Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Review: 2010 Cadillac SRX

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-09, 05:23 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BobsGX
I test drove the new SRX with AWD and a rear drive CTS Sportwagon (3.6L) last Sunday. I read in the order sheet that the turbo V6 for the SRX will be available mid year 2010. I also took a test ride in the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO. Of the three, the fastest of them to me felt like the CTS Sportwagon. All nice vehicles, but to me, they still aren't up to a Lexus.
I agree, GM is still a bit away as far as the overall package is concerned. Ford and Lincoln is closer in my opinion. The new MKS is pretty nice, but there are some manufacturing quality issues I did notice when I look at it when it 1st came out last year. Maybe it was just that one MKS in the showroom that had the issue, but so far, initial quality report for lincoln have been just so so.

Originally Posted by LexBob2
How was your buying experience with the Q5? Was the dealer willing to negotiate much? The dealers around here have very few on the lots, and I was wondering if the tight supply was keeping the selling prices up. Thanks.
I live a area where there are 4 Audi dealer with a 30 min drive and 7 within a hour, so many dealers to choose from. My buying and service experience have been good, not up to Lexus' standards, but then, who is. The tight supply is definitely keeping the price up, then again, Audi have a very small mark up unlike Lexus. The general manager at the dealer told me that Audi is running the Q5 production line 24 hours a day and they still cannot keep up with demand, I guess its a really popular suv in Europe. With my Audi loyality discount, I got the Q5 at about $500 above invoice.

Last edited by The G Man; 11-19-09 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-22-17, 08:29 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Sat in one these today. It was a loaded model with just 40k miles on it. I must say, phenomenal interior on this car. Everything inside felt good. The infotainment system has held up really nice, the graphics look good for an eight year old system. Love the fact that you don't need to have the screen up the whole time. The leather was really nice. Lovely wood on the steering wheel and a very interesting interior design. I am not sure if I have ever bashed this car before, but I take it back if I do.
Old 07-23-17, 07:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Sat in one these today. It was a loaded model with just 40k miles on it. I must say, phenomenal interior on this car. Everything inside felt good. The infotainment system has held up really nice, the graphics look good for an eight year old system. Love the fact that you don't need to have the screen up the whole time. The leather was really nice. Lovely wood on the steering wheel and a very interesting interior design. I am not sure if I have ever bashed this car before, but I take it back if I do.

Bumping up an old thread, Jill......you interested in an older SRX, or just checking one out? I wouldn't bet the farm on their reliability, though.
Old 07-23-17, 07:27 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

We were just looking at a dealer that was closed for the day.