Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi taking a bite into MB and BMW's market share

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-09, 06:08 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
One thing I BMW deos well is rim designs, they have some of the nicest rims on the market. Now if they can only design their interior as nice as their rims.
Optional rims maybe, or rims on high-end models, but definitely not base rims. The rims on base model BMWs for the most part are hideous.
Old 11-06-09, 07:03 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
True and so many styles available to choose from too.
Joe, I like those rims you got for your old 335, they look fast even when they werent moving
Old 11-06-09, 07:16 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Joe, I like those rims you got for your old 335, they look fast even when they werent moving

Style 189's.
I liked a lot them too.Especially when not moving.
Old 11-07-09, 11:32 PM
FinalBurst
Driver

BMW and Audi's interior design are both excellent. Simple yet elegant. Out of the German 3, I like Mercedes' interior design the most, simply because they're more adventurous, yet retain the luxury quality that one would expect from a Mercedes.

The IS has a nice interior design in comparison to its rivals. Apart from that, I dislike the current generation of Lexus interiors, and would not put them on par with the German 3. (The old GS had one of the best in the industry, :/ )
Old 11-07-09, 11:38 PM
LexFather

Benz design is adventurous? The S-class is a 7 copy, the rest are nice but quite 80's retro...the GLK is horrid.
I do like some of the BMW designed interiors, the ergonomics kills it for me.
Audi interiors all look the same and have looked the same for over a decade. Nothing wrong with them, just very boring to me.
Lexus interiors to me are just as good, better in some cases, lacking in some.

The industry regards Audi and Lexus interiors as the best around and with good reason. I quite like the fact Lexus interiors share similarities with one another without looking the same in every vehicle. The new RX interior is one of a kind!

Old 11-08-09, 08:33 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Benz design is adventurous? The S-class is a 7 copy, the rest are nice but quite 80's retro...the GLK is horrid.
Audi interiors all look the same and have looked the same for over a decade. Nothing wrong with them, just very boring to me.

The industry regards Audi and Lexus interiors as the best around and with good reason. I quite like the fact Lexus interiors share similarities with one another without looking the same in every vehicle. The new RX interior is one of a kind!
I agree that in most Lexus', they are at least on par, if not better, than the Germans. Imo, the interior in my F, is hands down better than in the C63 or M3. We also really enjoyed the interior in our RX330, and think the new interior in the '10 RX350 is best in class.

The biggest issue that I have with the Lexus interiors is the lack of choice. The fact that you only get two choices, maybe 3 is very disappointing.
Old 11-08-09, 08:56 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalBurst
BMW and Audi's interior design are both excellent. Simple yet elegant. Out of the German 3, I like Mercedes' interior design the most, simply because they're more adventurous, yet retain the luxury quality that one would expect from a Mercedes.

The IS has a nice interior design in comparison to its rivals. Apart from that, I dislike the current generation of Lexus interiors, and would not put them on par with the German 3. (The old GS had one of the best in the industry, :/ )
Mercedes's interior design is adventurous? Hardly the the case. Take a look at the new GLK's interior, its as un-adventurous as it gets.
Attached Thumbnails Audi taking a bite into MB and BMW's market share-6132_54.jpg  
Old 11-08-09, 11:55 AM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Not sure how an Audi interior (or styling for that matter, a point you continually repeat), have "all look the same for over a decade"

b5
b6b7
b8

Those don't look "all the same".
Old 11-08-09, 11:59 AM
CDNROCKIES
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FKL
Those don't look "all the same".
Actually, after seeing your pics they certainly do.
Old 11-08-09, 12:10 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Actually, after reviewing the pictures, they certainly don't. I suppose we can agree to disagree, but it's pretty obvious that to say "they all look the same" is sketchy at best.
Old 11-08-09, 03:58 PM
LexFather

Talking

Originally Posted by CDNROCKIES
Actually, after seeing your pics they certainly do.
I'm laughing so hard right now as I'm also looking at the pics like "geez thanks for proving my point" lol lol lol

Old 11-08-09, 05:23 PM
KrazyLexus
Lead Lap

I had a B5 A4, and after seeing those pics, I agree, they do all look the same from the side view.
Old 11-08-09, 11:26 PM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

I'm laughing so hard right now as I'm also looking at the pics like "geez thanks for proving my point" lol lol lol
I guess I just want something more substantial. Do the side profile shots look similar? Do the front ends look similar? Do the rear tail lights look similar? Mind you, you made a blanket statement that "every" Audi has looked "the same" over the last 10 years. I'm simply here to say that's a bit far fetched. Perhaps you were looking for the word "similar"? Even then, there have been massive changes when you compare a current Audi for sale with one of yore.
Old 11-08-09, 11:39 PM
lex-phil
Driver

I'd definitely agree that the interiors of the B5 to B7 almost look exactly the same...but Audi made some (good) changes for the B8. Looks quite different, but still maintains the Audi elegance.
Old 11-08-09, 11:42 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

bmw isn't hurting. much.

audi's are still overpriced and unreliable, according to the numbers

Quick Reply: Audi taking a bite into MB and BMW's market share