Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes Benz craftsmanship at its best!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 07:17 PM
Lexiss_sc430
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
this thread is beyond ridiculous. i don't believe there's ANYTHING wrong with that mercedes.
Are you not able to see the picture?
I hate the fact that I can never distinguish sarcasm on the internet
Old 12-02-09, 08:29 PM
RX_330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The window probably wasn't resynchronized then.
Old 12-03-09, 05:36 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
I opened and closed the door a few times and the window did the same thing each time, it would lower as you opened the door then as you shut it, the window would attempt to go back up, and towards the front of the window it would seat properly but towards the back it would come outward a 1/2 inch... the car battery had to be attached because my friend got into the drivers side and was playing with the navi and stereo...
Well, that concludes it, the window is broken. Its either off track or the bracket is bent.
Old 12-03-09, 07:33 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another case of who knows, who cares.
Old 12-03-09, 07:40 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How does one cell phone picture of one car constitute a 64 reply thread condemning MB craftsmanship?

Was that the only E-Class there, I mean it was a dealership wasn't it? Wouldn't it have been just as easy to walk 10 ft to the next car and take another pic of the same problem before ranting? Or even better, asking a salesman what was wrong with the window (if anything)?
Old 12-03-09, 07:42 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexiss_sc430
I opened and closed the door a few times and the window did the same thing each time, it would lower as you opened the door then as you shut it, the window would attempt to go back up, and towards the front of the window it would seat properly but towards the back it would come outward a 1/2 inch... the car battery had to be attached because my friend got into the drivers side and was playing with the navi and stereo...
This is exactly the answer we needed to make 90% of the bickering in this thread pointless. So it does seem something was wrong with the car.

Originally Posted by RX_330
The window probably wasn't resynchronized then.
I'm not sure I understand this. I know it was sort of explained earlier but it makes no sense to me. When a Benz has its battery disconnected its windows will malfunction like this until it's "resynced"? From a design perspective what's the point of that? Is it normal for the window to actually be sticking out half an inch from the door frame when it's "out of sync"?

Damn german engineering is always way more complicated than it needs to be... same reason my 335i decided to basically trap my wife in our car because only one of the door locks failed.
Old 12-03-09, 08:13 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Anyway you cut it, its still a defect. A defect that should have been fix before the car is place on the showroom.
Old 12-03-09, 09:33 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
Anyway you cut it, its still a defect. A defect that should have been fix before the car is place on the showroom.
And what in this thread has led to the conclusion that the car was placed on the showroom floor with the defect intact? Whatever caused that window to pop out could have happened 30 seconds before the OP pulled out his cell phone. Or could have even been done by the OP himself as his first post stated the window was working (which should have have negated the 'battery disconnected' arguments from the start) so obviously he was playing with the door before snapping the pic.

If it's going to be a thread full of assumptions based off one pic, hell at least make it interesting and lets make the OP out to be a Lexus 'spy'.

OP - not accusing you of any wrong doing whatsoever.
Old 12-03-09, 09:47 AM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Or could have even been done by the OP himself as his first post stated the window was working (which should have have negated the 'battery disconnected' arguments from the start) so obviously he was playing with the door before snapping the pic.
No, he said the front window was working properly, but not the back. If the OP can break the window by just rolling it up and down and opening and closing the door, then MB has some serious qulaity issues

Last edited by The G Man; 12-03-09 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-03-09, 11:24 AM
LexFather

This thread needs more pics ...and amazingly we are not arguing enough...

lol 70 responses!!!

Old 12-03-09, 04:54 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This thread needs more pics ...and amazingly we are not arguing enough...

lol 70 responses!!!
half due to the bashing and half due to defending MB
Old 12-03-09, 08:21 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
And what in this thread has led to the conclusion that the car was placed on the showroom floor with the defect intact? Whatever caused that window to pop out could have happened 30 seconds before the OP pulled out his cell phone. Or could have even been done by the OP himself as his first post stated the window was working (which should have have negated the 'battery disconnected' arguments from the start) so obviously he was playing with the door before snapping the pic.

If it's going to be a thread full of assumptions based off one pic, hell at least make it interesting and lets make the OP out to be a Lexus 'spy'.

OP - not accusing you of any wrong doing whatsoever.
conspiracy...