Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

WOW!The attractive Kizashi picks up the ball dropped by the Acura TSX & Subaru Legacy

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-09, 12:20 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

damn it seems like everyone is integrating their exhaust tips into the bumpers like the LS
Old 10-24-09, 12:43 AM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well to be fair the ls wasn't the first w/ that.
Old 10-24-09, 05:46 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

This was mentioned earlier, Motorweek says, "these great looking chrome outlets look like exhausts but they are just for show".
Old 10-24-09, 06:29 AM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw this car on Motorweek as well. It's a really good effort on Suzuki's part. I think the layout of the interior beats any new Honda out right now. Honda definitely takes the award for most buttons on the center stack.
Old 10-24-09, 12:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

for 20k it's awesome. but besides the nice looks, it doesn't seem like an awesome vehicle (per motorweek's show). why would anyone buy a corolla?
Old 10-26-09, 08:13 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a few cars to-date that integrate CVT with a 4WD/AWD platform. Thankfully this car is one of them.

I think Suzuki did a good job with this one
Old 10-26-09, 03:06 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I definitely want to at least review this car (and, if possible, plan to do so even if I don't get any formal CL requests), but Suzuki seems to have a serious issue with dealer locations....seems like you have to drive 100 miles (or more) just to find one nowadays.

Suzuki's smaller SX-4 is a superb value for an rock-bottom priced, entry-level AWD vehicle. If the Kizashi itself is anywhere near that kind of value, it will definitely be worth looking at.
Old 10-26-09, 04:03 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Looks like a VW.

I wonder if it's about the same reliability wise
Old 10-26-09, 05:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Faymester
Looks like a VW.

I wonder if it's about the same reliability wise
Suzukis, in general, are notably more reliabile than VWs, especially in the area of electronics. However, several American-market Suzuki products are not true Suzuki designs, but are built for Suzuki by Daewoo, a South Korean company.
Old 10-27-09, 10:16 AM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

^I don't think you could ever possibly make a statement like that. VW manufactures vehicles that are much more electronically intensive than a small and simple Suzuki on the Japanese market.
Old 10-27-09, 11:16 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by FKL
^I don't think you could ever possibly make a statement like that. VW manufactures vehicles that are much more electronically intensive than a small and simple Suzuki on the Japanese market.
"I don't think you could ever possibly make a statement like that". Really that is how we talk to MMarshall. Lets flip it around.

"I don't think you could ever possibly make a statement like that"

VWs are econo cars in most of the world, just as simple. 70% sold are subcompacts. Polos etc. Most are simple.

Now can we all go back to talking about the SUZUKI and now VWs?

Last edited by LexFather; 10-27-09 at 11:24 AM.

Old 10-27-09, 12:23 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Stop using your personal vendetta to derail the thread with meaningless bs. Once again what you sais has zero semblence of reality. Suzuki makes small cars, Vw Group makes the Phaeton to the R8.

Last edited by FKL; 10-27-09 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-27-09, 12:47 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by FKL
Stop using your personal vendetta to derail the thread with meaningless bs. Once again what you sais has zero semblence of reality. Suzuki makes small cars, Vw Group makes the Phaeton to the R8.
As a moderator I told you to not use a condescending tone towards MMarshall, a well respected member here. Now you are playing victim in this thread. The only personal vendetta is YOURS, leveraging VW in every single thread and post here.

This thread is about the new SUZUKI, this is not a thread to post VW and defend VW. So what if someone says it looks like a VW or has better electronics than VW? You don't "diss' a member for their opinion and in MMarshall's case a VERY VALUED one.

This is not about the VW group, its about VW. 70% of the VWs sold are not Phaetons (that we all know no one bought), they are subcompacts. They are Suzuki competition in this segment. This car battles the Jetta/Bora.

These are the rules you agreed to when you signed up.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...faq_moderators
Club Lexus Moderators are a group of volunteers to help facilitate discussion on Club Lexus and they interpret and enforce our forum rules. They should not be argued with in public when enforcing forum rules and guidelines. All members are welcome to speak with the moderators about their concerns in a polite and calm manner in private. If you have a complaint, you can contact the administrator. Ongoing public complaints about warnings and infractions you may receive from a forum moderator are not allowed and should be discussed via private message only with the moderator or administrator. Infractions and warnings can only be viewed by the individual who receives them and the moderator team. Once an issue is resolved, please learn from and move on from it. Do not smart off to moderators. They are here by choice alone, and have been bestowed the privilege of maintaining this wonderful site, and acting on direct authority from the Owner and Administrator himself to enforce the rules, regulations, etiquette, and desired environment. Harassment of moderators and administrators either on or off-site of Club Lexus may result in immediate suspension of your access to our forum. If you have any questions, concerns, comments, or issues with a moderator or a moderator decision, DO NOT create a post, please contact an administrator via PM or at info@ClubLexus.com.

At this point EXIT this thread, it is about SUZUKI, not VW.