Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Toyota recalls and related issues: BusinessWeek-Media owes Toyota an apology

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-10, 01:24 PM
J.P.
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Once again, WHERE is the proof Toyota has conclusively screwed up? It seems you have formed an opinion here without concrete facts, but I won't argue with you on that.
Thinking back on that comment I am not going to spend any more time debating this topic in this thread. Clearly if you think they did nothing wrong while they are doing multiple recalls and apologies noting their flaws then there is nothing else to debate.

Your saying there is no proof they did anything wrong, I believe they did so lets agree to disagree.
Old 02-23-10, 01:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
Not going to drag this off topic about those companies, but doing business on someone else’s soil is DIFFICULT and we are watching what Toyota has to deal with right now as an example HERE. There are stories going on all day long overseas where business large and small are successful but not without strife.

Thinking back to one conversation with an executive at tower automotive and what they went through when setting up shop in Asia, sure it can be done but it’s difficult because your an outsider.

Just my opinion, the global economy is going to balance itself one way or another. We are just all paying attention to this case as it’s about a brand we all enjoy and follow.
as i said, intel, apple, microsoft, google are all examples or sucessful US based companies doing awesome in asia.

how is that any different?

and yeah, they employ very little people there, unlike toyota in the usa.

should rest of the world close their bordes to all american products now?

or you mean it should be like this only in industries where american companies are doing bad, while we should not mention industries where american companies are doing great? how does that work exactly?
Old 02-23-10, 01:25 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J.P.
Ok you are right, Toyota did nothing wrong. 100% of this entire mess is fabricated.

And my posts are clear separating my opinion that the government is blowing it up, but for the third time I will say unless you can prove to me American corps get a fair deal in other countries, well I guess that’s too bad. If you cannot understand or process that, simply don’t continue to debate me then.

Its also funny you seem to think no one on here defends Toyota or thinks their perfect, there are plenty of Toyota fan boys on here going to bat for them.

Anyone that’s says anything about this precious company is a “Toyota critic” right? That is what you said, so what does that tell me exactly?
Please show me WHERE "Toyota fan boys" have explicitly used the word perfect when describing Toyota. If you have no proof of this, then why make such statements?

You are thinking only in absolutes, and continue to make assumptions about things I never said.

Please show me WHERE I claimed this entire situation is 100% fabricated and Toyota did nothing wrong.

No, that is NOT what I said regarding Toyota critics. Again, please show me explicitly where I said those exact words.
Old 02-23-10, 01:26 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RXSF
okay...this california rep is talking about NUMMI and the plant in fremont. He claims that people will not buy toyota's because we lose like 3500 jobs? rediculous
Lentz got it right, its GM's fault for withdrawing without any explanation. which requires Toyota has to pick up the pentions etc(even though they dont have to,im sure )... Also,how does that Cali rep expect toyota to pick up that 20% after this fiasco

Last edited by ExTrEmE99; 02-23-10 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-23-10, 01:28 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

my god, the people on this forum need to get elected
Old 02-23-10, 01:28 PM
LexFather

They forgot if it wasn't for Toyota (and Honda) cars for the masses would suck complete ***, be completely unreliable and fall apart before your eyes.

Old 02-23-10, 01:31 PM
RXSF

also in regards to the Smiths, there are so many holes in her story. sticking it in neutral did nothing? give me a 'brake', pun intended
Old 02-23-10, 01:31 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The black box would show what happened in many if not all of the incidents.
I'm suspicious with all this not being able to read the black box if I understand the issue correctly.
Old 02-23-10, 01:33 PM
LexFather

I've been trying to read the "black box" for the past 16 or so years and I still can't figure it out..

Wait...which "black box" are we talking about

Old 02-23-10, 01:36 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joeb427
The black box would show what happened in many if not all of the incidents.
I'm suspicious with all this not being able to read the black box if I understand the issue correctly.
Well i guess the current issue is they dont have black box readers everywhere. Also im going to guess these issues were very small to these dealers which is why they didnt investigate it earlier.
Old 02-23-10, 01:36 PM
RXSF

what exactly are they voting on today?
Old 02-23-10, 01:37 PM
RXSF

While im all behind toyota at this point, the black box is a bit suspicious. They say that they only have 1 reader in the United States and that it is still in prototype stage. Why would you equip all these cars with the black box (production stage) yet have the readers still in protoype stage. Makes no sense. the two should be developed together.
Old 02-23-10, 01:41 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

While im all behind toyota at this point, the black box is a bit suspicious. They say that they only have 1 reader in the United States and that it is still in prototype stage. Why would you equip all these cars with the black box (production stage) yet have the readers still in protoype stage. Makes no sense. the two should be developed together.
Exactly!
I'm a Toyota guy but that seems like BS to me.
Old 02-23-10, 01:41 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

+ i thought blackboxes were only in airplanes
Old 02-23-10, 02:02 PM
LexFather

Toyota like any corporation surely has things it rather not come to light. If you dig, you will find something.

Quick Reply: Toyota recalls and related issues: BusinessWeek-Media owes Toyota an apology