Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

SC300 on Bullrun Season 3!! (Merged Threads)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-10, 10:15 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TracyATL
As it pertains to the statement you quoted, GENERALLY, the car was not BEST suited to be on Bullrun. Had we been given more notice, I would have sought out a car that had better gas mileage (smaller injectors), more clearance, less tire scrub, smaller or no turbo, maybe even 4wd. Would that have changed the point at which we would have been eliminated? I can't say. Would I have driven another car better, can't say.
I agree Tracy...with Bullrun you need to keep the vehicle/car basic. I would even suggest an automatic over a manual for this type of race/terrain.
Old 04-04-10, 08:11 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

^ alright then hows this for some humor: toyota corolla? auto vs manual is still imo driver preference.
Old 04-04-10, 08:29 PM
LCSC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much time did they add to your time for hitting the pylons? I think it is dumb that they have so many challenges that the H3 actually has an advantage. On a side note I'm sure the show did everything they could to make you look girls look bad. I'm sorry I won't be seeing the car anymore.
Old 04-05-10, 03:29 AM
TracyATL
Driver School Candidate

They don't tell you what ANY of the penalties are along the way. This goes for the challenges or for the speeding on the road. It's all a magic guessing game.
Old 04-05-10, 06:08 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No one here blamed the car. I have been asked for the set up and I am giving it I mean according to the times, we were only 2 seconds behind with 2 penalties. I don't feel like that is anything to be ashamed of. We didn't go home the first day, we didn't go home after our first challenge, so we are very happy with what we did. Of course we wanted the $200k, but we made it 1/2 way and that's what was in the cards for us. We both lacked experience with the car and in the end, it got us. I was pushing the car to the edge and gave it a little too much gas and the car got away from me. I didn't go into the wall and I feel I recovered swiftly considering the amount of time I had with the car...which was ONLY on the road doing the speed limit (aside from the drag raced where we whooped the Lambo ) I had not driven the car until I drove it on Bullrun and Emilie had not driven it until the challenge. I am not used to the weight distribution and that turbo hit hard once it spooled. Because I pushed it a little too far going up the course, Emilie was able to gage how far to push it once she got in the drivers seat.

I do not have pics of the engine bay because the owner of the car doesn't put it out there. I am really sorry. But if you pause it on my casting video, you can sort of see it. Like I said, sorry I don't have pics to post of the engine bay, but I am just trying to respect my friends wishes. He was, after all, awesome for letting us borrow it in the first place. Did you see what we did to that thing????? LOL.

Thanks for watching and for all of the support and kind words.
Don't want to be a know it all, but if you do look at previous posts. I did blame the "tires" if you were to pay attention or rewind on the DVR you could notice how bad grip was compared the other cars, aswell as how stiff the suspension was on others especially the NSX that thing loved the turns.

Lame that he doesn't want to release any engine bay photos, but yeah that's awesome of him for letting you girls use his car. I would feel honored seeing my car on tv smashing a lambo and having it make it through the show.
Old 04-05-10, 02:00 PM
LCSC
Lead Lap

They don't tell you what ANY of the penalties are along the way. This goes for the challenges or for the speeding on the road. It's all a magic guessing game.
Thant sucks
Old 04-05-10, 07:20 PM
assass1n
Pole Position

No one here blamed the car. I have been asked for the set up and I am giving it I mean according to the times, we were only 2 seconds behind with 2 penalties. I don't feel like that is anything to be ashamed of. We didn't go home the first day, we didn't go home after our first challenge, so we are very happy with what we did. Of course we wanted the $200k, but we made it 1/2 way and that's what was in the cards for us. We both lacked experience with the car and in the end, it got us. I was pushing the car to the edge and gave it a little too much gas and the car got away from me. I didn't go into the wall and I feel I recovered swiftly considering the amount of time I had with the car...which was ONLY on the road doing the speed limit (aside from the drag raced where we whooped the Lambo ) I had not driven the car until I drove it on Bullrun and Emilie had not driven it until the challenge. I am not used to the weight distribution and that turbo hit hard once it spooled. Because I pushed it a little too far going up the course, Emilie was able to gage how far to push it once she got in the drivers seat.

I do not have pics of the engine bay because the owner of the car doesn't put it out there. I am really sorry. But if you pause it on my casting video, you can sort of see it. Like I said, sorry I don't have pics to post of the engine bay, but I am just trying to respect my friends wishes. He was, after all, awesome for letting us borrow it in the first place. Did you see what we did to that thing????? LOL.

Thanks for watching and for all of the support and kind words.
its too long of a thread for me to read every post. i was cheering for team lexus the whole time. i was watching a few episodes with a friend of mine who was into mustang. i kept making jokes about how easy the mustang got eliminated. when you got eliminated he didnt let me hear the end of it. lol. btw were you the driver or navigator?
Old 04-05-10, 08:30 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Tracy was driver.
Old 04-06-10, 01:06 AM
laxdude362
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn I just watched the latest episode and I am so bummed you ladies lost. You all did a hell of a job for not really knowing the car at all. I was so pumped to see an SC on the show with some cool, attractive ladies driving it. Props to the guy that let you use the car for the show. I bet the whole experience was just so much fun and I could only dream of being on the show. Congratulations on making it this far.
Old 04-08-10, 10:55 AM
TracyATL
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all of the support guys and gals! Have fun watching tonight! All of my fav teams are out, so i don't know who to root for now. Who are you going for?
Old 04-08-10, 12:04 PM
Shadowen
Lead Lap

Thanks for all of the support guys and gals! Have fun watching tonight! All of my fav teams are out, so i don't know who to root for now. Who are you going for?
I stopped watching after you two were out.
Old 04-08-10, 01:29 PM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Tracy did Bullrun air a (new) episode last week,which team got eliminated?
Old 04-08-10, 01:30 PM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you the blonde chick or the brunette? The brunette girl was mean to the blonde girl.

Also she seemed to get into it with Goldberg a little.

Team Cuda has the best drivers.

I liked it when the Lexus beat the Lambo in the drag race on the road.

I still wish the brunette chick was nicer to the blonde girl. That bothered me. Blonde girl seemed like a sweet heart.
Old 04-08-10, 01:37 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OBEEWON
Are you the blonde chick or the brunette? The brunette girl was mean to the blonde girl.

Also she seemed to get into it with Goldberg a little.

Team Cuda has the best drivers.

I liked it when the Lexus beat the Lambo in the drag race on the road.

I still wish the brunette chick was nicer to the blonde girl. That bothered me. Blonde girl seemed like a sweet heart.
The brunette is Tracy aka TracyATL and the Blonde is Emilee aka GirlyTT
Old 04-08-10, 07:59 PM
JamaicanSC
Rookie

See Tracy I told you, that you were mean to my future wife LoL, damn so Team Challenger is out. Who was it that was saying they won because the were in all the BlackMagic commercials?

Quick Reply: SC300 on Bullrun Season 3!! (Merged Threads)