Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

SEMA: Toyota Prius Aerius Concept

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-09 | 11:56 AM
LexFather

Post SEMA: Toyota Prius Aerius Concept

http://www.leftlanenews.com/sema-200...s-concept.html

SEMA 2009: Toyota Prius Aerius Concept
11/03/2009, 9:27 PM
By Andrew Ganz

Toyota’s popular Prius hasn’t been a hot vehicle for customizers, but that could all change with increased interest in highly-efficient green technologies, as Toyota’s Prius Aerius concept shown at the 2009 SEMA Show in Las Vegas shows.

The Aerius, which means “belonging to the air” in Latin, was customized by Five Axis to add a few eco-friendly features and emphasize the overall earth-friendly image Toyota seeks for the hybrid.

Nippon Color Design Studio America’s three-coat sky blue sets off the Prius Aerius’ exterior. A unique body kit and 19-inch alloy wheels (covered with clear covers to reduce drag) help maximize economy, too.

Inside, the Prius Aerius gets recycled polyster fabric and accents created with reclaimed birch branches.

Don’t expect the Prius Aerius to make production, but its name could be used on a future Toyota model and some of the special styling touches no doubt preview a future industry of efficiency-oriented aftermarket accessories.

Old 11-04-09 | 01:02 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

hahah that's crazy. 19"s with clear covers. I would like to see more pics before I judge.
Old 11-04-09 | 08:06 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Sweet lookin' Prius. It's a nice change to see a car at SEMA without obnoxious graphics and LCD screens coming out the tail pipes.

It's a bit conservative for the guys at Five Axis, but they always do good work.
Old 11-04-09 | 08:53 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Those 19"s aren't gonna help mileage... lol
Old 11-04-09 | 10:56 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Thats what I was thinking. What if they mounted some super light 19" wheels
Old 11-04-09 | 11:40 PM
metalgear
Lexus Champion

a prius with 19's on? now that's a first
Old 11-04-09 | 11:57 PM
quobirat
Driver School Candidate

It's a nice change to see a car at SEMA without obnoxious graphics and LCD screens coming out the tail pipes.
Old 11-05-09 | 05:52 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

How bout some 13s for efficiency.

What size were the second gen?

Direct fuel injection would have been a better investment than this. I gotta believe that a Prius with DI would have a rating over 50 MPG Hwy.
Old 11-06-09 | 05:09 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SLegacy99
How bout some 13s for efficiency.

What size were the second gen?

Direct fuel injection would have been a better investment than this. I gotta believe that a Prius with DI would have a rating over 50 MPG Hwy.
lightweight 15" and 16" alloys with wheel covers (ring for the 14, full cover for the 16")

Originally Posted by Jetfire
hahah that's crazy. 19"s with clear covers. I would like to see more pics before I judge.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
http://www.leftlanenews.com/sema-200...s-concept.html

SEMA 2009: Toyota Prius Aerius Concept
11/03/2009, 9:27 PM
By Andrew Ganz

Toyota’s popular Prius hasn’t been a hot vehicle for customizers, but that could all change with increased interest in highly-efficient green technologies, as Toyota’s Prius Aerius concept shown at the 2009 SEMA Show in Las Vegas shows.

The Aerius, which means “belonging to the air” in Latin, was customized by Five Axis to add a few eco-friendly features and emphasize the overall earth-friendly image Toyota seeks for the hybrid.

Nippon Color Design Studio America’s three-coat sky blue sets off the Prius Aerius’ exterior. A unique body kit and 19-inch alloy wheels (covered with clear covers to reduce drag) help maximize economy, too.

Inside, the Prius Aerius gets recycled polyster fabric and accents created with reclaimed birch branches.

Don’t expect the Prius Aerius to make production, but its name could be used on a future Toyota model and some of the special styling touches no doubt preview a future industry of efficiency-oriented aftermarket accessories.

Actually there is one road legal one available for auction. It's the twin brother the Aemulus.

Modifications which make this Prius one-of-a-kind and extra eco-sensitive include:

* Exclusive paint design using an environmentally-advanced waterborne technology
* Custom designed Five Axis Body Kit with front lower lip spoiler, sideskirts and rear lower valance
* Upgraded Pioneer 700W 9 speaker audio system featuring 8” subwoofer, 6.75” front component speakers and 5.25” rear component speakers
* Exclusive wheel art design
* 3M Crystalline Automotive Window Film

Currently the bid is US$32,500 (started at $27k)