with American car makers, they over produce. The Japanese and the Europeans are much better at inventory control. The problem with over producing, especially with a luxury brand, is that over stock cheapen the brand's image.
Old 10-14-09, 05:35 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 170 Likes on 144 Posts

One final note on the RX chick car stereotype. It's 50/50 around me for all the gen RXs so definitely does not apply here. Instead, the IS could be considered the 'chick car.'

Well, the verdict is not in yet. The SRX goes back tomorrow. Maybe my parents will come home with a new one and no, it won't be from the lousy Cadillac dealer they dealt with before. Funny thing is we both drive 40 miles or more to our dealers because the local ones are lousy. No respect. Obviously it was proven true once again.

G Man, I agree with your comment about "desperate times call for desperate action." American car companies didn't empty their lots like their foreign counterparts during the cash for clunkers program. But bottom line, it doesn't excuse the behavior by the Cadillac sales manager. He has no credibility. And I'm sure he won't last long. Guys like him, and there are exceptions, are a dime a thousand.
Old 10-15-09, 04:02 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

One final note on the RX chick car stereotype. It's 50/50 around me for all the gen RXs so definitely does not apply here. Instead, the IS could be considered the 'chick car.'

Yes,the IS is considered to be a 'chick car' also.
A couple of years ago the wife had a RAV4 and I had a IS 250AWD.

Double 'chick cars'.
Old 10-15-09, 06:26 AM
LexFather

If the IS is a chicks car so is the 3 series, C-class, G37, TL, A4 and everything else I've seen women driving..

sigh.....

Old 10-15-09, 06:49 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

If the IS is a chicks car so is the 3 series, C-class, G37, TL, A4 and everything else I've seen women driving..

sigh.....

There's no denying that majority of drivers of both the IS 250 and RX are female.Does that really bother me?No,but it is fact.
The other models you mention do have female drivers no doubt but not as many as an IS or RX.
Heck,I bought the IS from my daughter when she became pregnant and the car seat thing doesn't work well in a IS.BTW,she drives an RX 350.Son in law a '10 535.
Do you agree a Miata is a 'chick car'?
Old 10-15-09, 11:18 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

G Man, I agree with your comment about "desperate times call for desperate action." American car companies didn't empty their lots like their foreign counterparts during the cash for clunkers program. But bottom line, it doesn't excuse the behavior by the Cadillac sales manager. He has no credibility. And I'm sure he won't last long. Guys like him, and there are exceptions, are a dime a thousand.

For all you know, that sales manager might be on his way out anyways if he doesnt start selling cars. There have been many times when I bought my car from a far away dealer and do my maintenance in the dealer closer to me. You will find that sometimes, even in the same dealership, the buying and servicing experience are totally different.