Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GTR or GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-09, 11:38 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaseman
GT-3, hands down. It's much more of a 'drivers car' than the GTR. There's something to be said for that.
How is it more of a drivers' car?
Old 10-19-09, 12:42 PM
jaseman
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FisforFast
How is it more of a drivers' car?
Not having driven either, but from impressions I've gathered from others who have...

The Porsche is a bit more visceral and raw in the driving experience. Where the Nissan has a little bit more of a sterile, disconnected feel. Both perform very well at the limits, but one requires more of your attention and focus than the other.

The Porsche seems to be more of a living, breathing animal, while the Nissan is much more mechanical and matter-of-fact. When driving near the limits of the two, this makes the Porsche more rewarding to the driving enthusiast, as it takes more skill to keep things under control.

The overall impression I get is that anyone (relatively speaking) can drive the GTR fast, but the Porsche demands more from you, but delivers back in spades.

Again, just what I've heard, read and been told. Unfortunately, that's all I have to base my opinion off of, as the chances of me taking one to the track anytime soon are pretty slim.
Old 10-19-09, 05:58 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

For the race track-GT3
For the street- GT-R
Old 10-19-09, 06:44 PM
NO1ZX6R
Rookie

GT3 - no comparison. one's a pure sports car and the other is more of a (very sporty) GT car.
Old 10-19-09, 06:49 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by jaseman
Not having driven either, but from impressions I've gathered from others who have...

The Porsche is a bit more visceral and raw in the driving experience. Where the Nissan has a little bit more of a sterile, disconnected feel. Both perform very well at the limits, but one requires more of your attention and focus than the other.

The Porsche seems to be more of a living, breathing animal, while the Nissan is much more mechanical and matter-of-fact. When driving near the limits of the two, this makes the Porsche more rewarding to the driving enthusiast, as it takes more skill to keep things under control.

The overall impression I get is that anyone (relatively speaking) can drive the GTR fast, but the Porsche demands more from you, but delivers back in spades.

Again, just what I've heard, read and been told. Unfortunately, that's all I have to base my opinion off of, as the chances of me taking one to the track anytime soon are pretty slim.
Good points. At least you didn't use the lack of a manual gearbox in the GT-R, because that would have been so 1999.
Old 10-19-09, 06:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

based on the current post on the 1 year review of GTR reliability with 700 hp tune and zero reliability issues, I again would have to say I am into the GTR. The GT3 will give natural and balanced handling but, the GTR provides more grip and is able to produce ungodly power with very little investment and will still provide bullet proof performance. Its a design and engineering marvel and it dirt cheap on top of it.
Old 10-19-09, 07:21 PM
jaseman
Pole Position

But it's still "drive-by-wire" which kills it for me. At least for the purposes of this comparison.