Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ford Taurus SHO vs EVO X..... Is the SHO an EVO for adults????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-10, 05:09 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Just saw this today on Jalopnik. But with just an exhaust, intake and ECU tune this engine is putting down 332.5whp compared to stock 265.9 and laying down low 13's at 106mph. I can see with larger turbos and more fuel this car making it into the 12's easy!

http://jalopnik.com/5482405/hennesse...ks-first-drive
Old 03-02-10, 08:52 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by caymandive
Just saw this today on Jalopnik. But with just an exhaust, intake and ECU tune this engine is putting down 332.5whp compared to stock 265.9 and laying down low 13's at 106mph. I can see with larger turbos and more fuel this car making it into the 12's easy!

http://jalopnik.com/5482405/hennesse...ks-first-drive
Ford recently said the ECOBOOST engine is very detuned, more power is easily available.

Old 03-02-10, 04:11 PM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
OK, I retract the line drive your direction then.
Picture me, young 18, brand new Ford Taurus LX with the digital everything. It could probably tell me the temp of my rear end. $22,000 I believe is what I spent of my saved up money buying American. Sure that was looong ago.
Fast forward 6 months, twice it went through an intersection as the brakes failed. One of those I rear ended someone-slightly thankfully.
Ford wanted to charge me for the brakes, rotors, and brake booster (wearable items!!!!!). Come on. I now know that version Taurus had significant braking issues plus some. I was naive back then.

Still stubborn I owned two more Fords since (shame on me) and both the same iffy quality and horrible dealership service. So badge does mean something to me as I'm sure it does to you. The Lexus badge is synonymous to quality ,reliability ,dealer service ,etc. Of course there are always the hit and miss with everything, but overall the badge is indicative of what your buying and the company that stands behind it.

Further, sure the specs look good. They did on my Taurus when compared to the competition which is why it was a run away best seller. The specs on this SHO look great also, though not everyone wants a large car as stated several times here. But again, specs are one thing, how Ford treats their customers is something completely different. I prefer personal experience over anything else, so where does Ford stand in terms of dealership experience?

The badge is important. The dealer I purchased my first Ford went out of business as the owner got busted for drug smuggling down south. Just added icing to the entire experience.
You left out that other story about aliens stealing the tires of your fourth Ford.

Ford, such a crappy, useless good ol' fashioned American brand. They absolutely deserve to be wiped out. Someone needs to get rid of Alan Mullaly and the incredible job that he's doing at Ford straightening out the management and giving power to the engineers....who've always been among the very best.

Go foreign brands....all American companies are junk and should be be decimated.

I can't believe some of the posts you read on this forum....by moderators no less!
Old 03-02-10, 06:43 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Ford recently said the ECOBOOST engine is very detuned, more power is easily available.
looks like Ford is taking a page from BMW
Old 03-03-10, 09:36 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I have to say that after driving a tuned EVO X that the Taurus is not an EVO for adults. This car was violently fast and had razor sharp handling. I dont think the Taurus will match the EVO in the corners.