Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Audi: We are Not a Green Company

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-09, 12:37 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by IS-SV
btw, wtf (is this):

"We will stick to our Vorsprung Durch Technik philosophy"
That is code for "fanbois we haz thee soullzz & theeeyyy don't"

Old 12-08-09, 12:43 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
That is code for "fanbois we haz thee soullzz & theeeyyy don't"
Got it, I should have looked it up in my CEO nonsensical double-speak dictionary.
Old 12-08-09, 12:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Guys lets get this thread back on topic please and headed in a bit less personal direction.
Old 12-08-09, 12:51 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

That was my fault for asking what the fancy phrase meant. Any here's the definition (on topic):

Vorsprung Durch Technik philosophy

This German phrase is usually translated into English as 'progress through technology'. A literal translation would be 'advancement through technology'. There's no single English word which is an exact English equivalent of 'vorsprung'; 'to leap ahead' comes close.

Now we know, wonderful.
Old 12-08-09, 12:51 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Seriously who cares about this efficient/nonefficient nonsense? All modern cars with engine specs are more or less equally efficient, its all about your driving style.
Old 12-08-09, 12:59 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I think in order to survive in the future automotive market with the price gas going nothwhere but up, all car comapnies have to find a way to make their cars more efficient, but that doesnt mean they are a green company. To me a green company is a compant that design cars for top efficiency only. If the Prius was a company, it would a green company, if the Chevy volt is a comapny, than that would green as well, but as long as they still built the Corvette and the LAF, they are not green in my mind.
Old 12-08-09, 01:04 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by The G Man
I think in order to survive in the future automotive market with the price gas going nothwhere but up, all car comapnies have to find a way to make their cars more efficient, but that doesnt mean they are a green company. To me a green company is a compant that design cars for top efficiency only. If the Prius was a company, it would a green company, if the Chevy volt is a comapny, than that would green as well, but as long as they still built the Corvette and the LAF, they are not green in my mind.
I think that's what Audi means. They're first and foremost a sport luxury brand and hey if they can engineer an engine that makes the same power and wastes less fuel that's awesome. I think the point is that they don't plan on making fuel sipping cars for the sake of efficiency, they're not planning to make a 3 cylinder 50hp A3.
Old 12-08-09, 01:06 PM
LexFather

Audi e-tron limited to 1000 examples, will be priced "above R8"

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...ncepts/245681/

Old 12-08-09, 01:06 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think Jeremy Clarkson has said it the best when it comes to efficiency nonsense. I don't remember exactly how it went, I gotta look to see if i can find the clip. But he basically said that companies dont care for the green nonsense, they just gotta present it to keep the greenies off their back, so they can move on with real products.
Old 12-08-09, 01:13 PM
LexFather

I don't know why he has to attack the BMW dynamics whatever cars. They are firsts for BMW and they will learn a lot about them. Surely if BMW didn't think people would want them, they wouldn't make them.

If they can avoid get lower congestion charges and taxes in Europe, they will be VERY popular with those that can afford them.

I don't think of BMW as a a "Green" company b/c of it. I think its great they are trying. BMW still stands for sport, more sport than Audi even with these "green cars".

Seems to me Audi can't figure a hybrid out, thats all. And how about stop LABELING everything?

Old 12-08-09, 01:15 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Every single car has to stand on its own merit, and secondly it needs to be backed by strong, customer-oriented company, calling themselves green or not.
Old 12-08-09, 01:18 PM
The G Man
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

The only green car companies care about are the type that goes into their wallet
Old 12-08-09, 01:25 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

I don't know about "Your cars all look the same" comment, I love the new S4 and R8, if you can seriously look at them and tell me they look the same, I'll eat a bowl of nails as cereals.
Old 12-08-09, 01:27 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by FormosaSC
I don't know about "Your cars all look the same" comment, I love the new S4 and R8, if you can seriously look at them and tell me they look the same, I'll eat a bowl of nails as cereals.
R8/tt no..everything else...yes..eat up

Old 12-08-09, 01:30 PM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Hahahaha I can't believe someone took a picture of this!

Well my argument was for S4 and R8, so I'm spared

Quick Reply: Audi: We are Not a Green Company