Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2011 Kia Cadenza (our Amanti)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-09, 09:22 PM
LexFather

Post 2011 Kia Cadenza (our Amanti)

http://www.thecarblogger.net/2....html

Kia today released the first official picture of the production version of its KND-5 concept car. The sedan will be known as the ‘Cadenza’ in markets outside Korea and will make its debut at the Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Dubai International auto shows towards the end of 2009.

The Cadenza will eventually come to the United States badged as the redesigned Amanti sedan.

“New Cadenza will showcase the continuing evolution in Kia’s striking design language through the harmonious blend of light and lines,” said Soon-Nam Lee, Director of the Overseas Marketing Group, Kia Motors Corporation. ”It will also present a new concept in luxury sedans in terms of performance and technology.”

Quote, originally posted by Kia »
Kia reveals name of all-new luxury sedan

(Seoul) October 18, 2009 – Kia Motors Corporation has unveiled the first official picture and export market name of the production version of its KND-5 concept car – an all-new sedan designed to satisfy drivers’ desire for refinement, safety and emotional satisfaction by creating ‘ideal’ driving conditions.

The stylish luxury sedan, which is to be called ‘Cadenza’ in markets outside of Korea, will make its overseas premiere at the Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Dubai international motor shows, towards the end of the year.

The Cadenza name is derived from an Italian musical term used to describe an elaborate, ornamental flourish for a concerto or aria. It perfectly symbolizes the dynamic sedan’s striking design philosophy and upscale image.

Sporty and sleek in appearance, Cadenza features a bold headlamp design with attention-grabbing LED surrounds and a purposeful, athletic character line. The prominent front grille and stylish taillights emphasize the car’s high- tech feel and are a continuing expression of Kia’s dramatic design DNA.

On the inside, there is a futuristic ‘floating’ dashboard that highlights Kia’s uniquely innovative design approach. The welcome system turns on the exterior puddle and interior lights to ‘greet’ the car owner, while the interior mood lighting strip, which runs along the dashboard to the door trim, creates a warm atmosphere within the vehicle.

Kia Cadenza’s dynamic design and driving performance, allied with a raft of competitive passenger-friendly high-tech features, will make it a leader in the large, luxury sedan market segment.
Available new technologies will include a heated steering wheel (for winter driving in cold markets), powered extendable seat cushions (for extra thigh support), automatic defogging of the windshield and ventilated front seats (for cool comfort in hot markets).

http://www.egmcartech.com/2009...e-u-s/

Old 10-18-09, 10:38 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The front looks like the new tauraus, which isnt bad because the tauraus is a good looking car. I find it funny because the current amanti is a knock of the E class and now its a knock off a tauraus. lOOLz
Old 10-18-09, 11:31 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bad co
The front looks like the new tauraus, which isnt bad because the tauraus is a good looking car. I find it funny because the current amanti is a knock of the E class and now its a knock off a tauraus. lOOLz

it looks nothing like a taurus.

check out the taurus pics

I think this looks better than the new sonata and the refreshed ES350

what if.........

Last edited by dunnojack; 10-18-09 at 11:45 PM.
Old 10-19-09, 12:13 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack

what if.........
I'd buy it! haha .... maybe
Old 10-19-09, 12:16 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

DAMN!!!!!!!! The Koreans are getting aggressive . Its looking like they are serious players who have the big guys in their sites. I am very impressed by KIA and Hyundai. I am excited to see the products that they will be turning out over the next 10 years
Old 10-19-09, 12:48 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

this is the face of the new genericmobile.
Old 10-19-09, 07:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

everything a chevy should be.

looking good.

dunnojack, took a while to figure out what you did, with the grill, but damn you're good at PS!
Old 10-19-09, 09:07 AM
djestouff
Driver School Candidate

has VW/Audi written all over it, especially that side profile
Old 10-19-09, 09:14 AM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dunnojack

what if.........
ummmmmmmmm

Old 10-19-09, 09:19 AM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

More like:

or...

The Amanti has always copied the look of a Jaguar. On that note, the Koreans really need to get their own styling cues... this is getting old.
Old 10-19-09, 09:51 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Huge improvement, no matter what anybody thinks it resembles. It's not a complete copy of any one single car.
Old 10-19-09, 10:01 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

That is an akward front grille and headlamps. Otherwise, it looks clean, with a generic "subtle Euro" look to it. The rear in particular looks quite bland, and this car lacks detailed touches. I don't think it will age very well and will likely be confused for other brands on the streets.
Old 10-19-09, 11:54 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Huge improvement, no matter what anybody thinks it resembles. It's not a complete copy of any one single car.
True, but the styling strongly reminds one of the current LS460...which, perhaps, is not surprising, as this is Kia's own sedan flagship.

Since the Amati is dropped in the U.S. market for 2010, maybe we will see this car here next year.

As far as an "improvement" goes, I guess that's subjective. The 1Gen Amati had, IMO, classy styling.....strong overtones of a Mercedes front end, Jaguar body stying, and a Lincoln Town Car rear end. It was smooth and comfortable, but was hugely undersprung/undertired in the chassis department....it rolled on corners like a 1970s Buick, squealed the tires loudly, and was, IMO, almost dangerous on a sharped-curve, winding road at all but quite low speeds. (I test-drove one but did not write it up). The 2Gen model brought some minor body/interior changes and some civility to the handling, but at the cost of some ride comfort (on request, I did write up the 2Gen model, but briefly).

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-19-09 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-19-09, 12:05 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall

As far as an "improvement" goes, I guess that's subjective. The 1Gen Amati had, IMO, classy styling.....strong overtones of a Mercedes front end, Jaguar body stying, and a Lincoln Town Car rear end.
Agreed, styling is so subjective.

But in terms of calling 1gen Amanti styling "classy", what can I say besides eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww..

I guess our taste in styling is like night and day different, even though our age brackets are close.
Old 10-19-09, 12:10 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

I always thought the previous/current gen Amanti looked like something a Soviet official in the 50's and 60's would ride around in.

There's a good reason they didn't sell very well.....

Quick Reply: 2011 Kia Cadenza (our Amanti)