Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Magazine - We Want Your Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-09, 04:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I used to get the magazine's paper copy when I had my IS300. I don't know if it has changed much since then, but when I got it regularly, I thought there was too much emphasis on Lexus PR stuff, vacations, road trips, family life, etc....and not enough useful data or articles on the vehicles themselves.
Old 11-24-09, 05:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

make it a Lexus magazine . Not a lifestyle magazine for people who own Lexus vehicles
Old 11-24-09, 05:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
make it a Lexus magazine . Not a lifestyle magazine for people who own Lexus vehicles
Agreed.........you said, in one quick sentence, what it took me a whole paragraph to say.
Old 11-30-09, 01:10 PM
Turnten
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I definitely understand the enthusiast perspective, unfortunately, for the larger Lexus owner audience at large, the magazine is and will be a Lexus Lifestyle magazine. But there is no reason that an appropriate balance cant be struck to have something for everyone. The suggestions and feedback from everyone here will go a long way to that end.
Old 11-30-09, 04:39 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Its understandable that you need to keep it a lifestyle magazine but can you do less Golf for gods sake. How about cool vacation spots, features on new Lexus cars, new technology, prestigious awards, etc.
Old 11-30-09, 06:03 PM
LexusFiend
Lead Lap

I think it would be interesting to read about an original owner with a high mileage lexus ... as a side note I really liked the article about the new GX, it looks great too!
Old 11-30-09, 08:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

I really like the high mileage idea. You guys should find as many high mileage cases as possible. Also safety info, new models, and some actual proof to customers that Lexus has a race team
Old 11-30-09, 10:12 PM
cjf_moraga
Rookie

Agreed with most comments here... When I received the magazine I found it extremely boring. The emphasis on lifestyle articles said to me that Lexus has no pride in its brand and the vehicles that represent it... I don't know what the "Lexus lifestyle" exactly is, but anyone who needs a magazine to tell them should be seeking psychiatric help...

Chris
Old 11-30-09, 11:00 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,370 Likes on 1,555 Posts

these glossy fluff pieces are pretty much a waste of time, energy and money.
probably costs $50 per owner to make and distribute - just send 'em a gift card instead!
Old 12-01-09, 06:06 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, it looks like the status quo will prevail when it comes to the Lexus magazine.. Nice try guys.
Old 12-01-09, 01:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Turnten
I definitely understand the enthusiast perspective, unfortunately, for the larger Lexus owner audience at large, the magazine is and will be a Lexus Lifestyle magazine. But there is no reason that an appropriate balance cant be struck to have something for everyone. The suggestions and feedback from everyone here will go a long way to that end.
I'm curious to know what these "non enthusiasts" think? I can appreciate you trying to strike a balance.

I do like the food/chef articles. What about more articles on new technology in the cars and for the home?

Old 12-01-09, 08:50 PM
ERC4
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I cancelled my free subscription while it was in print form. Half of each issue seemed devoted to the global warming hoax/fraud (insert joke re the British Climate Research Unit's shredding/suppression of contrary data here). I understand they're trying to sell hybrids to gullible people, but that nonsense went way overboard.
Old 12-01-09, 08:55 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ERC4
I cancelled my free subscription while it was in print form. Half of each issue seemed devoted to the global warming hoax/fraud (insert joke re the British Climate Research Unit's shredding/suppression of contrary data here). I understand they're trying to sell hybrids to gullible people, but that nonsense went way overboard.
I am amazed to hear this coming from someone in California. usually everyone there is so "green"
Old 12-03-09, 05:56 AM
Turnten
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I'm curious to know what these "non enthusiasts" think? I can appreciate you trying to strike a balance.
Of course we believe the answer is that it is generally liked by this group, however we are also attempting to gain feedback from the non-auto enthusiast demographic to better answer that question.

I do like the food/chef articles. What about more articles on new technology in the cars and for the home?
Another great suggestion

I think I have a great collection of suggestions and what direction members her would like to see the magazine take as well as what you guys like about it now. In terms of layout/navigation, I think 1SICKLEX had a good post that summed up several points. As I understand it, most people feel the photography is good, and the layout is relatively easy to manage, however would like to see some areas take a greater departure from the Lexus main site. Let me know if there is anything I should add to that, or if there are things you really like about the way it is now.

On a separate note, there is some newer links just added from the news section that may interest anyone who has yet to see them. The first two news items link to videos of the SEMA project cars and an LF-A video. I would be fairly shocked however if most of you have not seen the LF-A videos

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...ews/index.html
Old 12-03-09, 10:10 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The better question would be who is the Lexus demograph? Who does it encompass? I truly would like to know as it seems that there is more exclusion rather than inclusion.

I recieve BMW magazine quarterly & they tend to cover enthusiasts, globe trotters, technology geeks, black, white, asian, young, old, uber rich, middle class, etc.

I would like a break down here.

Quick Reply: Lexus Magazine - We Want Your Feedback