Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

World Debut: 2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200 (voted Best New Bike in EICMA)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-09, 10:36 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
However, Ducati service techs and dealers are far few and between. And if there is ever an issue with the bike out in the country, you don't want to be 500 miles away from the nearest authorized service tech...
Probably a good idea to own a trailer, and have a good friend on your speed dial with a trailer hitch!
Old 11-11-09, 04:42 PM
duboseq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. Been really thinking about the Buell Ulysses xb12t though. I love the way those look and they are a little cheaper I think. Too bad Buell is no more though however Harley will still honor warantees.
Old 11-11-09, 08:14 PM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the idea of that bike.... but would people really use it's setting for the correct road??.. only reason i ask is cuz everyone loves power and for some of us speed junkies that need our fix, the switch will be kept on the highest setting..

anyways, let's hope this thing doesn't have electrical problems like the 848. this bike sure isn't for newbs.. once you lay that thing down, who knows what type of stuff you might broke that can cause a mountain of cash..
Old 11-11-09, 10:32 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993ES300x
i like the idea of that bike.... but would people really use it's setting for the correct road??.. only reason i ask is cuz everyone loves power and for some of us speed junkies that need our fix, the switch will be kept on the highest setting...
Having owned various kinds of bikes, I have always craved a little something extra from each of my bikes. A little more power and firmer suspension from my touring bikes, and a little more functionality and better ergonomics from my crotch rockets. Naked bikes are sorta in between, but still doesn't provide a wholesome package.

The concept of the Multistrada 1200 addresses these issues (and hopefully, the execution will be as good as it sounds). I used to have a Multistrada 1000, and I always wished it can be a bit firmer during enthusiastic twisties.

If my old Multistrada can change the suspension settings and traction control with one button, I would be in Heaven. The new Multistrada may just be motorcycle Nirvana...
Old 11-17-09, 07:20 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

EICMA visitors elect the new Ducati Multistrada 1200 Best Bike in show.
November 16, 2009

More than 20,000 fans voted for the bike by participating in the competition organized each year by the Italian "Motociclismo" magazine, who carried out a survey among the visitors with a form to fill out either at the show or online. The new Multistrada 1200 took more than 48% of the votes, followed by the MV AgustaF4 and the Aprilia RSV4.

The prize giving took place at the end of the show, on the official Motolive stage (the area dedicated to EICMA's external events) in the presence of Dr. Costantino Ruggero, the General Director of EICMA, and Piero Bacchetti, President and CEO of the Edisport publishing group. This was the final event at the end of an intense week that saw nearly 450,000 visitors fill the Halls of the Milano-Rho trade show district.

The award only emphasizes the public's enormous interest in the new jewel in the Borgo-Panigale crown, a further confirmation of the energy and resources that Ducati is dedicating to the constant development of new products.

The new Ducati Multistrada 1200 thus reigns supreme. Not just a new bike, but a new concept of bike. From the moment the EICMA show opened, the area of the Ducati stand dedicated to this innovative machine was flooded with a constant tide of visitors, all eager to see the new product, the pride of the Italian motorcycle industry.

The 1200 is a Multistrada with the emphasis on Multi, a sportbike which is powerful and fun but also easy to ride and whose first priority is the safety and comfort of its rider.

Ducati wanted to produce a motorcycle to tackle any kind of journey and road surface, a motorcycle that used technology derived from the Bologna-made race bikes in MotoGP and World Superbike.

A bike with no limits, that can transform itself to suit the rider's demands, from a supersport to a tourer for long journeys with a passenger and luggage, to an everyday bike which can breeze through the daily commute and also tackle off-road routes with the agility of an enduro; in other words, four bikes in one!

The Ducati Multistrada 1200 arrives on the market in Spring 2010.