Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Strategic Vision smokes crack, then publishes 2009 Total Value Index

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-09, 07:04 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Allow me to expand on your quote a bit.

"They seem to focus on the question of overall automotive value per dollar" based on psycological emotion.

I mean, really, what value does this survey hold to anybody in the market for a new car?
Well, of course personal satisfaction with the vehicle you are buying, and how much you pay for it, plays a part. That is why a lot of people buy 50-60K vehicles to do what 20-30K vehicles, at half the price, can often do. And, of course, what is a good value to Jay Leno or the Sultan of Brunei, for their huge car collections, is not necessarily going to be a good value for the average Joe simply looking for a good commuter car. That is why the auto-buying buisness is so complex, and why it usually doesn't pay to just sit down and make a snap-decision.
Old 11-26-09, 09:58 AM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mercedes and VW has no business on that list, neither does the Ridgeline nor the Insight, 2 of Honda's flops...

I guess Honda must be like GM and make cute trucks ala El Camino or Avalanche/Escalade EXT...
Old 11-26-09, 10:49 PM
LexFather

My cousin pooky told me this is the same crack supplier for Acura designers an people who buy the new beaks

it's good stuff!

Old 11-27-09, 01:12 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With more crack, the results might actually improve.
Old 11-27-09, 01:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by nthach

I guess Honda must be like GM and make cute trucks ala El Camino or Avalanche/Escalade EXT...
Well, no, the Honda Ridgeline is not a pretty truck to look at (and the angle of the bed-to-body-joining is awkward-looking), but there's no denying its build quality and versatility. It is the only pickup to combine a ladder-truck-frame WITH unibody construction (how's that for strength?) and it has several useful features to boot, like go-anywhere AWD, dual-action tailgate, and weather-sealed under-bed compartment. If you don't need big-V8 or diesel hauling capacity, it's an excellent truck.
Old 11-29-09, 02:17 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

who the F#$&^%K is Strategic Vision???? Lame. Reduced value secondary to boring cars??? WTF. All of that reliability gets soooo boring. I dont want it. Yup!!! That makes a lot of sense