Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Why the Corvette's days are numbered

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-10, 09:41 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
awwwe, don't fret -- I'm just Go-ogling information that's available in black in white for all to see...sorry to burst your bubble
Nobody, and I mean nobody here is disputing the performance attributes of the car.

Interior quality has been brought up multiple times here and yes, it could be improved. That is a proven and given regardless if you want to admit it or not. Your response on the interior is that it is 'fine'.

Safety, which is my primary concern (and again I am a Corvette fan) is not something the Corvette is or has been known for. This is the sacrifice of driving this car.

To others: We have to keep in mind the Corvette is a performance vehicle and for a budget price-for some. This is a car that does not sell like a family sedan so the margin must be higher in order for GM to make a profit. So whether the car is worth the price of admission is dependent on what your opinion of value is. Further, in order to keep the car as lite as it is, sacrifices in areas had to be made such as safety and interior creature comfort.
Could the Corvette be made stronger and with a nicer interior? Sure it could, but at a cost and as someone else here put it, sales for Corvettes have always been generally decent considering the niche market.

Bottom line: The Corvette is not going anywhere just the same as GM is not going anywhere (don't get me started on bailouts here).
The Vette will continue to improve in all areas and will be a competitive sports car for years to come.

End of story.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 01-05-10 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-05-10, 09:47 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the end of story. I see the Vette continuing to appeal to a select group of buyers that have unique priorities not shared by all that shop in this price range.