Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Koenigsegg CCX ordered (ownage inside, guy is a fraud..no car ordered..proof inside)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-09, 12:05 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I guess business is really good if you can buy a half milllion dollar car on impulse. I must say, you have some big *****, 800+ HP with a manual tranny. I would think you might want to keep both hands on the steering all the time with that much power, also, when you get up to those kind of HP numbers, there is no way you can manually shift that thing as well as the computer can.
Old 10-27-09, 12:10 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
I guess business is really good if you can buy a half milllion dollar car on impulse. I must say, you have some big *****, 800+ HP with a manual tranny. I would think you might want to keep both hands on the steering all the time with that much power, also, when you get up to those kind of HP numbers, there is no way you can manually shift that thing as well as the computer can.
It was not bought on impulse, even though it seems like it. Like I said, I was looking for some SLR's still on Mercedes lots but couldn't find any at a reasonable price. I instead got something custom-made, for the same cash, and it's truly unique. And no, you can't shift as good as the computer but regardless, the computer can't free rev those 800 hp for you.
Old 10-27-09, 12:21 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats! btw, you sure you are allowed to import this into canada? there are strict rules governing the import of vehicles; but i'm sure you are aware of that.
Old 10-27-09, 12:42 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Stormforge
congrats! btw, you sure you are allowed to import this into canada? there are strict rules governing the import of vehicles; but i'm sure you are aware of that.
Our family has a nice piece of property in the state of Florida, in the Indian Rocks Beach/John's Pass area. The car will thus be registered stateside. It would be far too complicated and expensive to import the car into Canada... the Cash and Cars Lottery imported one to give away as a prize here in Canada, and it cost them more than $1 mil. when all was said and done. I will soon be spending my winters down in Florida to take care of the businesses we are opening there.

When the summer comes, the car will be shipped up to Plattsburgh International Airport, where I will be picking it up and driving it across the border into Canada and enjoying it all summer. When the winter comes, the car will be shipped back down to Clearwater International Airport. It's already a big scheme, this car. Most people who own supercars here in Canada do this... it costs much less to register and insure.

Last edited by FisforFast; 10-27-09 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-27-09, 03:12 PM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FisforFast
Our family has a nice piece of property in the state of Florida, in the Indian Rocks Beach/John's Pass area. The car will thus be registered stateside. It would be far too complicated and expensive to import the car into Canada... the Cash and Cars Lottery imported one to give away as a prize here in Canada, and it cost them more than $1 mil. when all was said and done. I will soon be spending my winters down in Florida to take care of the businesses we are opening there.

When the summer comes, the car will be shipped up to Plattsburgh International Airport, where I will be picking it up and driving it across the border into Canada and enjoying it all summer. When the winter comes, the car will be shipped back down to Clearwater International Airport. It's already a big scheme, this car. Most people who own supercars here in Canada do this... it costs much less to register and insure.
Sounds like you have a great plan set up...

You've worked hard thus far, so why not enjoy it dude
Old 10-27-09, 05:32 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Just awesome!, and a great reward for your hard work.
Old 10-27-09, 10:11 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa. We have BIG BALLERS on CL. Congrats man, IM pretty sure it was NOT easy getting to where you are now. Enjoy your new toy when you get it !
Old 10-28-09, 04:57 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I envy you sir, congrats on the new ride. and way to work for it, from what i have read, you are a very busy man
Old 10-29-09, 01:28 PM
sleeper408

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Holy Moly! Talk about a big purchase.... Very nice.
Old 11-08-09, 03:10 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Mods, could you please change the name of the thread to 'Koenigsegg CCX ordered!'

Koenigsegg contacted me today to tell me that 'Stage 1' is completed. The body is basically finished, has been dry-fitted, will receive some corrections over the next couple of months, and then be painted. While that's happening, a technician will be moving on with 'Stage 2' where he will be installing the electronics while the frame is still bare.
Old 11-08-09, 03:30 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts

Done

Although it's going to be a while yet, we really need to see some pics when it's finally delivered, such a rare car !!
Old 11-08-09, 03:32 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Done

Although it's going to be a while yet, we really need to see some pics when it's finally delivered, such a rare car !!
I will try and get some pictures posted once I finally get it. I'm planning a trip to Sweden this winter to see it before they put the body on in the spring. However, I'm guessing that my insurance company will not want me posting pictures of the only CCX in Quebec, on the Internet.
Old 11-08-09, 04:09 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG! that is my favorite supercar still in production (all time favorite is the Mclauren F1). I hope to one day to buy one someday in my thirties, but meanwhile I still have 6-8 more years of college. Congratulations!
Old 11-08-09, 06:01 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

how close were you to deciding onthe lfa? considering the ccx and lfa will be arriving around the same times?
Old 11-08-09, 06:06 PM
FisforFast
F is for Fraud

Originally Posted by G Star
how close were you to deciding onthe lfa? considering the ccx and lfa will be arriving around the same times?
Well, the fact that I was capable of ordering a Koenigsegg much easier than I would have been able to order an LFA is quite astonishing. I find it rather pathetic that I can get a car from a manufacturer that only makes a handful of them a year, but I can't buy a Lexus supercar. To say I didn't consider the LFA would be dishonest of me. It crossed my mind more than a few times... but ultimately, the CCX is more unique and more accessible. There is already a long waiting list at several of my local dealerships, and there isn't even any certainty that we will even be getting the LFA delivered to dealers in Canada.

In short, there is nothing special enough in the LFA for me to consider dropping $375k USD on. The CCX is, all around, a much more powerful and unique car.

Quick Reply: Koenigsegg CCX ordered (ownage inside, guy is a fraud..no car ordered..proof inside)