Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Escondido Centre "super dealership" opening

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 08:23 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by encore888
Lineup expansion is what I think about with each of these opening event stories. These massive dealerships are more than a match for any sites that the European luxury brands have here in the US (although I'd like to see such a site in NYC, as well as showcase/museum like sites abroad)--and as such they can field a range of models that is as expansive as those of rival brands. The Lexus lineup is getting larger, but there is a lot of potential still out there, and these facilities are well-equipped to handle a product onslaught. These showrooms would be elevated with some additional F-models, but also perhaps even branching out to a sporty cute-ute, a large coupe, etc....although I wouldn't necessarily want Lexus to go into every niche, and the more variations = more complexity, there is room to grow.
Yes I completely agree. These large dealerships truly are a sign of whats to come. More F models, more hybrids, more $100,000+ models etc etc. I think in the "near" future Lexus's lineup will closely mirror Audi and Mercedes.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Exactly.....this is the dealer saying early "more good products are coming"
+1
Old 12-02-09, 08:36 AM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
there are all kind of people out there, i am not sure if i know what your point is. i can also tell you i know people with a lot of money and also spending a lot on cars.

in the end, lexus is a luxury brand. if anyone wants to make "full sense" and just get a car, get a toyota. as soon as one steps in the lexus (or other luxury brands) door, then one is paying somewhat of a premium for their cars. very simple concept. there is nothing special about it. it's a take it or leave it thing
IMO from what I've seen, most consumers out there who appreciate nice cars enough to be interested in a Lexus still don't want to be wasteful with their money. Thus if one dealer demands full MSRP and one is wiling to discount by 5-10%, people will flock to the discount even if it means their dealership doesn't have solid marble floors and a built in restaurant.

IMO the price point where you come across people who just don't care whether or not they get a discount and only care about the experience... that point is above Lexus, or at least above their bread and butter vehicles like the ES and RX.
Old 12-02-09, 08:54 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Threxx
IMO from what I've seen, most consumers out there who appreciate nice cars enough to be interested in a Lexus still don't want to be wasteful with their money. Thus if one dealer demands full MSRP and one is wiling to discount by 5-10%, people will flock to the discount even if it means their dealership doesn't have solid marble floors and a built in restaurant.

IMO the price point where you come across people who just don't care whether or not they get a discount and only care about the experience... that point is above Lexus, or at least above their bread and butter vehicles like the ES and RX.
I see what you are saying as well but I think Henry's point is dealerships like this appeal to the ego...a huge part of the luxury experience. Not the needs, but the wants and "just because". The "My dealership has this, what does yours have" competition.

Luxury is about excess and these dealerships are excessive. Now in this current economy/mind state of people, they might seem like big gold trophies but in time they will make sense.

Going by to Lexus, they continue to expand and its better to have an abundance of space that you will grow into than what has happened in the past. Smaller dealerships that need substantial upgrading or they have to be abandoned for a larger one.

Old 12-02-09, 09:02 AM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
this is probably in a rich *** area of town so the dealer only does MSRP anyways, because the people dont buy it dont care to bargain. That is how they can fund it.
Esco is a pretty middle class area of San Diego county. This dealership-amusement park belongs in Costa Mesa or Irvine
Old 12-02-09, 09:02 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The fluff is nice. But from a business standpoint, Lexus and Toyota dealerships move/sell a lot more vehicles per dealership than GM dealerships so they are doing something right.
Old 12-02-09, 09:04 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Escondido meet ?
Old 12-03-09, 11:21 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another local news station covered the now-open dealership, large facility...seems to be a 'soft' opening, the basic dealership functions are all active, while the restaurant and retail shops are still to come. Flower shop, chocolatier? etc. There are LS 460 Sport models on the floor...

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/lex...tory?track=rss

The dealership site also has been updated, and a new official press release details their amenities:

http://www.lexusescondido.com/MiscPage
Old 12-06-09, 06:38 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

I visited last week and it blows Newport Lexus out of the water. It's not 100% done yet, but it's just insane.

Write up to follow this week...been too damn busy.
Old 12-06-09, 07:45 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

That is very nice.......
Old 12-06-09, 08:02 PM
Haitwun
Pole Position

That looks sweet! I thought Lexus of North Miami was crazy but this one takes the cake!
I will definitely have to go check it out. I wonder how the food at the Lexus restaurant will taste....If the price is right, I might have my car serviced there while I am at it.

Originally Posted by (Cj)
I think in the "near" future Lexus's lineup will closely mirror Audi and Mercedes.
Oh I hope that is true! Like a new SC? Or second generation LFA that is NOT limited production?

Last edited by Haitwun; 12-06-09 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-06-09, 11:46 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice to see ANY new dealership pop up during these hard times. That kind of speaks volumes for Lexus, that they are in a well enough position to be expanding dealerships while everyone else is closing them.
Old 12-07-09, 07:56 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Nice to see ANY new dealership pop up during these hard times. That kind of speaks volumes for Lexus, that they are in a well enough position to be expanding dealerships while everyone else is closing them.
Exactly, just Business 101 stuff, strong companies take market share during recessionary times.
Old 12-07-09, 10:56 AM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

This dealership will profit well if it's located in La Jolla or Del Mar. Escondido isn't the nicest area in SD. It does appear much nicer than Lexus of Newport Beach. Customers will get raped somehow.
Old 12-07-09, 12:49 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KA8
This dealership will profit well if it's located in La Jolla or Del Mar. Escondido isn't the nicest area in SD. It does appear much nicer than Lexus of Newport Beach. Customers will get raped somehow.
nah, actually the rates are the same as Lexus Carlsbad (same company).
Old 12-07-09, 01:29 PM
soupdawg
Pole Position

how much raping is the service department going to be. gotta recoup that 30 million somehow.

Quick Reply: Lexus Escondido Centre "super dealership" opening