Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota Dealers Invest $3.3 Billion in Dealership Improvements

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-09, 03:04 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Dealers Invest $3.3 Billion in Dealership Improvements

http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/t...on-111851.aspx

Torrance, Calif., Oct. 28 2009 – While the auto market is going through one of its worst downturns in years, Toyota dealers are putting their money on the future.

So far this year, Toyota dealers have invested $800 million in new facilities designed to meet the high expectations and growing needs of customers. Over the past five years, they have laid out $3.3 billion in dealership improvements and have committed another $2.2 billion in the next two years.

“An investment of this magnitude is a strong indication of our dealers’ confidence in Toyota products, as well as their long-standing commitment to meet customer expectations,” said Ernest Bastien, vice president of retail market development for Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.

Currently, 400 dealers, or 33 percent, have completed all-new state-of-the-art facilities, with another 200 onboard to open new dealerships by 2012.

In support of Toyota’s environmental leadership, some dealers are constructing new facilities that conform to the strict standards of the United States Green Building Council and their LEED certification program. Pat Lobb Toyota in McKinney, Texas, which opened in 2006, became the nation’s first LEED certified automobile dealership.
This is a good sign, if dealers are willing to invest in new dealerships even during this economy.
Old 11-04-09, 03:16 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smart thinking, investing ahead of the next boom. While other car companies wallow in their losses.
Old 11-04-09, 03:20 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Agree. This is a very good sign. It'll be a bright future for Toyota once the economy fully recovers.
Old 11-04-09, 04:03 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good move, Toyota dealerships already have good revenue per site and this is one way to stay ahead.
Old 11-04-09, 04:12 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

This secures Toyota's position as the number one automobile manufacturer in the whole entire world and I hope Toyota gets better at it and improves with better technologies...Go Toyota!!!
Old 11-04-09, 04:30 PM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Trexus
This secures Toyota's position as the number one automobile manufacturer in the whole entire world and I hope Toyota gets better at it and improves with better technologies...Go Toyota!!!
that sounded very fanboyish haha
Old 11-04-09, 04:33 PM
Trexus

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by (Cj)
that sounded very fanboyish haha
Just rooting for Toyota and it's a fact. Can't argue with that...
Old 11-04-09, 04:37 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yaahhooooooooo, oh, wrong commerical.
Old 11-04-09, 06:11 PM
LexFather

Glad to see Toyota not making excuses and acting like the Mayan Calander is correct like some other companies

Old 11-04-09, 08:02 PM
ivanz
Lead Lap

All our Toyota dealers are new around here or have been recently renovated (with maybe 1 exception). The Lexus dealers are the ones that need renovations...although that is getting under way as well for at least 1.
Old 11-04-09, 08:14 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Lexus dealers are also undergoing a program to extensively renovate their facilities. Near my area, there is actually a lavish Lexus dealership that they built just a few years ago.
Old 11-04-09, 09:44 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I am happy to hear that they are investing in their dealership facilities. Good move
Old 11-05-09, 03:59 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Notice this PRESS RELEASE says "over the last 5 years" I doubt much of that was this year. Newport Beach Lexus spent $75 million to build their location 3 years ago which is going to be a huge problem soon if not already
Old 11-05-09, 04:34 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Around me, the local Toyota dealer looks like a blast from the past. Walnut Creek Toyota bought out a body shop that went out of business and used that for their used car/Scion showroom. Concord Toyota built a new facility, and Lexus of Concord is in the process of renovating the former Audi/Kia/Lincoln dealer next door.
Old 11-05-09, 04:38 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
Notice this PRESS RELEASE says "over the last 5 years" I doubt much of that was this year. Newport Beach Lexus spent $75 million to build their location 3 years ago which is going to be a huge problem soon if not already
Read the ENTIRE press release *carefully* .

Notice it ALSO SAYS:

So far this year, Toyota dealers have invested $800 million in new facilities designed to meet the high expectations and growing needs of customers. Over the past five years, they have laid out $3.3 billion in dealership improvements and have committed another $2.2 billion in the next two years.
Do the math, it was $3.3 billion over the past five years, combined with an additional $2.2 billion in the next two years, which is a grand total of $5.5 billion.

I doubt this press release includes Lexus dealers; they are undergoing their own renovation programs.

Quick Reply: Toyota Dealers Invest $3.3 Billion in Dealership Improvements