Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

SC300 on Bullrun Season 3!! (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-10, 10:39 AM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It wasn't the car that lost the challenge, I time attack my SC and do very well locally. I'm sure the show made Tracy out worse than she really is
Old 03-28-10, 03:11 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
OK then call it out matrixgts and let's see if you are right . Who do you think wins this season?
I would dave but i hate when someone tell me the ending of a movie i want to see.If i'm wrong i'll let you know or i'll pm you.
Old 03-28-10, 03:34 PM
Carfreak70
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by matrixgts
I would dave but i hate when someone tell me the ending of a movie i want to see.If i'm wrong i'll let you know or i'll pm you.
Guessing is not the same as telling the end to a movie. You dont KNOW who is going to win, unless you work for them. I vote you call it out.
Old 03-29-10, 09:19 AM
PhantomZX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Carfreak70
Guessing is not the same as telling the end to a movie. You dont KNOW who is going to win, unless you work for them. I vote you call it out.
I think I know what Matrix is talking about - there's one team that keeps appearing in the Black Magic commercials during the show....
Old 03-29-10, 09:51 AM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhantomZX
I think I know what Matrix is talking about - there's one team that keeps appearing in the Black Magic commercials during the show....
Yep you got it phantom unless they changed it up.
Old 03-29-10, 03:01 PM
JamaicanSC
Rookie

At least you ladies whooped the lambo, I would've loved to see you race the Viper as well. Anyways ladies, I hope you stick around and get your own SC's keep us posted.
Old 03-30-10, 12:05 PM
RollModel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JamaicanSC
At least you ladies whooped the lambo, I would've loved to see you race the Viper as well. Anyways ladies, I hope you stick around and get your own SC's keep us posted.
That was a henessy viper which if memory serves in tt and pushes about 800 ponies. Which would give it a slight advantage even though I don't know how that toolbag afforded that car haha.
Old 03-30-10, 12:34 PM
TracyATL
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RollModel
That was a henessy viper which if memory serves in tt and pushes about 800 ponies. Which would give it a slight advantage even though I don't know how that toolbag afforded that car haha.
He's a retired home builder.

To the rest of everyone, we had 3 days notice that we would be on the show. I only found out about the show 4 days before we flew out, so there wasn't much time to set it up for being out there. It's a street car set up for drag. Tire's are 285/35/18's rear 265/35/18's front.

Obviously it wasn't the best car for really any of the challenges out there (or the altitude), but we wanted to be on the show, so we brought what we could get our hands on quickly.
Old 03-31-10, 07:50 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TracyATL
He's a retired home builder.

To the rest of everyone, we had 3 days notice that we would be on the show. I only found out about the show 4 days before we flew out, so there wasn't much time to set it up for being out there. It's a street car set up for drag. Tire's are 285/35/18's rear 265/35/18's front.

Obviously it wasn't the best car for really any of the challenges out there (or the altitude), but we wanted to be on the show, so we brought what we could get our hands on quickly.
Hey Tracy, do you have any more pics of the sc? engine bay? I searched your blog and I had no luck. Thanks!
Old 04-01-10, 07:12 AM
0nePutt
Lead Lap

Hey Tracy just wanted to say i was pulling for you of course and you had a good run. i absolutely loved when you smoked the lambo. that was insane. love your car and i would also love more pics of the engine bay
Old 04-01-10, 07:55 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just saw the episode on my DVR. Girls had a good run .
Old 04-01-10, 08:32 AM
BIGCTY
Pole Position

I love how so many people in this thread are making it a point to highlight that it was not the cars fault that the ladies were not successful in their final challenge. And some even have overtures of "if I was out there I would have killed it!" I'll clear my hands before I type this...AHEM...you WEREN'T on the show, and they were. They had a helluva run and everyone makes mistakes, there hasnt been a single team on there that hasnt thus far. So please, stop acting like you arent dangling from their ovaries because they were on the show and you weren't, and give the ladies the standing O they deserve.

Good job ladies, I hope to be on the show one day!
Old 04-01-10, 09:05 AM
TracyATL
Driver School Candidate

No one here blamed the car. I have been asked for the set up and I am giving it I mean according to the times, we were only 2 seconds behind with 2 penalties. I don't feel like that is anything to be ashamed of. We didn't go home the first day, we didn't go home after our first challenge, so we are very happy with what we did. Of course we wanted the $200k, but we made it 1/2 way and that's what was in the cards for us. We both lacked experience with the car and in the end, it got us. I was pushing the car to the edge and gave it a little too much gas and the car got away from me. I didn't go into the wall and I feel I recovered swiftly considering the amount of time I had with the car...which was ONLY on the road doing the speed limit (aside from the drag raced where we whooped the Lambo ) I had not driven the car until I drove it on Bullrun and Emilie had not driven it until the challenge. I am not used to the weight distribution and that turbo hit hard once it spooled. Because I pushed it a little too far going up the course, Emilie was able to gage how far to push it once she got in the drivers seat.

I do not have pics of the engine bay because the owner of the car doesn't put it out there. I am really sorry. But if you pause it on my casting video, you can sort of see it. Like I said, sorry I don't have pics to post of the engine bay, but I am just trying to respect my friends wishes. He was, after all, awesome for letting us borrow it in the first place. Did you see what we did to that thing????? LOL.

Thanks for watching and for all of the support and kind words.
Old 04-02-10, 03:18 PM
Girly TT
Rookie

Originally Posted by matrixgts
you think the challenger won because they're in all the commercials.
Old 04-04-10, 10:06 AM
Supra Dr
Moving SC Threads

Received 121 Likes on 82 Posts

Not bad 250 posts before the Flame Bag got lit.
Keep it to your self. Hate=Jealousy - they DID IT, you didn't
Nuff said.

BTW nice run, chance of a lifetime.

Quick Reply: SC300 on Bullrun Season 3!! (Merged Threads)